New Facebook

At one point they had one version where when you typed in the message box the font was constantly moving. Hated that one.

I don't like the new version of Facebook. I stop in there often to read family and friends posts. I am propably going to cancel facebook. Why change something that isn't broke ! :mad:
I only go there to look at content about animals, and avoid politics and stupid nonsense.
Agree with your last comment.

Other than actual friends, I read the local groups. You learn things that are happening around town that you’d never know about. Also, you can see the character of some people. It’s downright shocking. I never post on these groups, they’re strictly for local information.

My FB is still in the classic mode. You can set your FB up to your own taste. If you don't like what some of your friends' post just hide them or don't follow them. Then it will not show up in your newsfeed. I also have someone who makes snotty remarks on my posts there so now she can't see any of my posts. I have to keep her as a friend for reasons I won't go into here. I belong to some groups there that I really enjoy and I have connected with so many friends and family. Some I thought I'd never ever talk to again. I don't want to lose those connections.

Try the free browser extension FB Purity>

Purity is a Facebook customizing browser extension. It alters your view of Facebook to show only relevant information to you. It lets you remove the annoying and irrelevant posts from your newsfeeds such as game and application spam, ads, and sponsored posts. It can also hide the boxes you don't want to see on each side of the newsfeed

Get it here.

facebook purity will block ads and change some annoying settings or let you block annoying settings/features of facebook, but it wont change the facebook look back to the old look when they force the new look on everyone.

this extension will let you go back to the classic facebook look... made by the same guy that made fb purity.. https://revertsite.com/

facebook purity will block ads and change some annoying settings or let you block annoying settings/features of facebook, but it wont change the facebook look back to the old look when they force the new look on everyone.

this extension will let you go back to the classic facebook look... made by the same guy that made fb purity.. https://revertsite.com/
Good tip thanks!!

I'm surprised..it doesnt bother me that much. What I do like is that you can see who's on fb when you are, or how long they've been offline.

What does bother me is the powers that be always wanting me to change my email format, or change to this new 'Edge'
layout or whatever. Not happening!

I'm still able to change back to the old FB via settings. I hope they leave it that way so we'll have a choice. But every other time I login, the message about the new FB replacing the old pops up.

That's what is happening with me to but like you, I switch it back to the Classic view and then they want to know why. I tell them. Sometimes it's "I don't like the new version" and other times it's, "We should have a choice" or "I can't find anything". I'm hoping they do leave us a choice.

I dont like it either.
The guy has made millions, possibly billions off of us. But when I needed help to see what was wrong with my account they couldn't be bothered to help. I would like to be in contact with friends and find those I've lost touch with, but if they want they can find me by doing an online search.

A lot of our Members complained when SF changed format and here we are doing fine...I don't like the FB change but I probably will stay and get used to it..For what its worth, I complained to FB..

That's what is happening with me to but like you, I switch it back to the Classic view and then they want to know why. I tell them. Sometimes it's "I don't like the new version" and other times it's, "We should have a choice" or "I can't find anything". I'm hoping they do leave us a choice.
Wouldn't you know...as soon as I posted that I could switch back...went on FB and wasn't able to do it ! :mad: I responded to their prompt for feedback a couple of times. Don't like it...not as user friendly...give us a choice.

Wouldn't you know...as soon as I posted that I could switch back...went on FB and wasn't able to do it ! :mad: I responded to their prompt for feedback a couple of times. Don't like it...not as user friendly...give us a choice.

The same thing happened with me yesterday. It was working like I wanted it to but in just an hour or so, I went back on and it was the new layout and I didn't have a choice to go back to the Classic and I still don't today. I tried FB Purity and Revertsite extensions in Opera browser but they didn't work. I tried the Old Layout for Facebook extension in my Opera browser and it works. The other extensions works in Chrome.

The same thing happened with me yesterday. It was working like I wanted it to but in just an hour or so, I went back on and it was the new layout and I didn't have a choice to go back to the Classic and I still don't today. I tried FB Purity and Revertsite extensions in Opera browser but they didn't work. I tried the Old Layout for Facebook extension in my Opera browser and it works. The other extensions works in Chrome.
Same here,I guess I will try to adapt... :(

Mine has not changed back yet. FP seems to be working for me so far. I have Chrome for my browser and Ubuntu for my OS. I like it even better since I don't have to see so much stuff on my news feed. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can continue this way.

One thing I really like about the new FB is the "Most Recent" link in the left sidebar. Before, it took a bit of doing to get to the hidden button.

Last edited:

Back