Today feels like the last straw

In my line of work, a certain resilience and tough mindedness is required. Hopefully, I balance that with warmth and compassion, some vulnerability also. Sometimes, I weep, often I grieve for those who are too broken to heal, or suicide to escape unbearable pain. The

virus has caused so much anguish, on so many levels, to so many people, I have lost nine vets and three friends so far. But, I believe it is important to offer support where one can, either to clients, or frontline and essential workers. But today, I feel broken.I

am still recovering from injuries sustained when the son of one of my late female vets tossed me in the dumpster while I was taking out the garbage. I coped with the trauma, but barely. Today is a nightmare. I heard screaming coming from below my balcony. Vet

was standing there, totally distraught. I put on my mask and went outside, talked to him over the railing. He pulled out a gun, stuck it under his jaw, and pulled the trigger. I called the police, calmly dealt with them when they arrived. I am not ok. 😞

WOW, so tragic and so awful. Were you treating these people at your home? Is that how they knew where you lived? What injuries did you get from the dumpster? Did you press charges? You have to press charges against that guy, IMO.

Have you seen or talked to your therapist yet? You have to do this as well as you know. No one would be ok after going through this, it’s so sad for everyone involved. I am so sorry.

@Shalimar that was indeed a traumatic experience but on thinking about it from the Vet's skewed point of view
Maybe just maybe the Vet was in some small way relieved you were there near him at the end and he did not die alone
He cannot thank you but I can so my dear Shalimar thank you for making things a little easier for these troubled souls
God knows the world sure needs more caring people such as you 🤗

In my line of work, a certain resilience and tough mindedness is required. Hopefully, I balance that with warmth and compassion, some vulnerability also. Sometimes, I weep, often I grieve for those who are too broken to heal, or suicide to escape unbearable pain. The

virus has caused so much anguish, on so many levels, to so many people, I have lost nine vets and three friends so far. But, I believe it is important to offer support where one can, either to clients, or frontline and essential workers. But today, I feel broken.I

am still recovering from injuries sustained when the son of one of my late female vets tossed me in the dumpster while I was taking out the garbage. I coped with the trauma, but barely. Today is a nightmare. I heard screaming coming from below my balcony. Vet

was standing there, totally distraught. I put on my mask and went outside, talked to him over the railing. He pulled out a gun, stuck it under his jaw, and pulled the trigger. I called the police, calmly dealt with them when they arrived. I am not ok. 😞
Oh Shalimar!!! OMG!!! ((((Shalimar)))). Honey, I am so sorry you had to witness this!!!!! I hope YOU get some help dealing with this...talk about PTSD! I will be saying prayers for you on my end... I don’t think you really believe in them, but I do. It will make me feel better to do something, and they surely can’t hurt you any 💕. My heart is with you kiddo...and the Vet as well. Take care and get the help needed as soon as you can ❤️

Back