Living alone have family and friends but very alone

Morningglory

Living alone with health problems are very hard sometimes, I don't like to ask for help , everyone has their busy life's to live, thanks to a daughter that takes me to my appointments but no time in between, another daughter has family and very busy, another daughter that lives 1800 miles away and no contact, my son the youngest was killed 11 yrs ago this past July 5 .. I miss him every day he had more time for me then the girls, so life gets very lonely, have 9 grandchildren never see but 2 of them rarely.
Why does getting old have to hurt .

Living alone with health problems are very hard sometimes, I don't like to ask for help , everyone has their busy life's to live, thanks to a daughter that takes me to my appointments but no time in between, another daughter has family and very busy, another daughter that lives 1800 miles away and no contact, my son the youngest was killed 11 yrs ago this past July 5 .. I miss him every day he had more time for me then the girls, so life gets very lonely, have 9 grandchildren never see but 2 of them rarely.
Why does getting old have to hurt .

Morninglory, I'm so sorry you lost your son and your girls and grands don't have enough time. It happens all the time, but we still feel lonely. You have us here to talk to when you need us.:)

Morningglory, I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely, but you're blessed to have some friends and family and a daughter that helps you sometimes, some seniors don't even have that. Like Twinkles said, that's how kids are, I know I didn't spend nearly enough time with my mother when she was alive, I moved to a different state and only contacted her on special occasions.

Rose has good advice too, there's a community of friendly and caring folks right here that you can interact with every day. Just jump in and join some of the discussions, or start some of your own and it will help with your loneliness. My sincere sympathy for the loss of your son. :rose:

Thank you, yes Seabreeze I am blessed to have family and a couple friends, still feel alone, never see or hear from them, and I am thankful my daughter takes me to Drs and where I need to go, but never can visit any time. Or no phone calls. Like you I was the same with my mom,I lived 60 miles away and had siblings closer, but when she got bad and couldn't be alone I came and stayed with her, I know now how she must have felt. I'm glad I found this community to be able to communicate with carding and friendly people. ��

Thank you Radishrose, I know I'm not in the boat all alone, and it feels good to get to communicate with everyone here on this forum ��

Morningglory, it's very good to communicate your feelings. There are folks here that totally understand. That's one of the reasons I'm on here.

My in-laws (wife's family) are all in So Calif. and we haven't been back to So Calif since we left in mid 2002. Like what's left of my family, her family isn't that close to us at all, but we have each other and TO US, that's all we need. Wife lost both of her kids years ago. Son as a teen to cancer and a daughter to crib death. My 42 year old daughter is completely estranged from me and pretty much from her mother as well. Wife and I simply accept this.

It's very hard being alone and in not that good of health. You know family is out there, but. It's just a shame, but, unfortunately, that's just the way some families are towards their Senior parents.

Morningglory, it's very good to communicate your feelings. There are folks here that totally understand. That's one of the reasons I'm on here.

My in-laws (wife's family) are all in So Calif. and we haven't been back to So Calif since we left in mid 2002. Like what's left of my family, her family isn't that close to us at all, but we have each other and TO US, that's all we need. Wife lost both of her kids years ago. Son as a teen to cancer and a daughter to crib death. My 42 year old daughter is completely estranged from me and pretty much from her mother as well. Wife and I simply accept this.

It's very hard being alone and in not that good of health. You know family is out there, but. It's just a shame, but, unfortunately, that's just the way some families are towards their Senior parents.

CR, what a caring post! I has no idea your wife lost her children and you're estranged from your daughter. So sorry. It's great you have your wife to share with.

