School shooting in Nashville!!

There are more people on SSRIs that don't kill than do, a humongous amount more.
Agreed, here is the stigma often attached to any persons perceived as having any mental or emotional difficulties, particularly if medication is involved. Perhaps you may understand why I made the post re transgenders. It is so easy for some people to latch onto minorities of one sort or another as scapegoats . Usually, this causes more unwarranted prejudice

against those targeted. My goodness, it is quite likely that if one looked at the totality of shooters, there would be a preponderance of brown eyed people. 45% of Americans have brown eyes. It would be ridiculous to assume this meant a dam thing. To add to the whole surreal thing, the majority of shooters are straight white males.

Last edited:
The cowardly killer Hale is another mass murderer that seems to resentthe school they went to. Do they resent authority, were they bullied, didn't like the teachers or attitude? Why so many at a school. Are they trying to get a "I'm gonna show them" moment.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/resentment-may-have-driven-nashville-shooter-audrey-hale-cop/

Are the schools abusing their authority or they spend so much reminding the students they are in charge the students forget they are there to learn as is the teacher there to teach. When I see videos of students and teachers fighting or teachers beaten somethings a miss in today's school aptmosphere.

Regardless young people need to be taught to move on along with doing things they don't like. Being in school isn't the end of life. It's over in 12 years and if they really hate it they can drop out in 10 or get a GED.

There are more people on SSRIs that don't kill than do, a humongous amount more.
If the patient is properly diagnosed and treated/prescribed them.

SSRIs and mass shooters came to light after Columbine not that it was the first mass killer to be under psychiatric care or medication.

http://edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/9904/29/luvox.explainer/

With teens in particular I think parents, teachers etc just want a chemical babysitter.

I be surprised if this killer was medicated not only in their teens but adult life.

Pepper, as I recall, you have mentioned you carry some painful emotional scars due to certain toxic family members. I believe you face an enormous amount of physical challenges also, including debilitating chronic pain. Yet, you soldier on in spite of it, your passion for social Justice undimmed. Lady, this is true grit. I salute your courage.🌹🌹

Last edited:
If the patient is properly diagnosed and treated/prescribed them.

SSRIs and mass shooters came to light after Columbine not that it was the first mass killer to be under psychiatric care or medication.

http://edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/9904/29/luvox.explainer/

With teens in particular I think parents, teachers etc just want a chemical babysitter.

I be surprised if this killer was medicated not only in their teens but adult life.
Any causal link has yet to be scientifically verified.

This is Congressman Andy Ogles, from the Tennessee district that includes Nashville, and his family:

267299599_420290063085362_1914310001000366893_n.jpg

It's one thing to have a gun in the house for protection, but this is sick. It's a fetish. God and guns.

This was terrible. I watched some of the video and thought to myself what was the shooter thinking. I thought he was looking for someone to shoot. Whoever came into view, it didn’t matter. Random act of violence.

This was terrible. I watched some of the video and thought to myself what was the shooter thinking. I thought he was looking for someone to shoot. Whoever came into view, it didn’t matter. Random act of violence.
when I was watching it, I thought she looked like a child with a rifle.. almost like she was playing at cops.. IYSWIM.. only I knew she wasn't..

It's not being trans that causes these shootings it's a very upset and disturbed, possibly high person who has access to guns. The one common thing in school shootings? They are shootings.
There is nothing wrong in providing the correct information, so: it wasn't a teen, it wasn't a woman -- it was a trans ...

And yet all the school children in all of these cases who died, died of gun shot wounds. Wonder how that happened when it had nothing to do with guns?
The point made is that guns don't kill by themselves; they require a human to make them do anything.
Your logic is similar to "People are constantly killed by cars, so cars are the problem."
And, think about this: A gun stopped the shooter & saved lives. Whose hands was the gun in?

Last edited:
The point made is that guns don't kill by themselves; they require a human to make them do anything.
Your logic is similar to "People are constantly killed by cars, so cars are the problem."
In Germany every day people are stabbed and killed with knives. If Della's logic would be true, one would have to forbid knives here also.
We must change society but not instruments that could be used for good and bad.

Last edited:
If all guns and knives would suddenly be forbidden or disappear totally, wouldn't the people behind the violence would pull a Tim McVeigh? Guns and knifes are maybe just easier than Googling how to make another kind of "weapon" if the plan is to kill a lot of people. (Note I'm not saying there shouldn't be laws enacted, just that critical thinking for possible results is needed.)

Last edited:
The problem lay in the way the information was conveyed. Over the top. Inflammatory.
Yes. You are right. There is absolutely no evidence, that trans people commit crimes because they are trans. And in fact this is one of the very rare cases. I don't see any connection between his (I use his, since obviously he identified himself as a male) transidentity and the crime. Nevertheless I'll not deny that I think it might be possible that testosterone (if he got it) could have had a slight influence on this.

Last edited:
The Nashville Police chief has spoken again. He reported what he learned from the parents of the shooter who lived with them. They were aware that their adult offspring had owned a gun. They had insisted that the gun be disposed of and thought it had been. The chief said that the shooter had legally purchased 7 guns from 5 different gun stores and hid them around the house. There was no info on the period of time that the purchases took place.

The other big point of interest was that the shooter was under a doctor's care for an emotional disorder but had not been committed to inpatient care.

Also, I want to say that I am impressed with the police chief. He has a very good manner and way of answering questions.

The Nashville Police chief has spoken again. He reported what he learned from the parents of the shooter who lived with them. They were aware that their adult offspring had owned a gun. They had insisted that the gun be disposed of and thought it had been. The chief said that the shooter had legally purchased 7 guns from 5 different gun stores and hid them around the house. There was no info on the period of time that the purchases took place.

The other big point of interest was that the shooter was under a doctor's care for an emotional disorder but had not been committed to inpatient care.

Also, I want to say that I am impressed with the police chief. He has a very good manner and way of answering questions.
So the shooter had an "emotional disorder" but the parents allowed her to stockpile firearms. Great.

So the shooter had an "emotional disorder" but the parents allowed her to stockpile firearms. Great.
No.

I very clearly said the parents were aware that their adult offspring owned a gun and thought it was disposed of. A gun is 1 gun. I also said that the shooter purchased 7 and hid them around the house. That does not imply that the parents allowed anything. They were unaware according to the chief.

What I would like to know now is exactly what led to the mental health care. What happened to make it necessary? Maybe we will eventually find out.

Hid them around the house.

Problem is the parents view their child as a 'good kid' and not a troubled kid and took their word for it. I guess they didn't want to pursue a court order or even have the police come in with dog and give the parents any firearms they found in their house.

Back