Transitioning to Veganism/Vegetarianism

I've been trying to find ways to eat the veggies and fruit that won't be a problem. Sometimes I have to do canned or frozen or par-cook stuff to be able to chew it. Full set of dentures.

Yes, the sun golds are soooo sweet. We have a very long tomato season. Our plants produce throughout the summer and then have a second, much smaller crop in October - November.

Living in So Cal means an incredibly good stream of very reasonably priced produce year-round because of our proximity to Mexico, Central & (northern) South America, and most especially California's Central Valley (which provides about half our nation's half of the fruits, vegetables and nuts).

Believe me, I'm grateful.
Yes. You live in a wonderful place especially for a vegetarian. 🥰 👍

I've been trying to find ways to eat the veggies and fruit that won't be a problem. Sometimes I have to do canned or frozen or par-cook stuff to be able to chew it. Full set of dentures.
Frozen is a great substitute or steaming veggies in the microwave. Sometimes I have a bowl of noodles and add a bunch steamed veggies to it and use a sauce like VH’s Mango Curry. It’s what I’m having now. Yummmm.

One thing I’ve noticed in the last month is how much hair I’ve lost. My hair has thinned out substantially so in the last two days I’ve had canned tuna. I’m assuming it’s the lack of protein and possibly too many carbs. Any thoughts from others? It’s a lot of hair loss. Found my answer thanks.

https://www.ahlc.org/go-vegan-without-losing-hair/
Chai seeds? Do you cook with those?

Chai seeds? Do you cook with those?
I’ve got those and hemp seeds. It’s going to take some adjusting to get the right amount of protein so I’ve slacked off slightly on the complete vegan diet until I find some better sources of protein without relying on soy.

Im not willing to lose my hair so I’ll need to comprise. Today I made quinoa, chickpea and coconut flour pancakes with a real egg and they were delicious. That’s packed with protein.
Since I don’t like pancake syrup or soggy pancakes, I don’t make them sweet.

This afternoon I’m going kayaking and I hope to take some photos. It’s got nothing to do with the topic but that’s ok.

But do you cook with them or just eat them?
Cook with them. I’ve put chia seeds in smoothies but it turns the texture into something I can’t handle. 🤢 I add hemp hearts to stir fry’s ar the end of cooking along with sesame seeds and chia seeds in things like flat breads and sweet breads.
One thing I definitely noticed was my energy level started decreasing and it’s definitely from a lack of protein so I’ve tweaked my diet to make up for this.
The kayaking yesterday sure took off a huge amount of calories. I’m getting back to being fit.

Yesterday, our son and his wife dropped by for a masked, outdoor, socially distant Father's Day visit. Both vegans, their gift to DH included the most amazing ice cream bars. Coconut Bliss. Heaven on a popsicle stick!
https://coconutbliss.com/
That sounds like a wonderful time. We went out kayaking yesterday so we could be with our dogs today on Father’s Day. That’s one thing I missed was having them with me/us. They are almost always with me so it felt strange not having them.

We have that brand in our stores. It’s quite good . I’ve not tried the bars though. They look delicious. This kind has been my favourite lately but I’m a real fan of key lime flavour as well. I’m a huge treat fan. 😋

9FFA3297-E654-428A-91B9-604CC14D997A.jpeg
E3FDD650-B5C6-4BC2-8B26-72C5782E4728.jpeg

That sounds like a wonderful time. We went out kayaking yesterday so we could be with our dogs today on Father’s Day. That’s one thing I missed was having them with me/us. They are almost always with me so it felt strange not having them.

We have that brand in our stores. It’s quite good . I’ve not tried the bars though. They look delicious. This kind has been my favourite lately but I’m a real fan of key lime flavour as well. I’m a huge treat fan. 😋

View attachment 110437
View attachment 110441
Those look scrumptious. I believe our Sprouts market carries So Delicious ice creams. If not, some other local grocers surely do. Los Angeles has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to plant based foods. :love:

Been a while since I checked in with you. How's this new diet going?

Back