The Derek Chauvin Trial

View attachment 161809
Dr. David Fowler is a retired forensic pathologist and former chief medical examiner of the state of Maryland.

Now that the trial is over, the American medical community has turned on Dr. Fowler after being alarmed by his testimonies during the four-week legal process.

Dr. David Fowler, a retired forensic pathologist and former chief medical examiner of the state of Maryland, was put on the witness stand as a medical expert by Chauvin’s defence lawyer, Eric Nelson.

In court he said Mr Floyd’s death was caused by underlying health conditions and illegal drugs — conclusions that contradicted those of medical experts introduced by the prosecution.

Washington, D.C.’s former chief medical examiner Dr. Roger Mitchell Jr., wrote an open letter calling for investigations into Dr. Fowler’s medical license, as well as a review of the Maryland medical examiner’s office under Dr. Fowler’s leadership. At least 458 physicians across the USA have signed the letter.
Ye gads. this guy had a medical license and was my state's chief medical examiner? And he expects anyone to believe that Mr. Floyd just happened to die of his underlying health conditions at the exact moment that someone was kneeling on his neck, choking the life out of him?

How old is this "doctor," anyway? Has he lost any medical judgement he ever had? Or, er, could he have been paid off? If that was really his testimony, how could anyone in their right mind be expected to believe that version of what happened?

Such "details" as Ohioboy listed are things that can actually get cases remanded and/or reversed on appeal.
Then please feel free to join them in the debate! To me, the jury was tainted, and that alone is enough. But I'm no lawyer, so you great legal minds can hash it out.

Then please feel free to join them in the debate! To me, the jury was tainted, and that alone is enough. But I'm no lawyer, so you great legal minds can hash it out.
Attempts were made to taint the jury. It's impossible to say whether they were [successful] or were not, but they probably would have arrived at the same verdict either way. Any appeal will be a difficult uphill battle.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the pages so don't know if anyone has posted about the 2017 incident.
People like to denigrate victims because they have a past but Chauvin is no choirboy.

"According to ABC News, the videos, from Sept. 4, 2017, allegedly showed Chauvin striking a Black teenager in the head so hard that the boy needed stitches, then allegedly holding the boy down with his knee for nearly 17 minutes, and allegedly ignoring complaints from the boy that he couldn't breathe."

"The judge presiding over the case agreed with Nelson that the jury should not hear about the 2017 incident, so prosecutors were blocked from bringing it up during Chauvin's trial."

https://kstp.com/news/after-chauvin...r-2017-incident-involving-black-teen/6084716/

Now that the DOJ is investigating the Minneapolis Police Dept. hopefully Chauvin will be prosecuted for this incident too. You just have to look at Chauvin's eyes while he is kneeling on Floyd to see the man is psycho.

I haven't read all the pages so don't know if anyone has posted about the 2017 incident.
People like to denigrate victims because they have a past but Chauvin is no choirboy.

"According to ABC News, the videos, from Sept. 4, 2017, allegedly showed Chauvin striking a Black teenager in the head so hard that the boy needed stitches, then allegedly holding the boy down with his knee for nearly 17 minutes, and allegedly ignoring complaints from the boy that he couldn't breathe."

"The judge presiding over the case agreed with Nelson that the jury should not hear about the 2017 incident, so prosecutors were blocked from bringing it up during Chauvin's trial."

https://kstp.com/news/after-chauvin...r-2017-incident-involving-black-teen/6084716/

Now that the DOJ is investigating the Minneapolis Police Dept. hopefully Chauvin will be prosecuted for this incident too. You just have to look at Chauvin's eyes while he is kneeling on Floyd to see the man is psycho.
Yes he had a total of 18 official complaints aginst him during his career

Ye gads. this guy had a medical license and was my state's chief medical examiner? And he expects anyone to believe that Mr. Floyd just happened to die of his underlying health conditions at the exact moment that someone was kneeling on his neck, choking the life out of him?

