Missouri couple greet marching protesters with guns

I can't load the video again because it crashes my computer.

So I can only go by memory. I don't recall them pointing the guns at the protestors. Especially the guy with the semi-automatic. It seems to me he knows the law. The lady was waving the pistol around in the air. There seemed to me to be no direct threat to the marchers. More of a deterrent.

I posted this before and got no response. I'm not a fan of guns but when mobs are out what do you do?

I'm wondering if what they said to the television station on an interview is that they tore down gates stating private property is true. Because if it is they are justified in protecting their property.

The couple IMO should be charged, fined, and stripped of their rights to ever own or possess a firearm again.
If someone or other's walking in front of our home with weapons....I would get my weapon out...
I have a right....The couple had a right when those thugs came marching in front of their home....and they knocked down
the gates to their private property...It wasn't just a street it was private....How can you even think that the thugs were just
walking to be nice.....I don't think so!!!!!!!! By the way.....You must be young and haven't lived....Those thugs are dangerous...
When you have people in droves walking in front of your home with guns....You would be scared.....

See, now I think having two gun owners who are scaredy-cats made the situation worse.
I just have to say, with all the burning and looting done by the idiots "demonstrating" in this country, I'd be afraid of a mob marching into my neighborhood, too. I wouldn't be outside waving my guns, but I'd certainly have them locked and loaded inside my house. And I'd be calling the police.

We are responsible gun owners, and your insults about American gun owners are quite tiresome. You don't want them, FINE. No need to insult other people who do.

If someone or other's walking in front of our home with weapons....I would get my weapon out...
I have a right....The couple had a right when those thugs came marching in front of their home....and they knocked down
the gates to their private property...It wasn't just a street it was private....How can you even think that the thugs were just
walking to be nice.....I don't think so!!!!!!!! By the way.....You must be young and haven't lived....Those thugs are dangerous...
When you have people in droves walking in front of your home with guns....You would be scared.....
The reason why they were there? They were marching to the mayor's home shouting for her to resign and take the police with her.

When people are hollering and shouting, that to me is not a "peaceful" demonstration.

I wasn't aware that standing outside and in front of someone's home in the USofA, is illegal and worthy of being threatened with a gun.
What.........they had guns in droves.....I would get my gun pronto They were not on the streets, they knocked down gates to get
into the Community....Where people pay a lot of money for their homes.....I never in my life ever see people walking in the streets
with weapons....Yes, the thugs had guns....Why don't you go join them...…..And did you ever see people in droves standing on
someone's house....I never in my life ever saw that where I live....I lived a long time.....It never happened....
They were Thugs!!!!

Not only did the couple prove to the world what dim-wits they are by so carelessly handling guns in the manner they did, but if I was fearing for my life the last thing I would have considered doing was turning myself into a sitting duck by walking outside brandishing guns.

Remaining inside ones home is (by far) the safer alternative (would be a no-brainer for most to compute), which tells me that the couple in question weren't afraid or scared at all, but rather, were craving notoriety.

The only thugs I seen were the McCloskey's.

I just have to say, with all the burning and looting done by the idiots "demonstrating" in this country, I'd be afraid of a mob marching into my neighborhood, too. I wouldn't be outside waving my guns, but I'd certainly have them locked and loaded inside my house. And I'd be calling the police.

We are responsible gun owners, and your insults about American gun owners are quite tiresome. You don't want them, FINE. No need to insult other people who do.
From all that I seen of the couple in the video, nothing could be more untrue.

Dear husband and I are pro-gun folk, so it has zero to do with wanting them or not. We're armed, too, but here in Canada (thanks to regulations and laws) we don't look to reach for our guns whenever we encounter a problem or look to solve an issue.

From all that I seen of the couple in the video, nothing could be more untrue.

Dear husband and I are pro-gun folk, so it has zero to do with wanting them or not. We're armed, too, but here in Canada (thanks to regulations and laws) we don't look to reach for our guns whenever we encounter a problem or look to solve an issue.
I wasn't talking about the couple in the video. And FYI, a handful of idiots who make the news are not representative of all American gun owners, or even a tiny fraction of them.

I wasn't talking about the couple in the video. And FYI, a handful of idiots who make the news are not representative of all American gun owners, or even a tiny fraction of them.
Oh? The last thread I recall reading and taking part in was that of the fed up' liquor store owner who shot a shoplifter in the back.

I'm no mathematician, but that's two-for-two, which tells me differently.

Wishing you a wonderful evening.

The couple had a right when those thugs came marching in front of their home....and they knocked down
the gates to their private property...It wasn't just a street it was private....

Ah, but that's the question, Peppermint. They were marching in the street, not on the couple's lawn, or in their house. So, was the street the couple's "private property?" I think only a lawyer in Missouri could answer that.

Here's a good article showing various points of view on this.

https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-...cle_afbb1b2c-b98e-11ea-ba7e-b3452007bfc8.html

Last edited:
Ah, but that's the question, Peppermint. They were marching in the street, not on the couple's lawn, or in their house. So, was the street the couple's "private property?" I think only a lawyer in Missouri could answer that.

