Now that were seniors, what do think "Wisdom" is?

Knowledge is knowing that Aunt Marg felt hurt and vulnerable, wisdom is knowing that she can't be coaxed back, best learn the lesson before other valued members leave through similar circumstances.
Excellent advice. Sadly, Ruthanne, Marci, Asp, and other valued members have already left, either as a result of personal attacks, or the unpleasant atmosphere which permeated the site. Hopefully, learning has taken place.

Wisdom, I guess is a composite of all the above answers and it is also learning from our mistakes. I learned that everytime I made a mistake I never did it again. We teach our children that there are choices in life and when a wrong one is made, the wise child never makes it again. It is also the ability to think logically and pass on our thoughts without preaching. And, above all, it is introspection of what has transpired in years past and still have the ability to love ourselves and others despite the bumps in the road.

I was once described as a "wisdom figure" at my workplace. It referred to my years of service and experience in many different roles and my willingness to nurture younger members of staff.

I have been out of the workplace for more than 25 years and now wisdom involves me stepping back and letting my grandchildren get on with their lives with my full support but without delivering any little homilies. They know they are secure in my love and I know that I am loved by each one of them. My wisdom manifests in love and trust. I have learned that these two qualities are the sure foundations of all human relationships. To grow love and trust in others we must risk loving and trusting even though we may be hurt as a consequence. To be fully alive, and to help others to live fully, we must accept the painfulness of life and keep on living. This is my wisdom at this point in my life.

Wisdom is a term used to describe an accumulation of acquired knowledge and understanding. What happens to what have we learned after life as it is know? Is wisdom stored in a bank for future use? Who is in charge of wisdom?
Is wisdom like a grant that must used for further endorsements?
Is wisdom universal, everyone has some degree of wisdom.
Is wisdom simply a network of memories? Memory is the major component for wisdom. However, wisdom is learned skills acquired through living by observation and trail/error. Wisdom is knowing by experience applied to daily living skills.

Now that were seniors, what do think "Wisdom" is?​

Interesting replies
Most are obvious

Get old enough, some wisdom is garnered

I've always lived in the future....missed some things

When living in the mountains, I learned one important facet of wisdom

...and put some words to a favorite pic of mine;

View attachment 175251
Beautiful! What mountains do you live in? I'm at southern end of the Rockies in NM, the Jemez Ridge is my eastern horizon.

Only coming at this from the offspring's side (namely the daughter or stepdaughter of 5 elderly parents), but wisdom is knowing that, at least some of the time, not going gentle into that good night is making life a living hell for your offspring.

Only coming at this from the offspring's side (namely the daughter or stepdaughter of 5 elderly parents), but wisdom is knowing that, at least some of the time, not going gentle into that good night is making life a living hell for your offspring.
When my time comes I shall accept the inevitable. I will enter into that good night gently, with gratitude for the life I was given. I do not wish to live forever. That is my decision and my wisdom.

I missed the particulars of what happened. Didn't Aunt Marg just become a moderator?
Sorry Nathan, I too missed whatever it was, but as Shalimar pointed out, Ruthanne, Marci, Asp, and other valued members have also left.
Aunt Marg loved this forum so I know that she is feeling the loss of her friends here, as much as we are missing her and the others.

To you all who have left please look in from time to time, no need to post, just stop by to keep up with our musings. You are all cherished and sadly missed. The loss of those members teaches us all a lesson. Remember this, if you are verbally attacked on here, ignore it. You don't have to attend every argument that you are invited to. Remember also, you can't start a fight in an empty room, although there's some that I know who could give it a good go.

Sorry Nathan, I too missed whatever it was, but as Shalimar pointed out, Ruthanne, Marci, Asp, and other valued members have also left.
Aunt Marg loved this forum so I know that she is feeling the loss of her friends here, as much as we are missing her and the others.

To you all who have left please look in from time to time, no need to post, just stop by to keep up with our musings. You are all cherished and sadly missed. The loss of those members teaches us all a lesson. Remember this, if you are verbally attacked on here, ignore it. You don't have to attend every argument that you are invited to. Remember also, you can't start a fight in an empty room, although there's some that I know who could give it a good go.
Asp left because he was bored with the content... Ruthanne has not left...I just had a Pm from her a couple or 3 days ago...

Things get so exaggerated on this forum.. always from the same people as well....

All forums have a never ending revolution of members.. that's the way of forums..

I've been attacked on several occasions, and had trouble caused for me behind the scenes by people who are crying and sobbing over the departure of AM... so hypocrites aplenty here

In case nobody tells you, you are awesome for all that you do. Seriously!
This is one of my worries. My daughter has enough to do dealing with juggling everything her busy life gives her.

Asp left because he was bored with the content... Ruthanne has not left...I just had a Pm from her a couple or 3 days ago...

Things get so exaggerated on this forum.. always from the same people as well....

All forums have a never ending revolution of members.. that's the way of forums..

I've been attacked on several occasions, and had trouble caused for me behind the scenes by people who are crying and sobbing over the departure of AM... so hypocrites aplenty here
Holly, I am still a newbie, both to this forum and to posting publicly in general. But what I see, or perhaps perceive is that with forums we only have the written word to communicate. In life, when we make a faux pas, say something out of order or upset someone unintentionally, we apologise with much more than words. It may be a raised hand palm as an acknowledging gesture of apology, sometimes we use a facial expression and on other occasions it might be some other sort of body language or subtle nuance. None of which is helpful when you only have the written word. That's why I suggest ignoring a confrontational style post.

Sorry that you have been on the wrong end of verbal abuse, so glad that you decided to stick around.

Back