My DIL's Twin Hospitalized With COVID, My Honorary Son Has It Too!

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
My son called me to tell me that his sister-in-law "S" who got COVID about a week ago, had to be intubated today! It is thought that she probably got it from my second oldest grandson and his GF who have been in constant close contact with her since my DIL died a month ago. I don't think COVID did my grandson too badly. Lord I hope "S" doesn't die too! I don't even want to think about how her children, grandchild, my grandsons and the rest of her family (my extended family) will be affected! They are as tight knit as a family can get. I texted a couple of my close friends and my honorary son (HS) to ask them to pray for her and asked each of them how they were doing. My HS texted me back saying he has COVID but is doing fine. When he and his fiancee visited me during the Thanksgiving holiday, he told me they were both fully vaccinated.

I'm not sure about "S's" vaccination status. She, my DIL and her sisters all have (had) autoimmune diseases. One of the sisters died years ago. Another who is also a twin, was told not to get vaccinated because she has some strange autoimmune disease that could cause an allergy to anything at any time. She wound up getting COVID but was only hospitalized for a couple of days, no ventilator needed. My DIL hadn't been vaccinated but when she invited me to go to their Thanksgiving party, which was being held at a hall (eg; many attending), she told me her sisters and the rest of the family got their shots. Both of us wound up staying home.

My HS and his fiancee live in Florida and had invited me to visit them when they were here. Ironically, I was planning to take the trip next week and decided I'd get a roomette on Amtrak to reduce the possibility of being exposed to Omicron. After hearing how easily that variant spreads, I've decided to postpone my trip. I'm asking those of you who are praying people, to please pray for them, especially "S". She has other underlying conditions that will probably make this very bad for her. If you are not a praying person, please send up positive vibes.. Thank you❣️

Last edited:
My son called me to tell me that his sister-in-law "S" who got COVID about a week ago, had to be intubated today! It is thought that she probably got it from my second oldest grandson and his GF who have been in constant close contact with her since my DIL died a month ago. I don't think COVID did my grandson too badly. Lord I hope "S" doesn't die too! I don't even want to think about how her children, grandchild, my grandsons and the rest of her family (my extended family) will be affected! They are as tight knit as a family can get. I texted a couple of my close friends and my honorary son (HS) to ask them to pray for her and asked how each of them was doing. My HS texted me back saying he has COVID but is doing fine. When he and his fiancee visited me during the Thanksgiving holiday, he told me they were both fully vaccinated.

I'm not sure about "S's" vaccination status. She, my DIL and her sisters all have (had) autoimmune diseases. One of the sisters died years ago. Another who is also a twin, was told not to get vaccinated because she has some strange autoimmune disease that could cause an allergy to anything at any time. She wound up getting COVID but was only hospitalized for a couple of days, no ventilator needed. My DIL hadn't been vaccinated but when she invited me to go to their Thanksgiving party, which was being held at a hall (eg; many attending), she told me her sisters and the rest of the family got their shots. Both of us wound up staying home.

My HS and his fiancee live in Florida and had invited me to visit them when they were here. Ironically, I was planning to take the trip next week and decided I'd get a roomette on Amtrak to reduce the possibility of being exposed to Omicron. After hearing how easily that variant spreads, I cancelled my trip. I'm asking those of you who are praying people, to please pray for them, especially "S". She has other underlying conditions that will probably make this very bad for her. If you are not a praying person, please send up positive vibes.. Thank you❣️

She will be in my prayers and the whole family. I am sorry you are worrying. But I would too. Prayers for all.🙏

My son called me to tell me that his sister-in-law "S" who got COVID about a week ago, had to be intubated today! It is thought that she probably got it from my second oldest grandson and his GF who have been in constant close contact with her since my DIL died a month ago. I don't think COVID did my grandson too badly. Lord I hope "S" doesn't die too! I don't even want to think about how her children, grandchild, my grandsons and the rest of her family (my extended family) will be affected! They are as tight knit as a family can get. I texted a couple of my close friends and my honorary son (HS) to ask them to pray for her and asked how each of them was doing. My HS texted me back saying he has COVID but is doing fine. When he and his fiancee visited me during the Thanksgiving holiday, he told me they were both fully vaccinated.

My HS and his fiancee live in Florida and had invited me to visit them when they were here. Ironically, I was planning to take the trip next week and decided I'd get a roomette on Amtrak to reduce the possibility of being exposed to Omicron. After hearing how easily that variant spreads, I cancelled my trip. I'm asking those of you who are praying people, to please pray for them, especially "S". She has other underlying conditions that will probably make this very bad for her. If you are not a praying person, please send up positive vibes.. Thank you❣️
My thoughts and deepest prayers are for all of you. Deepest hopes for all your recovery.

Oh dear OneEyedDiva, you really are having a rotten time just now,
at least when they are all better, your whole family will be immune.

I will say a little prayer and send some healing for you all.

Mike.

Last edited:
My prayers are sent for your family Diva.
iu

Back