Suggestions for Spiritual Awakening Audios

It is SO important to do this. To make time for yourself to explore your spiritual side in whatever way suits you.
I found Buddhist texts very helpful in the past.

Has anyone read The Tibetan Book of the Dead? I found huge wisdom in it that brought me peace.

Now I am a Christian and I find what I need in the Bible. However, I keep an open mind to other paths for health and balance of mind, body and soul. This includes mindful rather than mindless eating. We must take in quality nutrition on every level if we are to achieve health.

15 Things You Don’t Have to Do Any More - inspired by Tiny Buddha

1/. You don’t have to wait for change.
If you aren’t happy with the way things are, you can do something starting now, however small to start to transform your life.

2/. You don’t have to accept anything you aren’t comfortable with in your relationship(s). Others might never change but you can change how you deal with them.

3/. You don’t have to ask for permission to do what’s best for you.
At any time, you can decide to prioritize your ideals and needs without having to defend yourself or justify your choices.

4/. You don’t have to follow anybody else’s advice. You can decide for yourself what you value most and what it means to you to honour it.

5/. You don’t need to be afraid of failing. Failing is an inevitable part of learning. To fail or make mistakes means you are trying new things which is essential if you want to learn and grow while living a life of purpose and adventure.

6/. You don’t need to be the sane person day after day. We aren’t the same person we were before. Our cells are continuously rejuvenating themselves so intrinsically, we aren’t the same person. Every morning wake up and become the person you ‘want’ to be. We are granted an opportunity to start fresh each and everyday.

7/. You don’t need to continue doing the things that no longer feel right for you. We can change direction at any point in our lives and as many times as we need to.

8/. You don’t have to feel guilty about saying no or accomplishing less. Your peace and well being are just as important as anyone else’s so if you want or need to change pace, don’t let anybody stop you. Your peace of mind is more valuable than anybody requests.

9/. You don’t have to ignore or suppress your emotions and instincts.
They are your compass towards the best decisions for you. Hear them. Trust them. Learn from them.

10/. You don’t have to hide your pain to make others feel comfortable. Not everyone will be able to hold space for you but some will. You have be open enough to find them.

11/. You don’t have to go it alone.
There is no shame in asking for help. It doesn’t make you weak and incompetent. It means you love yourself enough to allow others to help you.

12/. You don’t have to fix anyone else or make them happy. In fact, you can’t no matter how hard you try. You main priority is to focus on yourself and love and accept them while they learn to do the same.

13/. You don’t need to feel shame for your past. You did the best you could given what you’ve been through and what you knew at the time. It helped you become the person you are today.

14/. You don’t have to worry about your future but probably will. Remind yourself that you are strong enough to handle anything that comes your way.

15/. You don’t have to stress about needing to make a huge impact on the world. Small acts of kindness can have a huge impact.
About #6. You don't have to be the sane person. Is that a typo? Sane person or same person? I kind of like it either way.:)

Note beyond audio music and spiritual dialogue, one can also buy for less than $20, MP3 computer audio media for the whole OT or NT Bible. The speaking is done well just like old radio broadcasts with different people speaking for each character. Great way to learn what those books actually state casually on longer road trips since many people never ever read the actual book, instead just listening to church brief sermons.

I came across this episode of a video taped podcast produced by the Christian Think Tank Theos and hosted by Elizabeth Oldfield. Her guest is Iain McGilchrist, the author of the book I just finished. Wikipedia says of that book "The Matter with Things: Our Brains, Our Delusions, and the Unmaking of the World is a 2021 book of neuroscience, epistemology and metaphysics written by psychiatrist, thinker and former literary scholar[1] Iain McGilchrist." This was my introduction to Elizabeth Oldfield who I think is a real peach.

