The World Series

Will both teams go back to their best, starting pitchers now, from Game 1 ?

Game 5 so crucial for both, with them tied at 2 wins each, but they might go to 7 games, and need them then?

What do you think they'll do, tonight? Or, what do you think they SHOULD do ?

Last edited:
Watch it a bit, surf other channels...
It is not the Dodgers.
Swore I'd never root for them again when they left Brooklyn.
Then Koufax and Drysdale: How you not get dragged back in?

Do not know who I can root for in current series,
neither have won the big bone!
Can't root for both teams-Houston I guess, they've been there before, got a
box of 'almost.'

I do know this, I am not going to stand there and let a guy throw a ball going
over 90 mph at me: no, no, no...

I do know this, I am not going to stand there and let a guy throw a ball going
over 90 mph at me: no, no, no...

OK , we will not put you in the game. 🤣
Me neither, please!:LOL:

Houston Astro's did win world series, I think it was 2 yrs ago.
Red Sox won it last year. Then, Sox didn't make any of the playoff's this year.

Wash Nationals have never won it, but I don't think that fact will score any runs for them. ;)

Well, if Houston wins this next game, that'll be the only home game won this series, winning it all.
Statisticians are prolly going nuts over this, and we'll hear about the odds of that happening during pregame dialogue.
I could give a rat's pooper about the record breaking crud they come up with.
I just wanna see some great baseball.

Young team - full of spirit! ... Wish they would leave the roof open @ Minute Maid if it's not raining.

iu

Young team - full of spirit! ... Wish they would leave the roof open @ Minute Maid if it's not raining.

Sorry your team didn't close it out, last night. We'll have to see what happens tonight.
Last and deciding game, should make for some high tension, there.

Try not to get too overly stressed, yourselves!;)

Btw, I found myself wondering, what the specific reason you have, for hoping the roof will be open>:unsure:

So that fans outside can hear the cheers? Or does it help home run balls go farther? Or it's just too hot in there, with all those people, if it's closed? Or the sky and photography is beautiful? ...Or....Or.... :ROFLMAO:

In the 50's, before the Dodgers and Giants moved to the West Coast, I asked my walking to school buddy:
St Louis was closest region that had a baseball team.

"Eddie, how come all these baseball teams are clustered in the north?

"donno'know"

"Will how come they can have games in the afternoon, don't they have to work?"

"dunno'know"

I was questioning the difference in the pay scale between the North and 'down here.' The gap still exists, not as bad as the 50's, but still a large gap.

I've lived in Detroit, when the recession of the early 70's arrived, I had to
wait 4 days to get a U-Haul truck to get the hell out of there.
Detroit's population was close to 1.5, add the suburbs it was pushing 3 million.
Now, Detroit is around six- hundred thousand

"Eddie, what happened up there?"
"dunno'know"

... deciding game, should make for some high tension, there.

Btw, I found myself wondering, what the specific reason you have, for hoping the roof will be open>:unsure:

So that fans outside can hear the cheers? Or does it help home run balls go farther? Or it's just too hot in there, with all those people, if it's closed? Or the sky and photography is beautiful? ...Or....Or.... :ROFLMAO:

Unless a storm is in the area, an open stadium roof feels more natural. Period. I feel that way about our football stadium too (NRG). But the powers that be feel they want to 'contain' the crowd noise. .. They feel it's an advantage for the home team ... but records show differently!
But they persist ....

I feel all the momentum today for game 7 is with the Nationals. ... and as my avatar sez ... BOO!

Quit watching or caring Sept. 14th 1994. For those who don't know, that was the year they canceled the world series because of a player strike. My thought is... if they didn't care and the money was all that was important, then why should I give a poo.

Quit watching or caring Sept. 14th 1994. For those who don't know, that was the year they canceled the world series because of a player strike. My thought is... if they didn't care and the money was all that was important, then why should I give a poo.
Me too, but after years I gave in, but when they went on strike at that time I said I'll never watch baseball again. p.s. I quit drinking a couple of times, but fell off the wagon, so I have been known to change my mind . I am proud of my quit smoking 20 years ago, but sneak a cigar and smoke my pipe, but don't inhale. GO CUBS!!

Politicians pulled it off,did they ever win series when they were Senators?
Think so, not enough motivation to goggle. Tris Speaker (sp)-1910,
think he played for Senator's...

I did not remember 1994, now I'm fussing with myself.
I remember being upset with Rangers when they got Alex Rodriquez, paying him way too much money while neglecting their farm system, current players on team...Not sure what year that was....

Last edited:
Go, Nats! This is (for once) a happy town, today! 😁

The last time a Washington, DC team won the World Series was in 1933. This year, as recently as May, their odds of winning the World Series were calculated at 1.5%. The best quote in today's Post was in Thomas Boswell's front page article:

HOUSTON — Pay attention to the Washington Nationals’ victory parade Saturday. Make sure those who ride in those cars and sit on that stage appear young and hearty.
Because if instead Anthony Rendon, Howie Kendrick, Juan Soto, Max Scherzer, Stephen Strasburg and 20 others appear to be elderly men, we will know they truly sold their souls to pull off this once-in-a-century triumph.

Back