Share your day..April 2013

When we let the Gangstas out this morning they went ballistic with their "we see something really, really exciting" barking.
Looked out and sure enough Rocky Racky was (finally) trapped.
happy-085.gif

After we called the Gangstas off, I walked out to have a look at him and he had his head hidden under his chest. He seems to think if he can't see you, you can't see him..LOL I gave him a handful of cat food and he wasn't too scared to eat it.

He will be relocated later this morning on our way to town.

Whoo Hoo! I hope you don't see his nose pressed to the window in three days - lol lol

I mowed today but it was only for two hours. I still have to mow in the pet cemetary woods, a section I mowed early last week is ready again, three acres right on the road needs bushogged, and it's supposed to rain Tuesday afternoon.

With all this rain, hay had better be plentiful and it had better be at least be the same price it was last year, which was far from cheap unless you have horses in California, then it was cheap:(

Just some closure for Rocky raccoon. We bid him adieu about 4 miles from home this morning...gosh, he was a cute li'l devil. When we opened the cage he jumped off the tailgate of the truck, shuffled rather slowly away for about 25 feet, stopped and looked at us as if to say, "Where the h*** am I?", before making a quick retreat into the woods, hopefully never to be seen again.

We went on into town hoping he wouldn't beat us home.

Awww ... good luck, Rock! ;)

Maybe when you let him out at the new location he'll tell all his friends and family about the nice lady who gave him cat food, and you'll wake up tomorrow with 100 raccoons in your yard, all doing the Rocky dance and staring at your door. :D

Thanks Phil...now I'm going to dream about this tonight...I'll be running around tearing at my hair screaming, "I need cages, more cages!!!" and as I'm stuffing them in the back of the truck, they're coming back faster than I can haul them away......Yup, it's going to be an exhausting night!

TWH...I sure don't envy all that mowing, you need a few more horses to take care of all that grass:playful:

My lawn tractor finally bit the dust a few weeks ago. We are debating whether to invest anymore money in it or get a new one. In the mean time my neighbor, who does mowing in his spare time came down and mowed and edged last week. He has a zero turn mower and was done in half the time it takes me on the rider...not to mention the trimming which is a back breaker for me. It's almost worth it to just have him continue to do it, except we need a lawn tractor around here for other jobs too.

It's always something that needs patched or bubble gummed together around here, including us!:(

Have noticed a lot of mowing and weed whackin' goin' on, lately. Also, saw some goats for hire doing their work. Good little weed eaters, those sweet animals. Have known people with goats and have always liked them . . . guess because I'm just an old goat, myself...

Last edited:
"Share my day" Please. The first part will be fine, I intend to get some errands done this am, enjoy a book while I bask in the sun and then...the freaking dentist where I spend $600.00 that I can't afford to spend :mad: "When it rains if freakin POURS". Other than that, a great day. Sunny and mid 80's here, right at perfect.

My roomie went out this morning to get her 'scrips (despite my suggestions of telling the doctors where to put them), leaving Tigger the Under-Bitten Wonder Pekingese alone with me and Snaggle Puss.

Tigg 005.JPG

Snaggle isn't a problem, even though he's getting to the age where he's going to have to visit the vet for a snipping - he's beginning to yowl a bit more lately and spray a bit inside his (luckily) covered litterbox.

But Tigger doesn't have any such physical problems - his are more psychological, such as separation anxiety. Whenever roomie goes out he starts with the screaming. Not constant, but certainly frequently enough so that this morning I counted 14 separate scream sessions in the 2 hours that roomie was gone.

That works out to 1 scream every 8.6 minutes. The average length of the screams was 36 seconds, so that left me 8 minutes in-between to write.

Of course, out of that 8 minutes you need to subtract 1 minute for my heart to re-start each time, and one minute to get back to what I was doing.

So in that same two-hour span of time, I listened to 8.4 minutes of screaming while accomplishing 1 hour and 23 minutes of work, my heart stopped roughly 14 times and I spent roughly 14 minutes recovering from my heart palpitations.

I also spent 0.6 minutes (36 seconds) roundly cursing Tigger, a little over 2 seconds per scream, thus filling out the entire 2-hour span.

I hate Pekingese.

My roomie went out this morning to get her 'scrips (despite my suggestions of telling the doctors where to put them), leaving Tigger the Under-Bitten Wonder Pekingese alone with me and Snaggle Puss.

Snaggle isn't a problem, even though he's getting to the age where he's going to have to visit the vet for a snipping - he's beginning to yowl a bit more lately and spray a bit inside his (luckily) covered litterbox.

But Tigger doesn't have any such physical problems - his are more psychological, such as separation anxiety. Whenever roomie goes out he starts with the screaming. Not constant, but certainly frequently enough so that this morning I counted 14 separate scream sessions in the 2 hours that roomie was gone.

That works out to 1 scream every 8.6 minutes. The average length of the screams was 36 seconds, so that left me 8 minutes in-between to write.

Of course, out of that 8 minutes you need to subtract 1 minute for my heart to re-start each time, and one minute to get back to what I was doing.

So in that same two-hour span of time, I listened to 8.4 minutes of screaming while accomplishing 1 hour and 23 minutes of work, my heart stopped roughly 14 times and I spent roughly 14 minutes recovering from my heart palpitations.

I also spent 0.6 minutes (36 seconds) roundly cursing Tigger, a little over 2 seconds per scream, thus filling out the entire 2-hour span.

I hate Pekingese.

I know it isn't to you but----->>>>:rofl::rofl: Why I like BIG dogs - they have a lot more self-confidence and restraint when it comes to being a crybaby.