✂️ On desire to devote oneself to serving others and how to read scripture

Note beyond audio music and spiritual dialogue, one can also buy for less than $20, MP3 computer audio media for the whole OT or NT Bible. The speaking is done well just like old radio broadcasts with different people speaking for each character. Great way to learn what those books actually state casually on longer road trips since many people never ever read the actual book, instead just listening to church brief sermons.
Great idea. My husband listens to audio books all the time. He’s constantly plugged in. He’s helping me pick out podcasts in Buddhism ☸️ which are really refreshing to listen to. Plus it’s great having the option to be active while passively listening. Example: today I helped put up closet shelves after taking the painting tape off. We are painting our entire house with fresh new colours. I’m finding listening to audios / podcasts as well as sermons really inspiring. I like Joyce Meyers. She’s great.

I came across this episode of a video taped podcast produced by the Christian Think Tank Theos and hosted by Elizabeth Oldfield. Her guest is Iain McGilchrist, the author of the book I just finished. Wikipedia says of that book "The Matter with Things: Our Brains, Our Delusions, and the Unmaking of the World is a 2021 book of neuroscience, epistemology and metaphysics written by psychiatrist, thinker and former literary scholar[1] Iain McGilchrist." This was my introduction to Elizabeth Oldfield who I think is a real peach.

✂️ On desire to devote oneself to serving others and how to read scripture
Thanks Mark. I actually listened to it. I like his accent and his logic. He really explained well how our brains actually work and why we can accept certain ideas easily and why we can’t accept others. It’s relaxing listening to intelligent conversation. I liked it. Thank you.

Today I’m listening to Alan Peto on how to start a daily practice in Buddhism. It’s great to listen to this stuff while working out.

For those who like to read
Daily Buddhist Practice for Beginners - Alan Peto

For those who like to watch and listen

Getting back into being more connected to my spirit has made a huge impact on my mental health, which is why I added it here.

For years I’ve tried connecting via religion but it just doesn’t quite cut it for me. There’s something lacking in my understanding which weakens my sincere devotion.

Spirituality is a very broad definition.
Listening to audios, pod casts guides me towards the basic meaning and understanding of why religion was made. It’s inclusive of all basic religions.

While listening to these podcasts I literally can feel my vibration rising.
The more audios I listened to, the more in tune I was to ‘unconditional L♥️VE & peace and the more receptive I became to subtle energies around me. Last night before falling asleep, I was in a state of pure bliss. I was surrounded by unconditional peace and love.

While listening to these audios, I’ve been taking notes in my journal and have come to understand something so important that I’d forgotten about.
I’d forgotten that religion and spirituality both lead to all the elements of peace and love.

1 Corinthians 13
New International Version

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

💕♥️💕♥️💕♥️💕♥️💕♥️💕♥️💕♥️
Once practicing the traits & characters of love, peace automatically follows.

When depression hits, instead of practicing self love, it’s easier to distract self with anything else but the most important things; Peace & Love.
Unfortunately distraction really only satisfies the ego.

The ego is stroked with connecting with others who like your posts and it feels good but unfortunately the ego can’t get enough of what it likes. Suddenly the distraction turns into an obsession which can become addictive. Soon you can be ruled by your selfish ego; your day run by its petty demands.

Depression lowers our vibrational energy so we can’t connect with higher vibrations which is where pure love, eternal peace, joy & blissfulness reside. A single spark of faith in your inner sacred self can lead to moving mountains.

We aren’t alone. We are never alone. We are all connected to unconditional love & peace, joy & bliss. All we have to do is acknowledge their existence and ‘believe’ they are there.

Miracles can and do happen when we surrender our lives to a higher power than our mortal selves. Pure silence! This power will guide you to where you need to be and protect your soul; that inner spark that connected to all.

I added this to the mental health section because I sincerely believe that a persons spirituality or lack of it can have detrimental effects on one’s mental health.

☮️♥️☮️♥️☮️♥️☮️♥️☮️♥️☮️♥️☮️♥️
'We are all connected to unconditional love & peace, joy & bliss.'.....I began to understand this more fully when I started learning about the near death experiences of other people. Almost without exception, they describe this exact experience of love. And it changes them forever.

Yesterday I signed up for Deepak Chopra meditation.

I’m also reading the Bible. It’s an easy to read version. Many might scoff at it but I figure if it’s written in a way that makes it easier for me to understand, then it’s a win win for me.

