Let’s swing back to the 50s.

I remember seeing the movie "Love Me Tender" in the movie theater in 1956 when I was eight years old in Hawaii by myself. We could do things like that back then. My next favorite to see in the theater by myself was "Tarantella". Those were the good old days. :)

The Brooklyn Dodgers.

I remember listening to this game on the radio. I remember the way the crowd roared and rthe announcer went crazy when Sandy Ambrose made that catch. And now, thanks to youtube, I finally got to see it.

When I googled Saturday matinee movies I got The Secret life of Pets, Aladdin. No way would Song of the South ever pop up ...never. Picture on the fridge? That one? :lofl:
applecruncher, I can't believe you're calling me a Liar and ROTFL. You're a mean person. Here's my proof that pic of the children in the theater I posted is on my fridge. The proof is not for you because you don't deserve my energy. But it's for my friends here that read your mean spirited accusations. And btw, you didn't google "1950's children's saturday morning matinee movies". Plus, what google shows me may well be different than what it shows you.

IMG-0084.jpg

Last edited:
As long as your preferences don't extend to public accommodations, who cares? People who don't prefer grumpy old men are sure to avoid you. I do not see that as ugly.

I never mentioned any accommodations.......

And I never even hinted to any sort of name calling.......

Lara,

The fact that you have the picture or your sister sent you the picture is beside the point. You just aren't getting it. So be it.

Since I don't deserve your energy then stop quoting and talking to me. You can also stop reading me by using the ignore command.

And....suggest you be careful about the personal attacks. :whome:

Last edited:
Jumping to conclusions is not a good thing. I don't think that Lara is racist. I believe about the picture of the kids in the theater on her refrigerator. Doesn't mean I'm not insensitive to racism.

There's been a rumor in my Viennese family forever that my Japanese dad is not my biological dad. I don't look Japanese but look 99% like my European mother. But I'm also 99% sure I am half Japanese. I sent in my 23andME kit a couple of days ago. I just hope I was able to produce enough spit so be able for them to use the sample to create my profile. I am really excited to see the result. It will take weeks, though.

Thank you Olivia, Keesha, and RadishRose for your support.
You gals know me well and I respect the way you look for the best in others.
I'm sorry it took time way from the topic. It's a fun thread topic Pappy
:)

Olivia, keep us updated on the DNA profile results. I'm excited for you!

Back