So what does one do with their time?

Lately it's mostly been music related. I released three singles in the last month and am exploring all my promotional options. I'm working on tracks for my next two albums; also my son and I are working on a music project together. I've been working on my music website for the last couple of days. Due to a glitch in their so called quick web creation method, I spent hours trying to complete it. A musician friend who's familiar with the site had to help me figure out what the problem was and we wound up having to start from scratch using a different method. We were actually able to work on the site together using Facebook Messenger. I could see everything she did and add my input as needed. That kind of stuff is amazing; the good side of tech.

I started a family photo album on FB for our large family and the members are really enjoying it. I must have a thousand pictures here of various family members, events and reunions. It's taking a lot of time for the scanning, captioning and adding these photos on FB. Some are older than I am. I've been keeping up with my housework better. I'm also busy trying to keep up with the three networking sites I'm on. I always seem to fall behind. Lots of T.V. shows in my watchlists when it's time to relax, as well as playing my favorite games on my devices.
What kind of music?? Is it on the air?

Hmm, I feel like I’ve entered the twilight zone, reading this thread. Did you know that while you don’t get steps from reading how much everyone does, you do get physically tired just thinking about all that work. 😂. I am now exhausted.

What do I do all day?-as little as possible. What did I do before I retired?-as little as possible.

I'm just curious because at some point if I do retire I want to know if there's other things to do besides sit in front of a TV. I like to see how others keep busy.

Ok, seriously, we moved into a new very old house in February. Lately the entire morning is spent working on the yards. I water, weed, deadhead, etc. Someday I can’t do anything, but most days I can. I do housework-the usual stuff.

I play my computer game when I’m able to sit in a chair for a while. I walk at least 8000 steps which is about five miles a day. Not all at one time of course. I watch a LOT of tv, mostly in the afternoon. I read in the evenings. I color in the adult color book when able (Hands are starting to deform). Shop when necessary. Go to bed early, get up early.

As time goes by I can do less and less, as my numerous medical conditions take over. Good thing I like tv, 😂. But I was never an achiever of the sort mentioned by the people here. Never even wanted to be an achiever. I wanted to be bypassed, looked over if necessary, and dismissed. One of the great unwashed who washes 😆.

I did achieve some things in my own very little narrow world, but only one thing worth mentioning, which impacted a great many children for forever.). As I slap my own back, in a good job girl. 🥰I don’t want a funeral, don’t want anyone to grieve for me, and don’t want any type of “fame”. I recognize I am simply one of the masses, and it doesn’t bother me. Therefore, 😂, I do very little.

I admit I am bored. If I were religious then church would be an option. But I am not religious. I live in a rural area and that makes the finances go a lot further. I have 3 large dogs and my life revolves around them. My children live far away and do not like visiting due to their boredom. I am 73 and past generations usually did not live this long so I count my blessings.

Retired almost 20 years now, left the city. BEST thing I ever did. Still working on some remodeling up here, repairs on a shed.
And the list goes on and on, this was always how I played with time off. NOW I get to do it all the time.
I retired early due to health, now I am doing better then they ever thought I would be. AND GOING STRONG
Just because you retire does not mean you quit living and enjoying what you have etc.
As you can tell by the other responses, very few just sit and do nothing. I don't watch tv and have not in almost 9 years now.
Pick up a glass of wine , sort out where and what you want to go or do. Then go for it.
I don't drink much, first glass is fine. 2nd gives me the giggles...then pillow time.
Good luck :D :devilish:

Hmm, I feel like I’ve entered the twilight zone, reading this thread. Did you know that while you don’t get steps from reading how much everyone does, you do get physically tired just thinking about all that work. 😂. I am now exhausted.

What do I do all day?-as little as possible. What did I do before I retired?-as little as possible.