I can definitely confirm that when I think of God, I think of good. God is good. When think this thought often, my outer world reflects my thoughts back like a mirror. What I think expands. Perhaps God is the expander energy. Either way, my life is more joyous thinking God is good.

Have a wonderful day guys. 💕

I can definitely confirm that when I think of God, I think of good. God is good. When think this thought often, my outer world reflects my thoughts back like a mirror. What I think expands. Perhaps God is the expander energy. Either way, my life is more joyous thinking God is good.

On a different forumwhile discussing an old book of poetry I shared this reflection on the title of the book which may be of interest for the way I understand God. The book's title is: News Of The Universe: poems of two-fold consciousness and this is what I wrote:

Mostly what comes to mind is how, from our perspective, we can see how we are one of the many … a person apart, with a particular story line. But we also recognize that everything we experience and the world itself is from God. God transcends it but is also immanent in every object and being. He is the source as well as the manifestation. So in addition to our awareness of being one of the many we can also recognize that we are a part of the One. Our consciousness is also His consciousness. We can’t bring what is His into focus since we only know this one part, the part He sees through our eyes. But that part we know well and I’ve always been aware of something greater that was not narrowly mine but whose reactions formed my conscience and whose vision inspired my sense of awe and wonder. I can’t bring Him into focus but not because He is so far removed from me but rather because He is too near.

When I read your comment and you said 'perhaps God is the expander of energy', it made me think of something I heard a while back. That the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate instead of slowing down as one would expect an 'explosion' to do. I've got a theory on the 'why' of that that tip toes around the edges of my brain but I haven't sat down and really worked it out in an easily explainable way. Maybe some day or maybe I'll just find out when I leave this life and it all becomes clear on the other side.

When I read your comment and you said 'perhaps God is the expander of energy', it made me think of something I heard a while back. That the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate instead of slowing down as one would expect an 'explosion' to do. I've got a theory on the 'why' of that that tip toes around the edges of my brain but I haven't sat down and really worked it out in an easily explainable way. Maybe some day or maybe I'll just find out when I leave this life and it all becomes clear on the other side.
The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate! If the universe is endless, it would have to. Wouldn’t it. Someday I think you and I and everyone else WILL know. We ARE ALL part of the cosmic consciousness. There is no distance between us. We are all connected and I believe when we die we will all discover this. Our lives are a mere drop in a bucket compared to the rest of the universe.

From this day forward, I’m devoting my life to seeking peace and spiritual fulfillment.

The way I shall do this is by listening to spiritual audios throughout the day as well as journal / write about the important things.

Years ago I did this with very good results. I just haven’t disciplined myself enough to get into it like I used to. Back then I listened to cassette tapes as well as CD’s. Journaling was a big part of my day. I rejoiced in each day. I had true joy.

Currently I can listen to anything on my phone or Tv. I’m preferring the TV lately since it has a bigger presence about it. It’s already feeling like it’s the right direction to go.

Life is accepting each passing moment as is and I want to learn to embrace it ALL so that I may find peace and spiritual fulfillment.

Some of the great spiritual gurus I’ve been blessed to have listened to include :

Jesus Christ
Wayne Dyne
Deepak Chopra
Louise Hay
Marianne Williamson
The Dalai Lama
Eckhart Tolle
James Redfield
Don Miguel Ruiz
Ronda Byrne
Abraham Hicks
Neale Donald Walsch
Sadhguru
Jack Kornfield

At the moment I am listening to:
“The Power of NOW” by Eckhart Tolle and while I’ve listened to this many times before, it’s re-awaking my inner spirit.

If you have any suggestions for a great spiritual audio, please feel free to add it for others to possibly enjoy.

Thank you!
May we ALL be blessed.

Note: I may do a bit of a summary after listening to each audio.

Please feel free to participate.
I really like that, for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is who you placed at the top of your list. I've been a seeker of truth for all my life and I've come to a point where I know the truth when I see it. And I feel I may have found a kindred spirit here. I mean, of course, we are all connected, but only a certain few are aware of the connection. I can tell you are one of those rare few.