Here's a good article showing various points of view on this.

https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-...cle_afbb1b2c-b98e-11ea-ba7e-b3452007bfc8.html
I'm pretty sure that it was a closed community....Did you see the gate pushed open.....Come on, the mob were thugs....
That's what is going on in the country, they think they could do anything they want....Probably because most of them don't even
have a job....Why are there so many people out in the streets.....I say go home and get a job or take care of your family.....

I thought years ago it was worse...when we had mobs walking the Main Street in our streets....I said this before....The poor ladies
most were Black ladies on the Avenue and very scared....My husband worked for a store and came out of the store to get the
ladies to come into the store...He wanted to protect them...this was in the 60's...… It was a terrible time....
But this is worse....It just lingers everyday....

Yes, it was a gated community, but did that make the streets of that community anyone's "private property?" I discussed that earlier in this thread. I live in a gated community, yet the streets are not anyone's "private property." How could they be? What if I decide to close off my "private property" to traffic, and plant a garden out there instead? Would I be able to do it? That's what you can do, after all, with your own private property.

If their community is anything like mine the streets are probably owned collectively, and managed by their community association. If you don't like people marching around and chanting political slogans while they are in your own front yard, you have a perfect right to chase them off. But not if they are in the streets. Living in a free country means people have the right to protest openly and publicly.

If they broke down a gate to get in (which seems to be in dispute), they should have been confronted by security guards. Or by the police, who obviously should have been called. But the individual homeowners are not an armed militia, charged with getting people they don't like off the streets by waving guns around, in his case the kind of semiautomatic that has been implicated in so many mass shootings. These people are lawyers; they should have known better! It's an absolute miracle that no one was killed.

Yes, it was a gated community, but did that make the streets of that community anyone's "private property?" I discussed that earlier in this thread. I live in a gated community, yet the streets are not anyone's "private property." How could they be? What if I decide to close off my "private property" to traffic, and plant a garden out there instead? Would I be able to do it? That's what you can do, after all, with your own private property.

If their community is anything like mine the streets are probably owned collectively, and managed by their community association. If you don't like people marching around and chanting political slogans while they are in your own front yard, you have a perfect right to chase them off. But not if they are in the streets. Living in a free country means people have the right to protest openly and publicly.

If they broke down a gate to get in (which seems to be in dispute), they should have been confronted by security guards. Or by the police, who obviously should have been called. But the individual homeowners are not an armed militia, charged with getting people they don't like off the streets by waving guns around, in his case the kind of semiautomatic that has been implicated in so many mass shootings. These people are lawyers; they should have known better! It's an absolute miracle that no one was killed.

They were on the sidewalk in front of the couples home ..... In many jurisdictions , that is part of the owners property. It is that way here.

Laws differ from state to state. I'm not familiar with the laws in that state, but IMO, it's a bad idea to point a gun at anyone UNLESS you are in danger of injury or death. Protesters walking by do not put anyone in danger.

If I was concerned for my safety in that situation, I would have a concealed handgun on my person; not a rifle. In my state, what the couple did would be considered "Brandishing" & may lead to charges & a loss of rights to own a firearm in the future.

30 years ago, I heard my dogs barking like crazy at around 10pm. When I looked outside, I say a guy standing at my security gate. I went out to see what he was doing there - with a concealed handgun (no need to scare anyone unnecessarily).
He was wearing a large tool belt & he looked around 20.
I said, "Hi, can I help you?"
He said, "I'm from Century Communications & I'm trying to find out who is pirating cable TV by connecting to their neighbor's antenna."
I said, "I don't have cable TV, so you're wasting your time here. And, you're trespassing & startling my dogs."
He said, "I'm going to climb on your roof to check."
I said, "No, you're NOT going to climb on my roof."
He said, "I have a right to see if you're stealing cable."
I said, "This is the part where you leave. If you climb on my roof, you won't make your next birthday. Understand?"
I thought he got the message, but the next day the gate was open for the gardener, while I wasn't home. He didn't climb on my roof, but he cut my TV antenna wire where it connects to the roof antenna.

After I made a police report, I called the cable company & told them what happened. They immediately sent a technician who re-wired my antenna with an upgraded cable. The technician also said they took the $300.00 installation cost out of his check & fired the employee.

Come on, they were thugs....Be serious!!!! Do you go out with a crowd in front of people's homes, you don't even know....
I don't get that!!! A protest in front of a person's home is a scare for the people that live there...Why did the crowd pick that
street? Not in my world!!!! Protest's have nothing else to do, so they become radical...

So I'll tell you something here....I was a Secretary in a High School....We were demanded to walk the streets and give fliers to
people to read....That was from the Union in our State.....5 of our Secretaries, did not walk the streets....We went home....
The next day we went back to work....The Principal gave us the "High Five".....He was proud of us doing the right thing....

I don't protest.....It's not in my blood....(Only if someone was harming my house and my family) People can't stand outside your home unless they are watching a parade or having a community party on that street...And, that has to be allowed to get a permit from the city . We only have dog walkers on our street....They say hello or just go by....They don't stand in front of the street from our home...

