People Here Shocked About Us Moving

Not that this is true in every situation, but a good majority of the time whenever people react negatively to something you deem as being positive for you, it's because of jealousy. A reaction of "shock" is a mostly negative one by definition. In this case I would bet that the "shocked" reaction from some of these people is more of a "Who are you to leave us" or "oh, you're too good to live here with us" reaction, but they can't actually say that without looking silly and selfish. Just my two cents.

Not that this is true in every situation, but a good majority of the time whenever people react negatively to something you deem as being positive for you, it's because of jealousy. A reaction of "shock" is a mostly negative one by definition. In this case I would bet that the "shocked" reaction from some of these people is more of a "Who are you to leave us" or "oh, you're too good to live here with us" reaction, but they can't actually say that without looking silly and selfish. Just my two cents.

That is so true...

I kinda gotta agree Cody...you've told this story over and over again...and I don't know why you continue to care what anyone else thinks.. You need to put more energy into finding a place to move to tbh ..and just do it, and not give a Rats behind what anybody else thinks ...especially people you barely know !!

Holly, I simply like getting people reactions on different things, whether it's online or in person. You don't have my type of personality, so you, and some others, wonder why I keep asking the question "what do you think?". There are times when people do, and should, care about what others think. There are those that wouldn't think of living in a small town, because they are very private people. Wife and I like making friends, but, due to the amount of crime here and large population, that just doesn't happen. To us, the area is full of "uppity-clickish" type people. We even found this out going to a local church here.

As far as finding a place to move to, we sort of have that figured out. Taking a trip this summer to the area this summer to confirm if it is "the place".

Sometimes people don't understand why others do what they do. Fortunately, my wife understands.

I'm not religious but there's good reason why jealousy/envy is one of the deadly sins.

One thing I'm really sure of, 99% people here are even the slightest jealous or envious of us moving out of here. Most seriously can't understand why anyone would want to leave Florida or even Jacksonville. Many here look much more at their paychecks (salaries) and the "no snow/ice here" than they do at anything else here. There are some companies here that pay very nice salaries. A lot of people here in Jacksonville and a lot of Florida, made the decision to move here because they got totally sick of winter snow/ice. Most boaters that moved here never boated on freshwater lakes, because they came saltwater coastal areas of the eastern seaboard.

It really seems like nobody that lives in Florida came here from any state in the Plains or Rocky Mountain areas. They have pretty much no knowledge of those states or what they are like, except for winters. They simply can't understand why anyone would want to leave Florida and go back to a winter area.

Holly, I simply like getting people reactions on different things, whether it's online or in person. You don't have my type of personality, so you, and some others, wonder why I keep asking the question "what do you think?". There are times when people do, and should, care about what others think. There are those that wouldn't think of living in a small town, because they are very private people. Wife and I like making friends, but, due to the amount of crime here and large population, that just doesn't happen. To us, the area is full of "uppity-clickish" type people. We even found this out going to a local church here.

As far as finding a place to move to, we sort of have that figured out. Taking a trip this summer to the area this summer to confirm if it is "the place".

Sometimes people don't understand why others do what they do. Fortunately, my wife understands.

Ok, so you have no friends, and you don't get along with the church congregation, so who are these people who are shocked at you moving Cody?.. Strangers?..random people you tell in the supermarket?..who exactly?...You've posted this many times on this and other forums, and you get the same response every time, so we know you want to move we know you think people are 'shocked'..what else do you want us to say in response to this?

I understand you dislike Florida, we know that..but you've stated also many times that you live in a part of Florida which doesn't have nice weather and you don't like the people or your neighbours or the crime ridden area you live in...we've heard it, we know it, we feel for you living in a place you dislike so much, but there's nothing we can say or do any more that will help you... except for you to get online, find some Estate agents, and get ready to move out!!

Ok, so you have no friends, and you don't get along with the church congregation, so who are these people who are shocked at you moving Cody?.. Strangers?..random people you tell in the supermarket?..who exactly?...You've posted this many times on this and other forums, and you get the same response every time, so we know you want to move we know you think people are 'shocked'..what else do you want us to say in response to this?

I understand you dislike Florida, we know that..but you've stated also many times that you live in a part of Florida which doesn't have nice weather and you don't like the people or your neighbours or the crime ridden area you live in...we've heard it, we know it, we feel for you living in a place you dislike so much, but there's nothing we can say or do any more that will help you... except for you to get online, find some Estate agents, and get ready to move out!!

I guess I just don’t get why it seems like you are getting upset with my Thread. Forums are to ask and make statements about things and that’s exactly what I doing in this one. Yes, I’ve done the same Thread in another forum (not “many” others, just two).

We don’t hate Florida or the people here, it just turned out that it doesn’t suit us like we thought it would. Heck, I’ve read your complaints about the cold and rainy weather there where you live.

Anyway, we don’t need a Realitor since we won’t be buying a house.

Just please lighten up on me. Only asking for people’s opinions.....different folks that are not a part of the other forum.

I guess I just don’t get why it seems like you are getting upset with my Thread. Forums are to ask and make statements about things and that’s exactly what I doing in this one. Yes, I’ve done the same Thread in another forum (not “many” others, just two).

We don’t hate Florida or the people here, it just turned out that it doesn’t suit us like we thought it would. Heck, I’ve read your complaints about the cold and rainy weather there where you live.

Anyway, we don’t need a Realitor since we won’t be buying a house.

