Single By Choice , Single By Chance?

iu

Like Sunny I was married happily for 59 years and have been widowed for 6. I have no
interest in remarrying, enjoy my freedom and independence. Have family and friends,
and lots of social life here at the residence, but I'm very content to come back to my
apartment and curl up with my cat and a good book .

I was married young for 4 1/2 years and had one child and got divorced at 24 (he was a serial cheater). For a long time I kept hoping I would find my 'soul mate' but never found one and refused to marry the losers that asked me. When I was 59 I finally realized my soul mate was never going to happen and I became resigned to my fate. Since then I've been very happy and no regrets. I'm very independent and a loner by nature, anyway. My one child and my cats are all the family I need and my privacy is paramount to me. Love my life as is now, no one to have to be a nurse and maid for except myself and my fur balls.

I would never marry if my husband past....51 years is a long time to be with a partner....Who wants an old man....Sorry old men....But I'm old too, so why would I want
someone that may not be a great guy like my husband...No One could compare....

I don't post here much, but "Hello Everyone"....

Hello backatcha Peppermint... and I think you're absolute right in your assertion... sometimes if people have had a long and wonderful marriage they just can't imagine themselves with anyone else..

I was married for a short amount of time then divorced decades ago.

Because I highly value my privacy and independence, I have been blissfully single ever since.

My wonderful wife is older than me but we have been together almost 50 years. If I lose her, I'll die single.

Back