Yes ClassicRocker, it is so good to have a wonderful group to let your feeling out, where all on here have been, and a lot of good advice! I really appreciate. It's good you have your wife to get thru your sad times. You and Your wife has been thru so much trauma losing her children, And your daughter being estranged from you,the pain never leaves completely. Thank you for your message and God Bless

Thank you Hollydolly, you must be very lonely for your only child so far away, but hopefully you are in good standing.
God Bless. ��

Hi Morningglory,welcome to this friendly forum
I'm sorry you are having health and family, problems but you've come to the right place to talk about whatever is going on in your life
I had no family living here,my younger brother lives in Rye,NY,talk to him every Sun,older sister lives in England,get emails from her every couple of months
I have a close circle of friends who are my'Buffalo family' would be lost without them Sue

Hi Morningglory,welcome to this friendly forum
I'm sorry you are having health and family, problems but you've come to the right place to talk about whatever is going on in your life
I had no family living here,my younger brother lives in Rye,NY,talk to him every Sun,older sister lives in England,get emails from her every couple of m
I have a close circle of friends who are my'Buffalo family' would be lost without them Sue
Thanks moviequeen1, glad to know you are not completely alone, since I've had back surgery with complications not being able to barely walk my social life is 0 , and I sit alone every day with just tv and Internet, a conversation with a human would be welcoming once in awhile 😊

Thanks moviequeen1, glad to know you are not completely alone, since I've had back surgery with complications not being able to barely walk my social life is 0 , and I sit alone every day with just tv and Internet, a conversation with a human would be welcoming once in awhile 

Morningglory, I live alone also. If I had a cell phone we could call each other and talk! Like you, I need someone to talk to sometimes. My daughters never call me and they don't visit either. My friends are busy so they aren't able to talk much and there are times I need to talk to real people and not to myself. This forum has helped me a lot especially during my lonely times. Do you have any hobbies that you could do that would help pass the time for you? Hobbies seem to help some people including myself.

Morningglory, I live alone also. If I had a cell phone we could call each other and talk! Like you, I need someone to talk to sometimes. My daughters never call me and they don't visit either. My friends are busy so they aren't able to talk much and there are times I need to talk to real people and not to myself. This forum has helped me a lot especially during my lonely times. Do you have any hobbies that you could do that would help pass the time for you? Hobbies seem to help some people including myself.

Pardon my butting in ladies?...But.

"If I had a cell phone we could call each other and talk! Like you, I need someone to talk to sometimes."

Why does the cell phone matter ?

Pardon my butting in ladies?...But.

"If I had a cell phone we could call each other and talk! Like you, I need someone to talk to sometimes."

Why does the cell phone matter ?

I was just guessing she lives in another state so that my land line couldn't call her unless I have a long distance service which I don't. I stopped that service years ago because it was never used but they were charging me for the service so I would have it if I needed it which I didn't. From what I understand, with a cell phone, you can call other states just like you can call your neighbor. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Hi AprilSun, I crochet but have lost interest, I play a bouncing ball game and bingo on the Internet, I get tired of that too. I have a land line and can call anywhere unlimited maybe we can connect, if you want.😊

I was just guessing she lives in another state so that my land line couldn't call her unless I have a long distance service which I don't. I stopped that service years ago because it was never used but they were charging me for the service so I would have it if I needed it which I didn't. From what I understand, with a cell phone, you can call other states just like you can call your neighbor. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Never knew there were such land line restrictions ?

I believe you are correct about the cell....mine is that way.

Hi AprilSun, I crochet but have lost interest, I play a bouncing ball game and bingo on the Internet, I get tired of that too. I have a land line and can call anywhere unlimited maybe we can connect, if you want.

I'm sorry Morningglory but I can't use my land line for taking calls that are from other area codes. My land line is set up to block area codes using a telemarketing device so it won't even ring if your area code is listed in it's block list. That's another reason I stated if I had a cell phone we could talk but I didn't explain that part of it. I'm sorry.

Never knew there were such land line restrictions ?

I believe you are correct about the cell....mine is that way.

There sure is. Without paying for the long distance service, if you dial a number that is outside of your area, for example, another state, you get this funny tone and then a message saying something about you not having that service. So it doesn't work.

Not everyone can afford to switch their phone service to "all distance", but we do have email anyway.

There used to be a way to talk long distance through the computers. Quite a few years ago, I did it, but no way can I remember how. It was so long ago it was through a dial-up isp connection (AOL). I wonder if it can still be done? You might be able to use Skype or Face Talk?

Back