Just please lighten up on me. Only asking for people’s opinions.....different folks that are not a part of the other forum.

Oops Cody, I gave you a rep by mistake. The "well said" was meant for Holly.

Its just not the other forum that you post this on but you've posted this same thing on HERE quite a few times.

Ok, so you have no friends, and you don't get along with the church congregation, so who are these people who are shocked at you moving Cody?.. Strangers?..random people you tell in the supermarket?..who exactly?...

:lofl:

CR, I don't think HD is upset.....maybe just perplexed as to what it is you're looking for.

Also, perhaps "shocked" is too strong a word. I didn't realize you had posted the problem elsewhere. Are you expecting different suggestions/solutions?

:lofl:

CR, I don't think HD is upset.....maybe just perplexed as to what it is you're looking for.

Also, perhaps "shocked" is too strong a word. I didn't realize you had posted the problem elsewhere. Are you expecting different suggestions/solutions?

Actually there is no problem. My Thread was just a curiosity - asking “what do you think?”

I have mentioned our move in other threads on both forums, but only have one thread on each forum totally directed towards what people here think about someone leaving here, but more precisely, what they think of people moving back to a snow area.

I agree with CC and AC...I'm not upset Cody...I just wonder why you feel the need to post the same thing so many times on a few forums..once or twice fine, but to keep repeating yourself, I have no idea what you want us to say to you any more..

Let’s put it this way, the way a person replied to a thread in this forum and the other:

“If you come across a thread that you don’t like, for whatever reason, DON’T reply to it!”

Makes sense to me and I’ve done that a few times. I just totally ignored the thread.

So there!😊😉

I agree with CC and AC...I'm not upset Cody...I just wonder why you feel the need to post the same thing so many times on a few forums..once or twice fine, but to keep repeating yourself, I have no idea what you want us to say to you any more..

Holly, there are different people in this forum and I’ve already read really good comments from them. Some comments that I didn’t get on the other forum.

Now, can we let others state their feelings?

I read somewhere that Florida is the sinkhole capital of the world. I went to visit my friend in southwest Fla. at the beginning of June one year. When I walked out of the airport...that hot air went "Whompf" and hit me upside my head. That's how it felt. I can sure understand not wanting to live in Fla during the summertime. But I wouldn't want to live in Colorado during the winter. I need to be near the ocean from time to time. Jersey gets cold too but I was born and raised here so I'm somewhat used to it. Still wouldn't mind living in a warmer climate though. Wherever makes you happy is where you should be. Damn what others think.

My husband and I just moved from where we lived from when we were married 50yrs ago. Some of the neighbors told me we shouldn't move. I just answered with it's our choice and we are moving,and we did.

Never mind ClassicRockr/Cody, there will always be relative newbies (like me) to whom you are not repeating yourself.

We live in one of those places with a reputation (undeserved for the most part) as being somehow inferior to other places. When we decided to move here everyone asked: "Why?" I thought that was rather rude and unnecessary, but funnily enough now when I meet people who have recently moved here from more 'acceptable' places, I find myself asking them the same question. Not that I dislike it here, I don't, but I do realise it's limitations, hotter in summer, colder in winter, so I do wonder. It's a genuine question, not a put-down.

Some are following the work, (large airforce base), some are returning to their roots, but in most cases (including ours) it comes down to cost. Housing is cheaper. There are veritable mansions here that can be picked up for a whole lot less than what they would go for elsewhere.

Kind of hard for anyone (who actually gives a s--t) to say whether someone moving is good or bad. Most folks probably haven't lived in either place. I've passed through N. Florida a few times and never been near Colorado. I couldn't make an intelligent guess which place would be a better for a to live, or neither for that matter.

For our money, home is where our family is, or at least the vast majority of them. As always, JMHO.

We live in Pennsylvania in the summer and Florida in the winter. We do come back to PA for the holidays. For us, we have the best of both worlds. BTW, I used to fly into Denver in the winter. Never had any weather issues. It’s nothing like Chicago in the winter. I took off from O’Hare just before the airport was closed in near blizzard conditions. You could have heard a pin drop in the cabin. I think all my passengers were praying with their rosary beads in hand. The flight attendants told me that the lavatory lines were very long shortly after the seat belt sign was turned off. We had 225 souls on-board flying non stop to Miami. We left Chicago in 18 degree weather and arrived in Miami in sunny and 75 degrees.

I have found that many older people from the north cannot afford to maintain two homes in different states, so they choose the lesser of the two evils and make Florida their home. Older people in Florida do the same as older people that live in Phoenix in the summer. They stay indoors. If I am in Florida in the summer, you will find me at the pool or the beach, most of the time.

Funny, but there are a lot of people in Colorado, and states surrounding it, that would never consider moving to any part of Florida.

When we lived in Colorado, I worked for a Senior Healthcare company and I was really surprised at how many Seniors live in the Denver metro area.

After moving away from So Calif. and my wife’s family there 15 years ago, we made the choice not to return. IOW, not all families get along. We get along with them much better living states away from them. 99% of my family is now deceased.

We really miss the “Western” stuff Colorado and Wyoming has as well as the lakes, Elk and other things.

Phoenix and Vegas has high heat in the summer, Florida has the humidity and the Rocky Mountain and Plains States have the winters. Every state has weather that is good and bad.

Believe us, we are not fond of snow and ice, but to get the lifestyle we really like and miss......

Back