Reflections of My Life

We are getting
Kat, did the aide come today? I know that I have a very, very tough time being "up" for 2 days in a row. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin ❤️
Thank you, Cathy.

No, she had car trouble. So she is coming tomorrow around 11.

I am liking being able to use the elevator again. Took my garbage out this morning and made me feel so free. I got it out before the snow came.

Kat, sorry...didn't you say the new Aide jjust lived down the street, and could get to you easily ?:unsure:
I did. She told me that the first day. She lives within walking distance actually. Called me twice to tell me her car doors were frozen and she had someone trying to get them open. The 2nd time she called and asked if she could come tomorrow (which is today now) instead. I said yes. I need her and she did a good job. I am skeptical now.

I did. She told me that the first day. She lives within walking distance actually. Called me twice to tell me her car doors were frozen and she had someone trying to get them open. The 2nd time she called and asked if she could come tomorrow (which is today now) instead. I said yes. I need her and she did a good job. I am skeptical now.
yes you see that's what I was thinking Kat... sadly. I mean if she does a good job it doesn;t matter where she lives.. but if she only lives up the street there's no reason for the frozen car to stop her going to work... I'm just afraid it;s yet another person who is going to let you down.. :(

yes you see that's what I was thinking Kat... sadly. I mean if she does a good job it doesn;t matter where she lives.. but if she only lives up the street there's no reason for the frozen car to stop her going to work... I'm just afraid it;s yet another person who is going to let you down.. :(
My first thoughts too when she called. It is so frustrating.

While you are correct @hollydolly it's still a crappy job. In rural communities there's not many opportunities.
Tell me about it, it's a rural area here... but you know Peps... not everyone thinks it's a crappy job.. a lot of people enjoy that type of work, .. I would be horrified if I was employing someone as a Home Aide, to think they hated the job... I would want someone who enjoys coming to my home..

Tell me about it, it's a rural area here... but you know Peps... not everyone thinks it's a crappy job.. a lot of people enjoy that type of work, .. I would be horrified if I was employing someone as a Home Aide, to think they hated the job... I would want someone who enjoys coming to my home..
Some of my friends here in this apartment building have aides who do an excellent job. My friend downstairs has had her aide for a long time now. She can send her to the bank for her and trusts her with her debit card to get money out for her. She goes to the store for her. Cleans, does her laundry (if she needs her to but usually does her own) and anything else that needs to be done. A few other people have really good aides too. Not sure what the secret is of getting one. But the good ones are usually booked up and have no spare time to take on new clients.

My friend did say she had others before that did not work out until she found the one she has now. Maybe it is something you have to go through. I think they like this type of work so they can work their own schedules and do a job independently. They just don't know the value of coming to work every day they are scheduled. I worked as one myself, both a home health aide and a personal care aide. It was a good second job whenever I needed more money.

I am not going to become complacent and depend on any aide. I was approved for fifteen hours and that seemed a lot to me. Lately I am having shoulder and arm pain so I was hopeful to think I would have help. Now I am doing some things to improve the pain that I have been watching on Brad & Bob's YouTube channel. It helped yesterday after only one time!

If I can find one that will come to work every day she is scheduled I will set her up for 3 days a week.....Mon. Wed. & Fri. Two hours. I am making a list of what to be done on each day.

I always write a list of what I am going to do each day and then cross it off as I do each thing. That is helpful for me and keeps my day busy. Otherwise, my day gets away from me and I don't get anything done. Dave Ramsey says it is important to write your goals down and the steps to get to each one. I have always done that and feel it is important.

Some of my goals were dental appointments and new glasses too. The dental office I go to is as bad as the aide situation. They cancel my appointments constantly. I have been trying since summer to get in to see the oral surgeon. One time I went all the way there and when I got there they cancelled my appointment! I had to cancel the one I had due to the elevator being out so now I am waiting a bit due to the snow season. I would have to cancel it if the roads were bad or closed.

Well, it must be a job she didn't really want to do. The aide called and said she was still at the Grand Union (her other job) and they made her stay over and would not let her use her phone until her break. I try to believe these people....I really do. Unfortunately deep down inside I picture her at home just getting up.

