Reflections of My Life

I wasted my day yesterday, coloring and watching movies on Prime Video. I just had no energy to get moving. So today, I have stuff to do!

I spent some time writing out the January budget sheets for my son's and my budgets. I do that every month, so I know what I can spend and what needs to be paid. Writing it out by hand and having it near my computer so I can see it helps me a lot to not go over it or buy anything I did not put in the budget. I canceled my subscription to Ancestry for now. I do that from time to time. It is very expensive and yes, it is worth the money but that does not mean I can easily afford it. I will save for it in the future, but right now I have other things to work on. I can still go to my family tree just am limited on what I can see or do as far as the records go.

A couple of weeks ago, I reported someone on YouTube. I haven't heard back yet from them about it. I follow a woman's channel there. She is about my age and her channel is just about her life and living on Social Security. No politics or anything earth shattering. But for some reason another woman started a YouTube channel that is all about making fun of her. All the comments are mean and laughing at her. Very cruel! I can't understand why people are like this to others. Probably jealous.

One thing about the YouTubers is that their followers want to send them gifts and money whether they ask for it or not. They make money off the ads and are happy if you sit through the ads to help them. But you would be surprised the kind of gifts they receive! Anyway, this other woman is younger than the one I watch and she makes herself up to look like Glenda (the lady I watch) and her channel is like a SNL about another person. I consider it bullying. Someone, don't know if it was the same lady for sure or not, but think it may be, sent Glenda a box of rotten food through the mail from California! It stunk and was rotten before it was sent. She has reported this woman to the police but not much they can do, I guess.

I am thankful everyone on Senior Forums is so nice and if we don't agree with someone we just scroll pass it disagree nicely. Being mean to people online is easy for some since you are not face to face.

I was trying to follow the keto food plan but just not getting anywhere. I dug out my old Dr. Atkins book that was written in 1972 and read it once again. Now I have been following his plan as I have lost on it before and it was not difficult. It is not difficult now either. I joined a group on fb that is for Atkins 72 only and it helps. I can follow this through a Christmas meal tomorrow because I am not going to be tempted to eat any carbs, not even a teeny tiny taste. I see so many people who are on the keto diet and then have one or two cheat days. Well, if you do that.........you are starting at day one when you finish your cheat days. Dr. Atkins even mentioned that in his books.

So today is what I call my "Half Birthday" meaning I am now 68 and a half. When I was a teenager, that half was always important. Not so much now. lol But it is the date I have set for my goal date on a few things in my life.
Happy Half Birthday 🎂. Have you ever looked into the Dukin Diet? I loved being on that and lost quite a bit of weight. What I like most is he says you can have this and this and this, but don’t even THINK about having anything else! 😂. I like that. And the diet is in phases so more is added as you go from one phase to another

But for some reason another woman started a YouTube channel that is all about making fun of her. All the comments are mean and laughing at her. Very cruel! I can't understand why people are like this to others. Probably jealous.
It’s hard to fathom why some people are so petty.

It snowed here yesterday afternoon and evening. I was smart to have taken my trip to the dumpster when it was still clear. I don't like to get "Jazzy's" wheels wet. Then I did one load of laundry which was my sheets and I put them in the dryer too. I wish I could have done all my laundry as nobody else ever came in the laundry room at all. But I could not do it all in one day, did not have the strength after the other chores.

I managed to make my bed. It has become easier since I now have a plan on how to do it. I can do it faster now too. I vacuumed Rabbit's rug and the surrounding area. Hay was making a mess. After I did that I had to sit down as I felt dizzy or something. I didn't even empty the vacuum, which I must do today. I also cleaned out my bathroom closet and have some things to take to my storage area. I will be working on that also. I hope this week to do some work in there.

Well it turns out when the manager told me my rent went down due to the utility allowance she meant to tell me it went up! So today I have to get a money order for $31 for the difference. She is an airhead for sure. I certainly miss our old manager. She was really good and she knew all of us. This one, not at all. Sonny is taking me to the store and to get the money order. I needed to get the one for next month anyway. I always get the money order for the next month in advance so I can pay it exactly on the first.

Today I will be ordering my second Misfits Market box. I used all the produce I got from them in the last box. What was left, I used yesterday in a vegetable soup I made. It has no meat in it but has beef broth. It came out good. I put the red radishes in it and they came out good. I will probably get more of those since they can be used in place of potatoes on a low carb food plan.

