Sardines

Me too!

And I also like anchovies. I haven't had them in years, but I think I'm going pick up a can next time I'm at the grocery store. I used to always get anchovies on my Pizza. back in the day when I could eat Pizza without gaining 3 lbs every time I have it.
Trade, make this-
Pissaladière (Caramelized Onion & Anchovy Tart)

iu

I love all of them. Sardines, herring, smoked oysters, canned clams. And I too haven't thought about anchovies in a while and will pick them up. Just a very small amount on pizza is great. They can flavor a lot of dishes and sauces.
I like to get canned clam chowder and add a can of baby clams so its more clammy.

"Watch as Scott catalog new-issues editor Marty Frankevicz discusses the clever packaging for Portugal’s new set of six stamps honoring its fish-canning industry. "

Monday Morning Brief | Stamps in a sardine can

My Pappy immigrated from Greece, so he was the person that got me started eating sardines. My wife doesn’t like me eating them in the house, so I buy them only during the summer months so that I can enjoy them outside. I like mine in mustard sauce with crackers on the side, of course.

Sardines are a funny topic, and have been a boon to cartoonists around the world. I have never tried them. For me It is the road, not taken.;)
food-drink-sardine-fish-fishermen-fishing-anglers-mfln5140_low.jpg

Last edited:
Sardines are a regular part of my diet but I've switched brands from WalMart Great Value sardines in soybean oil to Season Brand sardines in olive oil....with skin and bones. I get 'em online from Amazon in 12 packs. They're wild caught Atlantic sardines and a product of Morocco. The can lids are a plastic foil that peel off fairly easily and there aren't any sharp edges that might cut one's fingers. OK, these are really crucial items of information eh? I'm off to cut dado slots for a bookshelf I'm making. BTW, the sardine cans w/o sharp edges? They make handy dandy little containers to temporarily hold small items like screws or washers so you don't lose 'em when you're working on something or other......

I love fresh sardines preferably in Greece ...🥰

Reminds me of a fellow in church that vacationed in Greece last year. He said he went fishing in the Mediterranean Sea and they used squid for bait. Then he mentioned what a delicious calamari meal he and his wife had dining out. I said that his meal was probably the leftover bait that the fishing boat owners probably sell to the restaurants.

Back