She wanted to come tomorrow. I told her wait till Monday. If she shows up I will give her work to do but I am not letting her work longer than two hours. Just see how many more days she calls in. I don't think she will last. It is so weird because my apartment is barely dirty. Very easy job. I am not sure but I think this agency pays them $15. an hour plus if they drive me or drive to do errands for me she gets paid by the mile too.

Problem is these aides (at least the ones I am getting) do not treat this as a serious job.

Well, remember I said I hadn't seen our new manager since she took my garbage out that day about two weeks ago? I hear she quit! I am not surprised. It is not a part time job. If the manager works only two days and has to manage this building and the one in Sherburne too, then there is not enough hours to do what she should be doing. Paper work. re-certifications, new tenant applications, not to mention the problems each of us are having (especially while the elevator was not working!!!). So all that and another building too.

Maybe if they did sell it that would be in our favor.........I hope.

I was so happy here and now it seems like it is not that great. I think life can be happy for a bit, then all of a sudden it starts going downhill. The key is to overcome it. So I have to think of what I can do to make some changes. I am doing that as fast as I can but everything takes time. From health issues to financial issues. Takes patience and time. Just holding on.

I didn't walk this morning. My walking partner was going through a bad time today so she couldn't walk. My shoulder needed to be babied a bit so I laid down and put my feet up after breakfast. It helps both my shoulder and my knees and feet. Just can't lay down for long periods of time in the middle of the day. Seems better tonight.

I did laundry. The last load had my bathrobe in it and the washer did not spin the water out. Just kept spinning. I rocked the washer a few times (I saw the maintenance man do that) and pretty soon it spun out and opened. Except everything was sopping wet.........had to bring it upstairs and hang on the rack and the robe on the shower chair inside the shower. When the water has dripped out tomorrow I will take it downstairs to dry. It was mostly towels and the one robe. I wanted to dry them in the dryer.

January always feels like the longest month. Just can't wait for it to end.

I have only loaded the dishwasher today. I started taking some new medicines a few days ago and I am trying to get adjusted. I have been trying to move around more but feel dizzy and like my muscles are'nt working right. I just looked one of the pills up and it can cause a loss of muscle tone, so that explains that. It is really helping with my my migraines and neck pain. I hope I will get used to it soon.

My washer does that sometimes if I have a heavy load. My machine has a cycle for an extra spin cycle. You might check when you go to the laundry room to see if there is that option on the washers. Seems we are all so happy when we start out get things done, something goes wrong and we have a mess to deal with.

I am hoping to at least sweep, vacuum today but does not look like that will happen. I hope you feel better, maybe you could take a short walk this evening.

Washing machines are supposed to make it easier to get laundry done, not more difficult! :confused:
Bringing wet, heavy items back and forth to the laundry room, is not easy, nor is hanging heavy things to dry, and inside small apartments like ours.

But I know that those (towels, and robe) were items you could not wash at all, when the elevator was not working, and you were hand-washing the necessary smaller items.
Myself I can physically only manage to hand-wash a very few items at a time. Nothing happens quickly around here!:giggle::geek:

I hope you adjust to those meds soon,
@Blessed
If not, check with doctor to see if you can take a much lower dose, at first, and then, increase more gradually, perhaps/?

Last edited:
I was so happy here and now it seems like it is not that great. I think life can be happy for a bit, then all of a sudden it starts going downhill. The key is to overcome it. So I have to think of what I can do to make some changes. I am doing that as fast as I can but everything takes time. From health issues to financial issues. Takes patience and time. Just holding on.
That's all so true.
Even small changes do make a difference, remember. And, yes, You are right, that it takes time, and it takes patience, and that sometimes we need to take breaks in between hopefully deciding on, and taking steps toward progress.

I think the washing load was just unbalanced. That shouldn't happen very often.

Spring is coming and you'll be happy with your cute apartment when you can open windows and see the park, trees and flowers. Thank goodness the elevator has been fixed.

Sorry the manager quit, but you were not surprised. You can still call that number for maintenance assistance, right? I don't think anyone would dare ignore your building now!

Cheer up. Bunny wants to play. :)

I am going to walk today for sure. Whether my friend does it with me or not. But I will try to get her to come. She is going through some stuff right now and instead of holing up in her apartment I think she needs to at least get out of it to walk. Too much stress is not good for anyone, let alone her. When we walk it gives her the chance to talk and that helps. We always end our walk with her coming in to see Rabbit for a bit. He comes right to her and will stand up in front of her and put his paws on her legs to get her attention. It makes her smile and laugh instantly. Does her good.