By the way....they were thugs....They wanted to get those people out of their house and take their home....It wasn't 3 people, it was a mob...

You don't have to like what I just posted....

As far as I can see the man holding the rifle knows the law. He wasn't pointing it at anyone, at least that I could see in the video which I cannot load again.
The female holding the pistol was just waving it around and didn't have a clue about what she was doing.
The mob wasn't trying to take the homeowners home by any stretch of the imagination.
They were there on that street that went by the homeowners home because they were on the way to the mayor's home which is in the same area or same street.
They were chanting at the mayor's home to resign and take the police with them.
They did force the gate open which was marked private property.
I don't live in the U.S. but if I did, I would have a gun for protection.
In our city now, we are seeing violence with guns which we never saw before.
At one time I had no qualms about going for a walk after midnight. No longer.

As far as I can see the man holding the rifle knows the law. He wasn't pointing it at anyone, at least that I could see in the video which I cannot load again.
The female holding the pistol was just waving it around and didn't have a clue about what she was doing.
The mob wasn't trying to take the homeowners home by any stretch of the imagination.
They were there on that street that went by the homeowners home because they were on the way to the mayor's home which is in the same area or same street.
They were chanting at the mayor's home to resign and take the police with them.
They did force the gate open which was marked private property.
I don't live in the U.S. but if I did, I would have a gun for protection.
In our city now, we are seeing violence with guns which we never saw before.
At one time I had no qualms about going for a walk after midnight. No longer.

Here's what I don't understand. Why so much attention focused on this couple, who may have been doing something dumb. They were not arrested and they did not hurt anyone. And they were confronting protesters who had, after all, broken down the gate to the private street on which they live.

I'm not condoning their actions. I'm just saying at the end of the day, no harm was done, except to the gate.

Meanwhile things like this come and go with little discussion. This guy -- a "protester" -- actually did kill someone, with a pistol, in a public park.
This is what I would call selective outrage.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...hooting-at-breonna-taylor-protest/3274003001/

Meanwhile things like this come and go with little discussion. This guy -- a "protester" -- actually did kill someone, with a pistol, in a public park.
This is what I would call selective outrage.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...hooting-at-breonna-taylor-protest/3274003001/
The way I read it, a "protester" was the victim making the accused shooter, who was not yet identified, a person with a different point of view:

"The victim killed was a 27-year-old Louisville man who had become a vocal supporter of ongoing protests against racism and police brutality.

Tyler Gerth died Saturday at the downtown Louisville park, the Jefferson County Coroner's Office confirmed Sunday. A gunshot wound was cited as the cause of death."

USA Today stopped my ability to copy more, but the gist is there was going to be a counter-demonstration of a "patriot militia" and the shooter may have been part of that. The shooter fired into the tents set up by the "protesters" and was somehow injured himself.

Re Read the article. One of us got it backward & I think it was you. :unsure:

ETA---"The shooting took place at 9 p.m. following a peaceful morning and afternoon at the park, which at one point was expected to be the site of a counterprotest led by an armed "patriot militia." "

See, now I think having two gun owners who are scaredy-cats made the situation worse.
I see your location is "The Great White North". A black official stated recently the greatest threat to black rights is liberal white women that holler at everyone nonblack until they find themselves alone with a black man then it's 911. Oh, and "scaredy-cats?! I have not heard that since I was 6 years old.

EbpXCFdXQAUZfxl

"Looks like MAGA Bonnie and Clyde robbed a Talbot's!"

(I thought this caption was right on the button!) 😄

Even if they were "thugs," I'm still waiting for someone to answer this:
The way I read it, a "protester" was the victim making the accused shooter, who was not yet identified, a person with a different point of view:

"The victim killed was a 27-year-old Louisville man who had become a vocal supporter of ongoing protests against racism and police brutality.

Tyler Gerth died Saturday at the downtown Louisville park, the Jefferson County Coroner's Office confirmed Sunday. A gunshot wound was cited as the cause of death."

USA Today stopped my ability to copy more, but the gist is there was going to be a counter-demonstration of a "patriot militia" and the shooter may have been part of that. The shooter fired into the tents set up by the "protesters" and was somehow injured himself.

ETA---"The shooting took place at 9 p.m. following a peaceful morning and afternoon at the park, which at one point was expected to be the site of a counterprotest led by an armed "patriot militia." "

No.

Lopez has been a frequent sight at the protests, which have rocked the streets of Louisville for a month.

Several Louisville Courier Journal reporters have seen him among the crowd in recent days, and a speaker at a Kentucky Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression press conference Sunday morning said he'd been among the crowd for the past 12 days at least.

A man is arrested by Louisville Metro police after an attempt by protesters to block Liberty Street in downtown Louisville, Kentucky. June 17, 2020

Court records show he was one of 17 protesters arrested on June 17, and a Courier Journal photographer captured his arrest that day in a photo. He was charged that morning with inciting a riot, disorderly conduct, harassment and possession of drug paraphernalia

No. The guy (Steven Nelson Lopez) was definitely one of the so called "protestors".

Back