She...

Good evening folks. That is a pretty little place. I read that the population is pretty small and it is considered to be a highly desired place to live. Its location inside that larger Bay looks pretty well sheltered. Furthermore with a name like Shalimar, I might have to put it on my "must visit" list. @Shalimar
Nothing much there as it's a quick drive through but you're down on the water most everywhere you go in that area so it's a nice place to visit.
But if you come during tourist season, pack a lot of patience with you.......it's no different than most other tourist areas.

Nothing much there as it's a quick drive through but you're down on the water most everywhere you go in that area so it's a nice place to visit.
But if you come during tourist season, pack a lot of patience with you.......it's no different than most other tourist areas.
I would well imagine. I have been down in that surrounding general area and was was pretty busy. I think I will also pass on visiting there during hurricane season. We get plenty of that kind of excitement here in South Carolina. We are inland, but we get all the evacuees from the coast, and life gets very interesting.

Last edited:
I feel for you and your heartbreak, but just remember she would have wanted you to continue on.
I won't lie to you, It's hard to adjust to life going on when a part of your heart died with her, but go on you must.
It's going to take time and a huge effort on your behalf, the lonely nights will get better and far between, the pain never goes away completely, you just learn to live with it and slowly you will adjust to life without her.

The beach was empty. Miles and miles away from civilization. Or... "civilization"... The sun was setting, making the sky look like I took some psychedelic drug. The sand was smooth being caressed by the sea over and over again. Even my footprints were not real any more. I wrote your name and a heart next to it. Walked a few steps away. Sat down and watched the water going over the writing...

The sand was smooth...

I knew I had to leave...

Last edited:
She would sit under a tree. Sketching. He would hid behind another and watch her. Day after day. A hostage to how beautiful a person she was....

When he, finally, found the courage to talk to her... she was startled... She got up... picked up her drawing book and her pencil and started walking away...

"Please forgive me!" he yelled after her... "I never meant to scare you..."

She kept walking. Faster... Like a fawn running from a predator...

"I never meant to scare you..." he whispered to no one...

He went back the following day...

Her tree was there...

She wasn't...

I'm sorry for your disappointment, my Lady.
Elusive dreams become obsessions.
Obsessions are actively, and most often rapidly, consuming one's existence.
Self-preservation mechanisms, no matter how much pain they cause, are the only way out...
Nooo...hurting others because you're hurting is not a way out. It only makes you feel worse, doesn't it?

Nooo...hurting others because you're hurting is not a way out. It only makes you feel worse, doesn't it?
I should make it clearer... It should read "Self-preservation mechanisms, no matter how much pain they cause TO ME, are the only way out..."

I wouldn't even think of hurting someone just because I hurt. I spent my life hurting because of the pain of others. Being an empath is a curse...

Last edited:
I met Love in the Kingdom of Denmark. I knew she was seeing right through me.
"You know..." she said. "...to be or not to be" is not a question!
She smiled warmly at me, turned around and walked away....
I was devastated but glad at the same that I did meet her...
I walked the other way unable to stop the tears from rolling...

An excerpt of a poem I learnt at school

Yet each man kills the thing he loves
By each let this be heard.
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word.
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!

from The Ballad of Reading Gaol by Oscar Wilde.

@Shero

Thank you!
For the present...
...and the tears....

She may be the face I can’t forget
A trace of pleasure or regret
May be my treasure or
The price I have to pay

She may be the song that summer sings
May be the chill that autumn brings
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day