Tomatoes in your mac & cheese or not?

My mother used to add canned tomatoes to mac & cheese, too. I thought we were the only family in the world that had home made mac & cheese...and with tomatoes. I guess it's because Kraft Dinner would taste pretty fugly with tomatoes added? Does anybody actually make mac & cheese from scratch anymore?

I never had mac and cheese growing up. My Mom called it baked macaroni. She put it in a casserole dish,sprinkled with bread crumbs and dotted with butter. Popped it in the oven. The top got so golden brown and crusty with the crumbs and cheese. We never had it as a stand alone dish,always as a side. My Dad and I would grab as much of the top as possible when scooping it out.

I never had mac and cheese growing up. My Mom called it baked macaroni. She put it in a casserole dish,sprinkled with bread crumbs and dotted with butter. Popped it in the oven. The top got so golden brown and crusty with the crumbs and cheese. We never had it as a stand alone dish,always as a side. My Dad and I would grab as much of the top as possible when scooping it out.
My mom made it the same way and I loved it!

Back