Me too. I absolutely despise knowing I actually have to get out bed and fix breakfast, it's tough and not fair.

when-the-going-gets-tough-the-tough-go-drinking-quote-1.jpg

Life is tough

I've always been a hermit who wants to get out of his shell somehow. I've been retired for over a decade now. I lose track. Two of my major interests are Genealogy (Family trees) and 3D Art. I also do a lot of reading about history, politics, etc. The 3D Art applications that I use allowed me to create characters that I hope will one day form cartoons that reflect my own crazy life.

Lately it's mostly been music related. I released three singles in the last month and am exploring all my promotional options. I'm working on tracks for my next two albums; also my son and I are working on a music project together. I've been working on my music website for the last couple of days. Due to a glitch in their so called quick web creation method, I spent hours trying to complete it. A musician friend who's familiar with the site had to help me figure out what the problem was and we wound up having to start from scratch using a different method. We were actually able to work on the site together using Facebook Messenger. I could see everything she did and add my input as needed. That kind of stuff is amazing; the good side of tech.

I started a family photo album on FB for our large family and the members are really enjoying it. I must have a thousand pictures here of various family members, events and reunions. It's taking a lot of time for the scanning, captioning and adding these photos on FB. Some are older than I am. I've been keeping up with my housework better. I'm also busy trying IIkeep up with the three networking sites I'm on. I always seem to fall behind. Lots of T.V. shows in my watchlists when it's time to relax, as well as playing my favorite games on my devices.
Oh, I love what you do ,, ....I'm considering doing a family album''I just pulled out so many pictures I got so into it
and I had to stop for a while....So many pictures of family I never met....When my parents passed away, I decided to
take all boxes of pictures to my home....I'm sorry I can't even know some of the names on the pictures....
I told my daughter...She will help me when she comes to the house....
Also my husband was in a doo wop band....haha!! Of course they don't have them anymore...But we still get the
albums out and listen at night....We love the Oldies....I would love to hear about your albums....

I've gone semi-retired, and I am so enjoying my time although it has taken a couple of months for my physical body to get used to it. I planned that the first few months would be decorating the house, and I'm now about to start a second year degree in Earth Sciences. At this moment in time my life is quite full, and, I also found Homeland on Netflix for the darkening evenings which I'm now binging. Any suggestions for new 'binges' will be gladly accepted :)

Ok, seriously, we moved into a new very old house in February. Lately the entire morning is spent working on the yards. I water, weed, deadhead, etc. Someday I can’t do anything, but most days I can. I do housework-the usual stuff.

I play my computer game when I’m able to sit in a chair for a while. I walk at least 8000 steps which is about five miles a day. Not all at one time of course. I watch a LOT of tv, mostly in the afternoon. I read in the evenings. I color in the adult color book when able (Hands are starting to deform). Shop when necessary. Go to bed early, get up early.

As time goes by I can do less and less, as my numerous medical conditions take over. Good thing I like tv, 😂. But I was never an achiever of the sort mentioned by the people here. Never even wanted to be an achiever. I wanted to be bypassed, looked over if necessary, and dismissed. One of the great unwashed who washes 😆.

I did achieve some things in my own very little narrow world, but only one thing worth mentioning, which impacted a great many children for forever.). As I slap my own back, in a good job girl. 🥰I don’t want a funeral, don’t want anyone to grieve for me, and don’t want any type of “fame”. I recognize I am simply one of the masses, and it doesn’t bother me. Therefore, 😂, I do very little.
Pushing the remote buttons for the TV should be counted too.

Sorry - CCRC = Continuing Care Retirement Community. You usually buy in - as a condominium or co-op. It generally has all levels of care from occassional assistance to bedridden nursing care. My father was in an Erickson Community - which was AMAZING! There isn't one in Maine - but there are a lot of things to chose from.
How much do CCRCs cost where you are, myquest? As near as I can tell (you usually have to do a tour of the place to get a definite price; they don't advertise the cost), I think the only one we've got here is about $8,000/month.

Back