You're so accurate with the time study --- you didn't work for that loser company called "Proudfoot" back in the late 80's when the Fortune 200 company I worked for, paid them big bucks to time study all of us to see who was going to lose their jobs and who would stay?

Please say "no", even if you're lieing - I don't want to drive to Central PA to choke you after all these unforgiving years :3stooges::apple:

I love going to the dentist . . . . (???!!!) Because, not only is he an old family friend, a great guy and an excellent dentist but, MAINLY, because he hires the most beautiful assistants!!

But Tigger doesn't have any such physical problems - his are more psychological, such as separation anxiety. Whenever roomie goes out he starts with the screaming.
I hate Pekingese.

Aww...Tigger looks so cute, like he just wants a soothing belly rub. Maybe if you were more like Winnie The Pooh, he'd feel more secure. :love_heart: Come on man, you don't HATE Pekingese, don't even go there! :rolleyes:

Actually, I can relate to that. My ex-husband insisted we get a peke, because he had one as a kid. We ended up with two of the little ankle biters. The first one we got would take a bite out of me every chance she got. I never could bond with them, but guess who got custody when when we split.

TWH..that's why I like my schnauzers. They have a big dog brain with little dog suits. I call them Gangstas, but actually, they are well behaved and reasonably obedient. My vet always comments on how he wishes all dogs were as good to work on.

Pch..Sorry about your botched dentist appointment. I have to really psych myself up for the visit, and would hate to have to do that twice for one visit.

SeaBreeze..You are so right about the cost of dental service. Even if you have insurance, it doesn't usually pay much.

<sigh> I lost my post yesterday so I'll just say:

Ozarkgal, yes I am just about sick to death of mowing already:sour:

PCH, you have my sympathy. Where else in this life do we have to pay so much money for the privilege of pain, then have it postponed and lose another night's sleep.

I had a root canal in December and owed $400 after insurance. Of course the stupid A/R girl lied when she said she was "Positive" the check I was writing for the co-pay was correct. I was livid when we got a bill for another $120. Mr. TWH looked at the insurance company's statement and we did owe $120 but I was still going to town and Bless that beatch out for not doing her job. Being off $120 on somebody's account is nothing to take lightly and I can't stand the "I'm the collection agent" rotten attitude of that girl anyway.

Fearing I would get him banned from the dentist office with my outburse, he quietly wrote a check and delivered it himself - lollol I say "him" because I'm finding another dentist:eek:nthego:

Another day it is, and it's going to be beautiful out there. Taking my grand daughter to work with me today, she'll love that ! Then off to the dentist, finally, They had to cancel my appt yesterday as the Dental Assistant went home sick and the Dentist needed her to assist. Just wanna get this over with !

This is going to be a gorgeous day. I have more seeds that need to go somewhere and am going to try to finish tilling up a spot that I started a couple of days ago. The old back started biting, and I had to quit. It's going to be pretty cool today, I need to burn some brush if it's dry enough. Maybe a campfire cookout tonight if it doesn't get too chilly.

Oh yeah, first things first....The Gangstas are definitely getting baths today and haircuts tomorrow.
bath-021.gif
mini-dog-2932.gif

TWH...
Ozarkgal, yes I am just about sick to death of mowing already:sour:

I hear you...I can't imagine having to mow the size of your place. Since my mower is screwed my neighbor who does mowing on the side only charged me $50 bucks to mow and edge. I am trying to justify paying him instead of buying a new mower right away..problem is I need it for other chores around here. Sure was nice not to have to deal with it though.

Another day it is, and it's going to be beautiful out there. Taking my grand daughter to work with me today, she'll love that ! Then off to the dentist, finally, They had to cancel my appt yesterday as the Dental Assistant went home sick and the Dentist needed her to assist. Just wanna get this over with !

Good luck with the dentist today Pch
others-125.gif

Stepping outside with my morning coffee, surveying the garden, filled the bird feeders and got to talkin' with my neighbor. Great guy and, of course, we ate up an hour or so gabbing. Pulled a couple weeds, watered a couple flowers, cleaned out a couple birdbaths, sat down for a break and noticed that: HOORAY!!! Hello Kitty was playing with her freshly killed gopher! Gave her much praise and she will remain employed for another day...

I love Saturday mornings.

Depending exactly where one lives, Middle Tennessee had 2" - 4" inches of rain, Saturday. The hill sides in the yard had water puddles on them and that never happens.

Raining again this morning.

We're going to Lowes to buy the lumber I need, to re-do the run-in stall. Hopefully this week. I am not looking foward to pulling those mats up but it's a shambles because it serves as the pass-thru for the other three stalls. The horse that has that stall needs to have it fixed and fixed correctly this time. Serves me right for trying to cut corners four years ago. At least I can get the front loader right in the stall and spread the crush mostly with the bucket.

No, Mr. TWH is going to be at work when I do this. We do NOT work well together. I sit back and think things thru, while his Hypertensive Type A self just jumps right in. Most of the time he's right but when he isn't, it can be a major %^&*@# when it comes to efficiency. I've built entire stalls by myself, surely I can still handle putting a few kickboards up??? Surely--------------------------

The gal that replaced me, at my PT job, got called to jury duty the week my ex-boss is getting married and leaving town for a honeymoon. I said if push-comes-to-shove and she can't find anyone, I 'll come in and work. Mercy I hope it doesn't come to that. Mentally I'm for it but physically, I'm already wore out just thinking about it - lol lol Getting these horses ready for turnout, then having to hurry and clean stalls, and get to work on time, no longer sounds like "just another day" --------------

Good Morning from Las Vegas, it's another beautiful sunny day. We gonna be 90ish today, sounds great to me. I'll be off to work about lunch time but I'm gonna enjoy what I can of the morning here on the porch.
Have a great day everyone !

Back