The silence of living alone.

Spoken like a true man. I bet the whole right side of my hubby's body is numb from
sitting next to me on long car trips...lol.
After my dad passed, we visited him at the funeral home. I couldn't help but notice the look of relief and the smile on his face - at not having to deal with our mom anymore. In fact, I never saw him look that happy in his 88 years. I thought, "maybe the mortuary employee did it, but......"

Since I retired in 2018 after working for 50 years at all kinds of hours on any given day sometimes for up to six days straight it took me a great while to experience a full uninterrupted nights sleep. Eventually my doctor put me on an Ambien regimen for 3 months until I maintained a satisfactory sleep schedule, weaned me off Ambien with Valium then I was pretty much good to go, gave all my watches including the certified stopwatches I used at work to relatives now I'm good to go. I volunteer for Red Cross, Operation Lifesaver, watch cable TV especially Netflix, mess with my computers, listen to my scanners and shortwave radios, yack on my CB radio, relax to FM music, live stream any and everything, ride what few passenger trains exist here in Florida. Have one landline phone that's not cordless because if the power goes out the handset is useless and of course one of these dumb smartphones, well maybe I'm the dumb one but only 3 people know my number and my message is if you want a call back leave a "DETAILED MESSAGE" for a callback. Even then it's always on vibrate. Some life huh? But I'm happy. Thanks for reading.

I like the quiet of a room with just a clock ticking. It is so peaceful. 😇
I have gotten up a few times and left the tv off while drinking coffee and eating oatmeal. Looked out to the west and watched the sky getting brighter. I put out bird feeders, bird bath and plants. Nice to watch the birds eat and fly around outside my door. So, mornings can be peaceful for about an hour before I turn on the news.

Back