Man dead for 45 minutes says he awoke after seeing afterlife

Pretty funny thread. There's an explanation for everything.
Reminded me of a comment my dad made when someone said they watched an interview with Muhammad Ali on a talk show. They were discussing UFO's. Ali said "I've seen UFO's many times."
My dad said, "Damn right." I'd see UFO's, too if I was hit by Joe Frazier." :)

I'm not buying any of this. Nobody is going without breathing for 45 minutes. That's BS. At 6 minutes without oxygenated blood, the brain begins to deteriorate. As to "recalls" about near death experiences, they vary from culture to culture. There are not all the same. And they are as valid as dreams. And, they are called "NEAR death experience", so by definition, you aren't dead. It's like being called the NEAR winner of the lottery.
Not according to medical professionals and the definition of dead. There are many examples of people being declared dead and you are either dead or you aren’t.

Near death experience means you came close to death but didn’t die.

There appears to be a significant difference.

There are sleep disorders in which the person briefly hallucinates seeing people who have been long dead. Not dreaming, I mean suddenly waking from sleep and, with one's eyes open, actually "seeing" those people for a few seconds. Then the "apparitions" fade.

I suspect that these near death accounts of seeing loved ones are very much the same thing. Religion has nothing to do with it. Death has nothing to do with it. It's a mysterious phenomenon that our brain experiences in extreme circumstances.

I read somewhere that the lights, etc., that people report seeing when they have been in a very near death state are actually the result of chemical changes and misfiring synapses as the brain heads toward final shutdown.

Makes as much sense as anything else.

remember cautious folks, piece of string in coffin. connected to bell on top of soil?
still occurring until 1850, perhaps later (don't remember about pipe or other
mechanisms placed on top, to get oxygen do the 'departed.')
Interesting...
If you and your spouse had a so-so relationship, that spouse died, then you heard someone clanging a bell. Would you immediately quit spreading manure, run to grave, dig up sweet Lucy, or would you pause, reflect...?

remember cautious folks, piece of string in coffin. connected to bell on top of soil?
Interesting...
If you and your spouse had a so-so relationship, that spouse died, then you heard someone clanging a bell. Would you immediately quit spreading manure, run to grave, dig up sweet Lucy, or would you pause, reflect...?
If I had to give back the insurance money, might just keep on spreading manure. 🤮

Interesting...
Does your question mean sweet Lucy was buried on your property instead of a grave yard? If so & if you had mal intention [pause, reflect] why would you add the bell ringing ability?

Knight asks question I have no answer tooooo.
We know
Catholicism required 'holy ground burials.'
(Wonder if the dead person, not meeting the qualifications for burial in
church yard commentary gave a damn?)
I think the bell incidents occurred, primarily in the east, where folks had
grave yards.
Catholicism had difficult time crossing the Mississippi, (A stay-at-home
bunch-what?)
Frontier days, 1840-1920(???) farms, ranches had plots on their own land,
'family cemeteries. They can still be found today.
'Sweet Lucy is dead, us get on with work.'

I would guess the bell events didn't occur West of the Mississippi.

( I know of many small graveyards bulldozed without any removal of occupants in family graveyards. When the land is sold to developers:
'were here to make money (track housing) not waste money digging up dead folks.)

Wikipedia, see safety coffins-hmmm
also, 1890 folks waking up in the morgue-over 200 incidents.

Sunny:
Can you remember the first time you viewed 'Monty Phython,'?
'What, what, what are they doing'??????
I still use, 'Now for something completely different,'..................

Such fairy tales make for interesting reading....for those who buy it.
Another group of individuals who like this stuff: Religious people like to attribute stories like this to a "miracle."

win 231
Consider the extra expense of the mechanisms, I assume it require some skill
to place the items into the casket, the air tube, bell... The site of the burial is blurred, who is monitoring the bell? Grave had to have someone listening.
I've never considered that aspect, had to be close to parsonage, family property?

Not sure about the occurrence in Europe, this was a part of American History,
Prof found interesting. When he went off on a topic, better pay attention as it will be seen on test.

Hey guy, your a cleb!
your avatar is on access page, but you probably know that.

Jerry, I still love Monty Python, even after all these years. Just thinking of John Cleese and his "Minister of Silly Walks" routine cracks me up.

Back