I am making progress in cleaning out the storage area. But now I am at a stopping point until Sonny can drive me to Binghamton so I can give my books and some other things to my friend who wants them. And clothing to the thrift store. Then I have to work on all those Christmas decorations. I am excited about cleaning it out. Some people have so much stuff piled in boxes in their area that I wonder how they ever find what they are looking for. Not going to be me.

My refrigerator was leaking water under the crisper. So the maintenance man came to fix it. He worked on it a bit. He was amazed that it was 25 years old. I didn't know that. It comes with the apartment. He said to let him know if it stops leaking water or not. It did not. I left a note for him this morning in his office. He came up a little later to tell me he ordered a brand new refrigerator from Lowes for me! It will be delivered Friday and they will set it all up for me. I am so excited! I thought if they had to replace it they would get a used one. It is bigger than this one, he said they don't make them this small any longer. I had to move my sliding shelf thing. I put it behind my dresser which is still right next to the kitchen. I need the shelves but I am happy to be getting a new refrigerator. And now I am not so bummed out about my rent going up $10. It will probably go up again after they re-certify me in March.

what's that mean...recertify you?
I live in a senior housing apartment complex, (for disabled people as well) and the rent is based on your income and bills and medical expenses. Every year you are re-certified to make sure you still qualify. Sometimes your rent will go down due to expenses (or go up if you get more income).

I live in a senior housing apartment complex, (for disabled people as well) and the rent is based on your income and bills and medical expenses. Every year you are re-certified to make sure you still qualify. Sometimes your rent will go down due to expenses (or go up if you get more income).
That's what they used to do in my HUD apt. As well as the cleaning inspections. They did ours monthly so that when HUD came everything was kosher. Good luck!!

beautiful_girl.jpg

Nikita Blackwolf Lupole January 7, 1998- February 18, 2013
My precious little girl, my only dog after I grew up, is celebrating her birthday in Heaven today. She is waiting for me and I look forward to being with her again. She was so smart and I used to talk to her constantly. I sometimes feel her near me. I kept telling her that after she was gone, I was going to move from there and I did.

That's what they used to do in my HUD apt. As well as the cleaning inspections. They did ours monthly so that when HUD came everything was kosher. Good luck!!
They don't bother us much with inspections unless they are checking to see if you need any repairs. Of course, when they come in to fix something they would see if you had a dirty apartment. Recently they came in to check our electrical stuff and inspection which they had never done before. New manager. So two apartments did not pass due to cleanliness and had two weeks to get their apartments to pass. One had a dog, an old dog and he had to replace the carpeting in his apartment. He has since re-homed his dog to a good home in the country with another dog. Better for the dog.

They don't bother us much with inspections unless they are checking to see if you need any repairs. Of course, when they come in to fix something they would see if you had a dirty apartment. Recently they came in to check our electrical stuff and inspection which they had never done before. New manager. So two apartments did not pass due to cleanliness and had two weeks to get their apartments to pass. One had a dog, an old dog and he had to replace the carpeting in his apartment. He has since re-homed his dog to a good home in the country with another dog. Better for the dog.
That carpet isn't cheap either.

Somebody in my building was doing me a favor by collecting the leftover Pennysavers from the rack downstairs in the lobby and putting them outside my door. At first, I appreciated them. I use them for Rabbit's cage. One time it was about 6. The next week it was about 20! I didn't know who was leaving them, but it was way too many. I have one rabbit and clean his cage daily but sometimes I only have to change the top layer of paper. So I don't need that many. My other neighbor has been giving me newspapers right along from her papers. I mentioned to my friend downstairs about all those papers and that I had no place to store them and I keep getting more outside my door. She knew who it was and told him I had too many so now he stopped. I found out who it was, the guy across the hall.

So today and yesterday too, I have been taking the papers I have and put them in empty plastic totes downstairs in my storage area. No more worrying about not having any.

I wasted my day yesterday, coloring and watching movies on Prime Video. I just had no energy to get moving. So today, I have stuff to do!