I am impressed with the usb water pump I bought for my water supply. From the time it was delivered to the day before yesterday, it did not need to be charged. I charged it overnight on Friday. I used 2 of those big water bottles which I believe are five gallon ones until it need charging. So much easier than the water dispenser. I am now thinking of getting rid of that. Maybe Sonny will take it back home. The pump makes it easier for me to take care of my own water after it is delivered. I think I will now cut back on the individual one gallon bottles. I was buying 3, now I will buy only 2 but also 2 of the big ones. I would rather order too much than too little.

Today I might order groceries using Instacart again. Not being able to use it for Walmart is weaning me from Walmart. Their own fault. I will compare prices with Price Chopper and Aldi's. There are some items I like from each store. Price Chopper always lures with me with the buy one get one free deals. If you eat high carbs, they have deals like buy one get two free. Not for me though. I have learned the hard way by recently eating some high carbs that made me physically sick. I felt horrible so now I just remind myself of that when or if I am tempted. Sticking to Keto Chow ice cream from now on. Besides I love eating a whole pint of KC ice cream and it being a whole meal that is really healthy for me. Nothing like the Ensure or Boost products that my FIL used to have to drink.

I did my walk this morning. It does put me in a better mood. Like if I do not do another thing all day, at least I walked 8 laps around the hall. When my friend and I finished and she came inside with me, Rabbit ran right to her. She loves that but felt bad she did not have any treats for him. So I gave her a piece of banana to give him. He doesn't usually get any more after the early morning treat. She fed it to him and he was very grateful. I am so glad he gave her something to laugh at.

Instacart order came within thirty minutes of me making the order out. One other thing that allows me to be more independent and that Sonny does not have to come all the way here. Next thing I will have to work on is figuring out how to do my son's money without going to his credit union. I hate the idea of switching from that one to the one in town. His is across the river and farther away. It was so much paper work since I am his representative payee.

Now I need to clean the bunny cage and then am thinking of making four batches of Keto Chow. Then it will be time to think about supper. The day goes by fast sometimes.

I am thinking I might sacrifice 6 eggs today so I can make more cornbread chaffles. Two batches to put in the freezer. I miss them and haven't been making them because of the price of eggs. So if it is something you like to eat I am thinking it is worth the cost. Chaffles originally were made with cheese and I don't use any cheese at all. This is the first food I can make that takes place of foods that use flour. Like bread, pancakes, waffles, cake, etc. I regret buying the Stuffler because it is more effort than I like. Chaffles on the Dash mini waffle maker is perfect. Easy to use and does not take up much space.

I have been watching for February first excitedly. In January I paid off the personal loan I brought with me when I moved here almost five years ago (in May). Now I will be paying off two other credit accounts this month. I tried to pay them off in January too but I was cutting myself too close to having no money for the month (January is too long for that!). I am an avid follower of Dave Ramsey and even though I have a very low income, I have been able to do the debt snowball method. Obviously, his whole baby sets plan is not for someone in my position because I can't earn any extra money living here.

One thing that got me in trouble was that I thought I could always get a job. I was always hired for whatever job I applied for and had confidence that would continue. Then when I started having trouble walking, nobody would hire me. There was no way I could take a CNA job, I knew that. But office work was something I had a lot of experience with. Especially in accounting offices. Of course, I was over 50. That was a disappointment to me so that was why I started selling online. In the end this is how I ended up. I watched some short YouTube videos my husband made recently and it looks like not much has changed there. So I am still very happy I left.

Why is keto so popular and continuing to spread if it is truly a Fad Diet?? If keto is dangerous then why are more and more doctors recommending it to their patients? If keto is so useless then why are so many scientists researching it for different conditions? Here are a few reasons why keto is giving the big-food companies a fit, and why it won't die.

If you believe the media and the government............then just look at the results of that way of eating. I am not trying to change your way of eating. Just writing about my own. I am used to people opposed to keto/low carbs and carnivore. It does not bother me. If you haven't researched it go to YouTube and watch the doctors reporting their results. Some doctors will always just stick with the SAD because it does not cure their patients.

Back