Gonna watch it?

If so, who ya rootin' for?

I have a place in my heart for the series
with Grampa and Dad
...and Dizzy Dean with Peewee Reese
and the Yankees
and the Dodgers

Diz brought it;
"Diz, you've watched this pitcher out there for four innings, and he's doing a great job. What would you say he's been throwing out there?"
"Well Pee Wee, I have been watching him for four innings and I believe that's a baseball he's throwin."

...anyway, I have another place in my heart for the Astros, as I changed out beer kegs in the dome and the hall for a season

Gary, I remember as a kid growing up thinking there was only ONE baseball team ..😀... the Yankees, and of course Mickey Mantle..
.. that's all I knew when I was 8-12 yrs. old. Heck! ..that's all everyone talked about.
.. and I grew up in Cleveland Indians territory. .. go figure!

Trade posted a video of old ballplayers (not old to me)...
Way back in ancient times when the World Series were played in daylight
hours.
TV and commercials of razor blades, detergent, 'does she or doesn't she'
demanded night games (more viewers) changed all that.

Bonnie, Mickey Mantel was not the one Dodger Fan's feared, it was that
Damned, Yogie Berra (sp) hitting in a clutch situation.
Correct name is 'Damn Yankees' (Broadway musical and movie, ?)
Red Sox know correct name.
Yankees vs Red Sox, still get people worked up.

I read some mattress co. owner bet $3.5 million on Houston.

That would be this guy ... .Jim McIngvale ... He owns Gallery Furniture in Houston, and does stuff like this all the time!
iu

From Wikipedia ...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McIngvale

Go, Nats! This is (for once) a happy town, today! 😁

The last time a Washington, DC team won the World Series was in 1933. This year, as recently as May, their odds of winning the World Series were calculated at 1.5%. The best quote in today's Post was in Thomas Boswell's front page article:

HOUSTON — Pay attention to the Washington Nationals’ victory parade Saturday. Make sure those who ride in those cars and sit on that stage appear young and hearty.
Because if instead Anthony Rendon, Howie Kendrick, Juan Soto, Max Scherzer, Stephen Strasburg and 20 others appear to be elderly men, we will know they truly sold their souls to pull off this once-in-a-century triumph.
Good things happened in 1933. The Senators won the World Series and I was born. Somehow the Senators got more press than I. ☹

Trade posted a video of old ballplayers (not old to me)...

Bonnie, Mickey Mantel was not the one Dodger Fan's feared, it was that
Damned, Yogie Berra (sp) hitting in a clutch situation.
Correct name is 'Damn Yankees' (Broadway musical and movie, ?)
Red Sox know correct name.
Yankees vs Red Sox, still get people worked up.

The Yankee saga was most interesting back then

Last edited:
Gary, I remember as a kid growing up thinking there was only ONE baseball team ..😀... the Yankees, and of course Mickey Mantle..
.. that's all I knew when I was 8-12 yrs. old. Heck! ..that's all everyone talked about.
.. and I grew up in Cleveland Indians territory. .. go figure!
I would have thought that you would have focused on Cleveland's Bob Feller, one of the AL's best pitchers, 1936 - '56.

Back