The Derek Chauvin Trial

Do you ever give a thought to the far greater number of people, under the influence of alcohol. out on the street at risk of endangering people's lives. Does DUI ring a bell? Let's get in the real world and not just pick out abuses that we don't happen to have. Maybe we should have all drunks treated in the same manner as Floyd. Based on the reasoning of some, we'd all be safer.

Additionally, there was no testimony that Mr. Floyd was behaving in any threatening or erratic manner when he was in the store or otherwise. The clerk testified that Mr. Floyd seemed a little slow, but that was all. After he left the store, he just went and sat in the truck.

Regardless of what he had done or not done in the past, or what drugs he may have had on board, nothing Mr. Floyd did justified the treatment he received from the cops, including being asphyxiated in the street.

Last edited:
The Minneapolis Police Chief testified today and tore Chauvin to threads about his conduct. Kneeling on a person's neck for 9 minutes! What kind of egotistical hubris is that.
I'm so surprised that the other cops, who testified, didn't stand up for this guy. Usually, they all stick together on a really implausible story. Also, kneeling a guy's throat, while he's handcuffed is way over the line. Do I think cops would get a kick or two in, on a handcuffed dude, if they were frustrated? Oh yeah. But this is enjoying kneeling on someone's neck. Do we know anything about Chauvin's background? That kind of behavior just doesn't pop up only once.
Much like the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray - who killed Michael Jackson.
Like cops, doctors usually support each other, even when they shouldn't, but I was surprised that several doctors testified against Dr. Murray; his guilt & attempts to cover up his apathy & greed were so obvious, doctors didn't want to look like fools by supporting him.

Much like the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray - who killed Michael Jackson.
Like cops, doctors usually support each other, even when they shouldn't, but I was surprised that several doctors testified against Dr. Murray; his guilt & attempts to cover up his apathy & greed were so obvious, doctors didn't want to look like fools by supporting him.
I find it amazing that these stars have it all and yet Michael's life was such a sad and pathetic mess.

Michael Jackson & George Floyd both killed themselves by way of their behavior,habits & lifestyle.
Correction: George Floyd was murdered by the police officers who were supposed to be caring for him. Instead they handcuffed him, turned him face down and all sat on parts of his body until he suffocated to death as the world watched in horror. The only ones who don’t see this are the ones who choose not to , for their own reasons.

Correction: George Floyd was murdered by the police officers who were supposed to be caring for him. Instead they handcuffed him, turned him face down and all sat on parts of his body until he suffocated to death as the world watched in horror. The only ones who don’t see this are the ones who choose not to , for their own reasons.

"The only ones who don’t see this are the ones who choose not to , for their own reasons."

And the only ones that do ........ are those that choose to prefer criminal thugs over the police.
For their own reasons.

I thought this was interesting

Rasmussen Poll: Less Than Majority Think Chauvin's Guilty of George Floyd's Death​

https://www.newsmax.com/us/rasmussen-floyd-chauvin/2021/04/05/id/1016455/

It's interesting, but misleading.

48% say Chauvin is guilty. That's before the trial is concluded. 31 percent say they don't know yet, and 21 percent side with Chauvin.

This is why we have trials, to argue the facts of the case. Chauvin may or may not have caused Floyd's death. (I think he did, but that is immaterial). The prosecution and the defense get to present their evidence, and the jury gets to decide.

"The only ones who don’t see this are the ones who choose not to , for their own reasons."

And the only ones that do ........ are those that choose to prefer criminal thugs over the police.
For their own reasons.
Yes.....if we criticize criminal cops, we're supporting criminal thugs & not "Backing The Badge." :ROFLMAO:

And why not let cops decide who is the proper color & who should be executed. And cops should be the executioners. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm certainly having a great time with 'em........
It's a sad situation but I have to agree - -some of the comments are beyond me??
This appears to be the applicable statute concerning the $20.00 bill:

18 USC 471

Whoever, with intent to defraud, passes, utters, publishes, or sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or with like intent brings into the United States or keeps in possession or conceals any falsely made, forged, counterfeited, or altered obligation or other security of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

The 4 degrees of Mens Rea (culpable mental state) are:

1. Knowingly
2. Willfully
3. With general intent (won't apply here)
4. With specific intent.

I boils down to whether George Floyd knew it was actually counterfeit? If it was an old style 20 without the new security enhancements, it may actually be hard to tell?
You have to be kidding. I'd hate to think how many counterfeit bills MAY have passed through my hands in the last 80 years or so. I might have one in my wallet today for all I know? Anyone who studies each bill that they receive or pass on, and can quickly spot a fake would make me suspicious as to their motive and familiarity with this type of currency.

He passed a bad bill - -so-be-it. Not exactly the crime of the century. Certainly not worthy of the death penalty, no matter how or who carried it out.

Michael Jackson & George Floyd both killed themselves by way of their behavior,habits & lifestyle.
Rgp, I realize you are probably just trying to inflame a fight on this subject, but I'll bite anyway.

You are saying that if a person lives a less than exemplary lifestyle, has ever done anything wrong, and then he is walking down the street and without any cause someone goes up to him and shoots him, that person should be acquitted of murder because the victim was not a saint? That should be the finding of the court, that they actually killed themselves, and we should pay no attention to the person who actually did the murder?

Biblical scholars like to ask, "Where is it written?" I am no Biblical scholar, but this applies to our legal code as well. Where is it written that a person who murders someone who is less than perfect should be acquitted? Only murders of perfect people count? Really?

Rgp, I realize you are probably just trying to inflame a fight on this subject, but I'll bite anyway.

You are saying that if a person lives a less than exemplary lifestyle, has ever done anything wrong, and then he is walking down the street and without any cause someone goes up to him and shoots him, that person should be acquitted of murder because the victim was not a saint? That should be the finding of the court, that they actually killed themselves, and we should pay no attention to the person who actually did the murder?

Biblical scholars like to ask, "Where is it written?" I am no Biblical scholar, but this applies to our legal code as well. Where is it written that a person who murders someone who is less than perfect should be acquitted? Only murders of perfect people count? Really?

I never said any such thing...........

Yes.....if we criticize criminal cops, we're supporting criminal thugs & not "Backing The Badge." :ROFLMAO:

And why not let cops decide who is the proper color & who should be executed. And cops should be the executioners. :ROFLMAO:

Another reply/post with nothing sustative , only empty comment .

Back