I spent some time writing out the January budget sheets for my son's and my budgets. I do that every month, so I know what I can spend and what needs to be paid. Writing it out by hand and having it near my computer so I can see it helps me a lot to not go over it or buy anything I did not put in the budget. I canceled my subscription to Ancestry for now. I do that from time to time. It is very expensive and yes, it is worth the money but that does not mean I can easily afford it. I will save for it in the future, but right now I have other things to work on. I can still go to my family tree just am limited on what I can see or do as far as the records go.

A couple of weeks ago, I reported someone on YouTube. I haven't heard back yet from them about it. I follow a woman's channel there. She is about my age and her channel is just about her life and living on Social Security. No politics or anything earth shattering. But for some reason another woman started a YouTube channel that is all about making fun of her. All the comments are mean and laughing at her. Very cruel! I can't understand why people are like this to others. Probably jealous.

One thing about the YouTubers is that their followers want to send them gifts and money whether they ask for it or not. They make money off the ads and are happy if you sit through the ads to help them. But you would be surprised the kind of gifts they receive! Anyway, this other woman is younger than the one I watch and she makes herself up to look like Glenda (the lady I watch) and her channel is like a SNL about another person. I consider it bullying. Someone, don't know if it was the same lady for sure or not, but think it may be, sent Glenda a box of rotten food through the mail from California! It stunk and was rotten before it was sent. She has reported this woman to the police but not much they can do, I guess.

I am thankful everyone on Senior Forums is so nice and if we don't agree with someone we just scroll pass it disagree nicely. Being mean to people online is easy for some since you are not face to face.
I only take ancestry when it is on sale. It usually is the cheapest around Christmas.

Happy Monday is finally here. For some reason, it has always been my favorite day of the week. And now that I do not work nor sell stuff online, it still is. I suppose it is just my habit.

I have not been following my low carb food plan at all. I am not going to worry about it right now. I have to eat soft or chopped up foods so not eating stuff like breads or things you have to bite into anyway. In the spring, I will have to go to a new dentist and see what can be done. What I am doing is having more fresh vegetables and fruits. Cooking enough to have some put away for more meals. Now that I have a bigger freezer I can do that more. My project for this week is to experiment with making homemade sherbet. The ones from the store are full of bad ingredients. Lately, I am not enjoying ice cream at all. Every time I have had it lately, it is too sweet or makes me wish I hadn't bought it.

I am excited to having started working on cleaning out my storage area. So far I have a bunch of stuff to donate or give to my friend. Have to tie Sonny down to a certain day of taking that stuff. I want to store extra supplies, like paper products, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent (just refill my jar that I keep it in from there), etc. down there and not take up the precious room in my closets or cupboards.

Rabbit never lies down to sleep like other rabbits. He usually lays on his side and I just realized writing this, that he always had his foot drawn up, ready to leap at any second..........I have not seen him doing that lately. Must be he finally trusts me to protect him! Anyway last night when I was watching videos and coloring, he was sleeping like other rabbits on his tummy. I saw he was stretched out with his leg stretched out and his other leg under him. I think that is the leg that was injured when my horse stepped on him. Maybe he can't stretch it out backwards like that. I will share my picture of him doing that here after I get it out of the camera and into my computer.

bacon_chaffles.jpg

Bacon and Chaffles. I used 3 eggs and about 2 oz. of cream cheese and almond extract and cinnamon. I did put maple syrup on them but just a little bit. Now this made way too many for me, so I put two thirds of that pile in a zip loc bag in the refrigerator. I am thinking I could use it for a hamburger bun too. They have a "eggy" taste.......well all eggs and cream cheese, so I expect that. I will have to work on it a bit.

View attachment 144373

Bacon and Chaffles. I used 3 eggs and about 2 oz. of cream cheese and almond extract and cinnamon. I did put maple syrup on them but just a little bit. Now this made way too many for me, so I put two thirds of that pile in a zip loc bag in the refrigerator. I am thinking I could use it for a hamburger bun too. They have a "eggy" taste.......well all eggs and cream cheese, so I expect that. I will have to work on it a bit.
They look yummy 😋

Can imagine how soft his fur must be.
Guess that was why I always wanted to pet the rabbits we had .
That is what everyone says when they pet him. They can't get over how soft he is. I have a friend who is a spinner and she had angora rabbits and one angora goat. She would spin their fur and then make hats and mittens from them. Very soft!

Back