Lost 5.5 pounds since July 3

This is it for 2021 - the sharpest losses were in et summer hen I was moving a lot and heavy items.

View attachment 197539
Deb, I don't know how you do it. You are like the energizer bunny! I don't know why you aren't constantly overwhelmed. I don't know if I could be as consistent as you have been with this huge project. Some of the memories from going through everything must have reminded you of how much you miss your parents. I don't have much of my Mom's stuff (I gave it to my sister), but when I look at it, I it brings back memories tinged with sadness because I miss her.

Your body probably truly needed the rest, after the extremes demanded from moving, so in my own view, it's likely best for your overall health, even though you gained a few pounds back.

Actually many people gain back a little in winter.
It's not a lot, seems to me, but of course, you know your own needs best.

A BIG oops for February. I gained 5.5 pounds. Probably would have been more if I didn't go out for a daily walk and had to shovel snow a few times. My biggest problem is a bad case of "The Munchies". I just can't feel full no matter how much museli and Cheez-Its I eat.
It happens. Much too easily.

Having had the flu this past week seemed to help me get back on track a bit. Some stressor always seems to get back at me though but I've had a good week. I'm supposed to have a stretch of time off after being forced to work the PM shift this weekend, so I'm hoping I can start walking again Tuesday (probably won't Monday) and not buy any chips.

Work is a major, major stressor for me.

not buy any chips
Good for you!
When I stopped moving, I started gaining
Same happens with me, but I think its more what I eat than the exercise calorie burn. I seem to want to eat more when not exercising.

And it is surprising how few calories you burn exercising, at the gym I figure I burn 200 calories or so an hour. It takes about 3,500 calories burned to lose a pound, so that would be over 17 gym hours to burn one pound. Cutting calories makes a bigger difference.

Back