How old is this "doctor," anyway? Has he lost any medical judgement he ever had? Or, er, could he have been paid off? If that was really his testimony, how could anyone in their right mind be expected to believe that version of what happened?
Even before his Chauvin testimony, this bimbo was being investigated for a strangely similar case in which he's accused of covering up for the cops.

https://theintercept.com/2021/04/04/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-trial-anton-black/

I don't think he was psycho, just arrogant. I can't look at people and tell what they're thinking but my guess would be:

"Just look at them fools telling me to get off his neck. I've done this for as long as 17 minutes and the guy was fine afterward."

Of course he was paid a fortune for his testimony & he appeared as a defense witness, so naturally he said what he was paid to say.

Not for a jury. Your peers are fellow human beings.
Correct, for ALL States.

In part:

Minn. R. Crim. P. 26.02

Rule 26.02 - Jury Selection
1. Jury List. The jury list must be composed of persons randomly selected from a fair cross-section of qualified county residents. The jury must be drawn from the jury list.

One of the jurors who convicted Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd last month defended his participation in a BLM protest last summer in Washington, DC, amid speculation it might be grounds for the cop's appeal.

A photo, posted on social media, shows Brandon Mitchell attending an August 28 event to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr's 'I Have a Dream' speech during the 1963 March on Washington.

It shows Mitchell, a high school basketball coach, standing with two other men and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, 'GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS' and 'BLM'. He is also wearing a baseball cap printed with Black Lives Matter.

Juror... far right..posing for BLM in August 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...defends-participation-Washington-protest.html

42547172-9539447-image-a-12_1620110745683.jpg

Last edited:
One of the jurors who convicted Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd last month defended his participation in a BLM protest last summer in Washington, DC, amid speculation it might be grounds for the cop's appeal.

A photo, posted on social media, shows Brandon Mitchell attending an August 28 event to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr's 'I Have a Dream' speech during the 1963 March on Washington.

It shows Mitchell, a high school basketball coach, standing with two other men and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, 'GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS' and 'BLM'. He is also wearing a baseball cap printed with Black Lives Matter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...defends-participation-Washington-protest.html

I doubt that the juror's attendance at some political rally would be considered grounds for appeal. The law doesn't expect jurors to be hermits priod to being selected. I would imagine that the defense would have asked questions about this kind of stuff during voire dire.

I recently saw a clip of one of the jurors speaking about his service on the jury, and he said that the ONE thing that really convicted Chauvin was the videos of Chauvin and Mr. Floyd during those 9 minutes and however many seconds. He also said the testimony of the Dr Tobin was also key.

Likely grounds for appeal. He should also be convicted of perjury as he lied and said he had no knowledge of the Floyd case. We can't have people lying about their neutrality so they can deliver a predetermined verdict no matter the evidence. Chauvin was very likely to be found guilty no matter the jury. This asshat just gave him a reason for a mistrial and all the money that will be spent on said trial, even if he's convicted again. What a moron.

I doubt that the juror's attendance at some political rally would be considered grounds for appeal.
The fact that he lied about it will. He perjured himself. Do you really think he was impartial? I hope they hit him with the full consequences of the law. But they won't because of the times we live in.

In a widely publicized case like this, it would be next to impossible to find a jury that had no knowledge of the crime, no opinions about it, etc. I
don't know where attending a rally fits in. But I seriously doubt that a mistrial could be declared for that reason.

Also, that shirt he is wearing looks a bit hokey. I wonder how real that picture is?

In a widely publicized case like this, it would be next to impossible to find a jury that had no knowledge of the crime, no opinions about it, etc. I
don't know where attending a rally fits in. But I seriously doubt that a mistrial could be declared for that reason.

Also, that shirt he is wearing looks a bit hokey. I wonder how real that picture is?
we'll find out soon enough

You have a link for that quote. If he said that, the Court would know he was lying, so how was he selected?
that's the point, the picture has only recently surfaced since the court case, so the court would have to take him at his word that he had no connection with the case...

quote from the article which has appeared in quite a few publications..''
Mitchell said he answered 'no' to two questions about demonstrations on the questionnaire sent out before jury selection.''

Experts say the revelation could be grounds for the cop's appeal.

Back