My Favorite Bakery!

Baker Reading Diet Book, Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post Cover 1953
iu

Has to be the bakery inside my local Lidl. Their croissants are buttery, flaky, huge and freshly made daily. I buy 6, whenever I've a coupon and we have one each with a lunch salad or a croissant sandwich. The rest I put in the freezer and just pop them in the microwave much less waste now.

They also have wonderful chocolate orange cream filled doughnuts. They freeze well too. Occasionally, they have mini-bread pretzels as well.

For breads, the sliced Rice Tiger Bloomer is divine and low priced out of Iceland Frozen Foods.

We did the mistake of ordering a fudge chocolate cake for our daughter's 18th birthday. The local bakery we used at the time, told us in the day, it would be 13.99 for the added Birthday message and the icing bunny rabbit. When hubby went to pick it up, they asked him 49.00 fir it and had put a Playboy bunny on it. That was the end of our visiting ever.

Healthy Bread Brands You Can Find In Any Grocery Store
intro-1640724158.webp

"Let's be honest, it can be very difficult shopping for nutritious foods. Take bread, for example. For one person gluten is a strict no-no. For someone else, fiber content is the most crucial line on a product's nutritional information panel. Yes, when it comes to breads, there's no one size fits all option. But that doesn't mean there aren't some guidelines to help you make the best choices to meet your individual health needs."

"Of course, a good starting point is checking if a brand uses tons of chemicals like artificial dyes in their breads. Other possible buzzwords and phrases to watch for include "organic," "non-GMO," "gluten-free," and "all natural." But as Consumer Reports points out, even a manufacturer that uses natural ingredients could have breads that are high in sodium or sugar. Plus, it's not uncommon for a particular food brand to have a diverse portfolio of products, some of which you might want as your go-to bread option, while others might not be the right choice for your health."

"So, no matter how you slice it (no pun intended), it's important to be a conscientious consumer and read food labels — not just when shopping for bread, but for all types of food. With that said, there are some brands in your local supermarket's bread aisle that stand out for their healthy product options."

Read More

AA1aiE0p.img

Coronation quiche official recipe​

The ingredients for the pastry are:

• 125g plain flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 25g cold butter, diced
  • 25g lard
  • 2 tablespoons milk

Alternatively, you can use one 250g block of ready made shortcut pastry.
For the filling, you will need:
  • 125ml milk
  • 175ml double cream
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
  • Salt and pepper
  • 100g grated cheddar cheese
  • 180g cooked spinach, lightly chopped
  • 60g cooked broad beans or soya beans

You can find the full recipe here.

Coronation quiche official recipe​

The ingredients for the pastry are:

• 125g plain flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 25g cold butter, diced
  • 25g lard
  • 2 tablespoons milk

Alternatively, you can use one 250g block of ready made shortcut pastry.
For the filling, you will need:
  • 125ml milk
  • 175ml double cream
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
  • Salt and pepper
  • 100g grated cheddar cheese
  • 180g cooked spinach, lightly chopped
  • 60g cooked broad beans or soya beans

You can find the full recipe here.
I don't think I have ever seen a Medium egg!

Healthy Bread Brands You Can Find In Any Grocery Store
intro-1640724158.webp

"Let's be honest, it can be very difficult shopping for nutritious foods. Take bread, for example. For one person gluten is a strict no-no. For someone else, fiber content is the most crucial line on a product's nutritional information panel. Yes, when it comes to breads, there's no one size fits all option. But that doesn't mean there aren't some guidelines to help you make the best choices to meet your individual health needs."

"Of course, a good starting point is checking if a brand uses tons of chemicals like artificial dyes in their breads. Other possible buzzwords and phrases to watch for include "organic," "non-GMO," "gluten-free," and "all natural." But as Consumer Reports points out, even a manufacturer that uses natural ingredients could have breads that are high in sodium or sugar. Plus, it's not uncommon for a particular food brand to have a diverse portfolio of products, some of which you might want as your go-to bread option, while others might not be the right choice for your health."

"So, no matter how you slice it (no pun intended), it's important to be a conscientious consumer and read food labels — not just when shopping for bread, but for all types of food. With that said, there are some brands in your local supermarket's bread aisle that stand out for their healthy product options."

Read More
I looked up Ezekiel 4:9. Interesting to say the least!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ezekiel-4-9-bread-name_n_5bb67559e4b01470d04fda8f

Back