Nothing Beats Marriage

So the man brings home the bacon and the woman looks after the household. It was the stay-at-home Moms that used to run/ manage the community.

Now THAT was power baby, despite what the Uber-feminists will tell you...that you wasted your life only raising your children.
When a man does that, I can tell you first-hand, he doesn't ever hear the word "power."

I may have mentioned this before, but my beloved niece passed away in 2016 at age 58. Her husband of 25 years was a bit older (Maybe 10 years?) She had been ill for several years but until the final year was getting along fine-until they could no longer afford the $14,000 copay for the drug that kept her (rare) cancer at bay. Anyway,my niece(her sister) ended up telling me that the day after her services,he sat down with their 5 kids,age 18-24,all in college,and told them they all had to move out-that he was putting the house on the market immediately. He then marrie a woman in less than three months.BUT,as it turned out,he had been seeing this woman for some time. She was from his church,in which he (they actually)were very involved. During the last year,he had made excuses about having to travel out of town for work. Wasn`t even home when D passed. My niece was much loved in her church-I often wonder what people there thought about it all.

This all really blew their family apart. Their eldest son completely "divorced" himself from the family. The second son,who was especially close to his mom,ended up with mental issues and then drug issues. He is better now-finished ollege and is teaching English in high school. Two daughters,sisters whom they adopted,ended up going back to the family from whom they were removed years ago. Abusive,horrible people. One had a baby,but the father ended up with ustody and I have no idea where she is. The other lives in Europe and is either a model or God-knows-what.

When he met my niece,he was (supposedly) newly divorced with 6 children. Never once did I ever hear of him having any relationship with any of those children. Makes me wonder....

I think she meant 'useless' - a bicycle would obviously be of no use to a fish - although I might have missed something too 🤷‍♀️ :)

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."

Thanks for trying to explain this to me. It went right over my head for some reason.

So...she means a woman without a man is useless? That doesn't sound right. Maybe she meant it the other way around. A man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle. Either way, it's a confusing statement. overhead.jpg

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."

Thanks for trying to explain this to me. It went right over my head for some reason.

So...she means a woman without a man is useless? That doesn't sound right. Maybe she meant it the other way around. A man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle. Either way, it's a confusing statement. View attachment 273596

Yes, I was thinking along different lines but reading it again, I think she might have meant that a modern woman has no need of a man in the same way that a fish has no need of a bicycle. :unsure: I can't make my mind up whether it is a clever comparison or a silly one :)

My wife passed last December. We were married 63 years. I do miss her. Don't know what comes next at age 89.
My goodness . 63 years together, that's like losing a whole half of yourself... You must find it difficult to live each day without her , unable to tell her things, used to doing things together, having someone who understands you, and of course loves you..and for you to love... I'm so sorry Manatee.. :( ...you may think 89 is too old to start anything new, but it may be a good idea to take up a new hobby something you may not have ever considered before..

Rick and I met when we were both in our 40s. He had been married before, this was my first. For the most part we were happy. Ups and downs, as with all relationships. We Married in 2001, He died in 2019. I am glad I married him. Would I marry again? No.
Been there, done that...and at 69 I am happy with my status in life. Have good friends,,,,enjoy where I live. content

Nothing beats marriage?

My grandfather lost his wife when she was 57 y/o. He quickly married a woman who was 20 years his junior. She was a young widow. She was an absolute saint who hosted holidays at their house and bent over backwards to accommodate the extended family.

He ordered her around like she was some sort of slave and she was happy to oblige. When he became bedridden in his 90's and had to be fed through a feeding tube, she waited on him hand and foot. I used to hear him shout her name from the bedroom until she came to take care of him.

I have never understood why their marriage worked. My grandfather was always difficult, but he became more so when he married his second wife. I'm sure she must have truly loved him, but why any woman would up with that is beyond me. He was by no means wealthy, so it wasn't about the money. Is it co-dependence or did she just have such low self-esteem that she would do anything to please?

Back