Sex Education

My father told me, but I was still very nervous about it in high school and didn't know some of the slang terms (I won't mention them here). I had a girlfriend in high school and we figured it out, although in retrospect we were both underage and I'm lucky I didn't get locked up. It is probably a good thing that today's teenagers are so obsessed with Social Media.

I guess growing up a farm kid sex and the results were never a mystery to me.

The one thing I did learn later was how much damn fun it could be, and I learned that from some girls who will remain nameless. (because I promised not to tell)

I was totally humiliated by some friends when I was nine because I didn't know where babies came from. When they told me I was absolutely shocked and grossed out. Later I learned that it wasn't so bad. :)

My early sex education came from old issues of National Geographic in school, which would occasionally run pictures of naked pygmies and other African tribesmen in articles. The boys would share such educational material with one another, although looking at those pendulous breasts pictured was for more of a gross out than an erotic factor. A bit later, boys might smuggle an issue of Playboy stolen from an older brother into the boys’ bathroom, which drew intense enthusiastic scrutiny before the teacher would call in to ask why we were taking so long!

As I approached adolescence, my father gave me a second hand copy of a dumbed down medical book which had a chapter on reproduction together with black and white photos of people suffering different kinds of genetic abnormalities and STD’s. That put me off of sex for many years to come, which may have been my father’s intention! We never had “the talk”…🙀

Well that began as a young kid with my two accomplices hilariously watching what the neighborhood dogs were excitedly doing. From youngest K12 ages have had a strong attraction to a wide range of females that didn't take long to figure out.

School had a pretty vague approach, though, being it was the sixties, there were some pretty hilarious question/answer times that even the teacher was busting up. Playboy and Penthouse had the descriptive, supposedly real, mail in questions and S**** stories. Came in handy.

My mother said,' If there's anything you want to know, just ask'. Trouble was...I didn't know what I didn't know! I wasn't properly educated until I married.
I learned from my mothers mistakes and made sure my own children were well informed.

Back