Last edited:
On a different forumwhile discussing an old book of poetry I shared this reflection on the title of the book which may be of interest for the way I understand God. The book's title is: News Of The Universe: poems of two-fold consciousness and this is what I wrote:
Nicely said. It reminds me of a line from a poem by e.e.cummings, which says, "...things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near"

Nicely said. It reminds me of a line from a poem by e.e.cummings, which says, "...things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near"

I'm a big fan of Cummings but I didn't remember that one. Here it is from the internet with a line by line evaluation:

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
e e cummings

any experience, your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skillfully, mysteriously) her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
compels me with the color of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Source: Viva by E. E. Cummings (a collection of poems first published in 1931)

I'm a big fan of Cummings but I didn't remember that one. Here it is from the internet with a line by line evaluation:

e e cummings

any experience, your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skillfully, mysteriously) her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
compels me with the color of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Source: Viva by E. E. Cummings (a collection of poems first published in 1931)
That's the one. On the surface it appears to be a love poem, a poem of romance, but within it are more universal elements which connect it to all of nature and the perceivable and experiential universe. I find this in many of his poems - a celebration of life and of love - as in the more overtly spiritual:
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun’s birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any—lifted from the no
of all nothing—human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

That's the one. On the surface it appears to be a love poem, a poem of romance, but within it are more universal elements which connect it to all of nature and the perceivable and experiential universe. I find this in many of his poems - a celebration of life and of love - as in the more overtly spiritual:

I agree and it's interesting that he does this.

Here is another Cummings poem that packs a lot into a small space.

one’s not half two. It’s two are halves of one:
which halves reintegrating,shall occur
no death and any quantity;but than
all numerable mosts the actual more

minds ignorant of stern miraculous
this every truth-beware of heartless them
(given the scalpel,they dissect a kiss;
or,sold the reason,they undream a dream)

one is the song which fiends and angels sing:
all murdering lies by mortals told make two.
Let liars wilt,repaying life they’re loaned;
we(by a gift called dying born)must grow

I agree and it's interesting that he does this.

Here is another Cummings poem that packs a lot into a small space.

one’s not half two. It’s two are halves of one:
which halves reintegrating,shall occur
no death and any quantity;but than
all numerable mosts the actual more

minds ignorant of stern miraculous
this every truth-beware of heartless them
(given the scalpel,they dissect a kiss;
or,sold the reason,they undream a dream)

one is the song which fiends and angels sing:
all murdering lies by mortals told make two.
Let liars wilt,repaying life they’re loaned;
we(by a gift called dying born)must grow
Yes, that is another of my favorites. His poems are not for (as he says himself) mostpeople. I had a few that I would on occasion recite to people as a sort of filtering device, to see what reaction I would get - usually blank stares or a look of utter perplexity. Only rarely would someone actually get it, and then I knew I had a friend.

Yes, that is another of my favorites. His poems are not for (as he says himself) mostpeople. I had a few that I would on occasion recite to people as a sort of filtering device, to see what reaction I would get - usually blank stares or a look of utter perplexity. Only rarely would someone actually get it, and then I knew I had a friend.
The one that first got me that day so long ago as I was browsing in a book store for something interesting to read was...

The one that first got me that day so long ago as I was browsing in a book store for something interesting to read was...
why

do the
fingers

of the lit
tle once beau
tiful la

dy(sitting sew
ing at an o
pen window this
fine morning)fly

instead of dancing
are they possibly
afraid that life is
running away from
them(i wonder)or

isn't she a
ware that life(who
never grows old)
is always beau

tiful and
that nobod
y beauti

ful ev
er hur

ries

The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate! If the universe is endless, it would have to. Wouldn’t it. Someday I think you and I and everyone else WILL know. We ARE ALL part of the cosmic consciousness. There is no distance between us. We are all connected and I believe when we die we will all discover this. Our lives are a mere drop in a bucket compared to the rest of the universe.
If you believe that and you like to read, may I recommend a series of books to you? Journeys Out of the Body, Far Journeys and The Ultimate Journey. Fascinating books written by an extraordinary man named Robert Monroe. As you work your way through his chronicled experiences, you begin to realize that they're expressing what you've described above. If you decide to give them a shot, read them in the order above.

Back