Travis O’Brien and Nicole Jackson

mellowyellow

kids.jpeg

Travis O’Brien and Nicole Jackson allegedly used the guns to shoot at police officers.
The pair were charged with armed burglary and attempted murder of law enforcement officers, the station reported.

Makes me wonder how kids this young get to hate so much.

I think once kids get to high school, no matter whether it's private or public, you've lost them. Parents have absolutely no idea what's going on in the mind of their teen, you just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best IMO.

They thought it would be cool to be thugs since life is so boring. Now they should miss boring. Unless adult dopes step in and claim they are just young kids with their whole lives before them and don't let the law come down hard on them.
I think they should be in a rehabilitation (attitude adjustment) program while they're behind bars, though. I believe some young offenders can be saved.

If parents aren't attentive to the child's development, right from the start and if their messaging to the kid isn't consistent to the child from day 1, then the kid is lost. Have you ever seen a child who isn't testing the limits from day 1? It has been that way forever.
There's a lot less good parenting these days. How can you raise a child when you yourself are a self-entitled parent who's never had to sacrifice or work hard to achieve the truly important things in life. You love your children but wanting them to have a better, easier life than you had seems to create more problems, generation to generation, than it solves perhaps?

... You love your children but wanting them to have a better, easier life than you had seems to create more problems, generation to generation, than it solves perhaps?
Too many young parents these days seem focused only on what they want. They seem to think that children aren't thinking beings at all, and that their actions have no effect on their kids whatsoever.

Both kids have an "extensive mental health history." And they lived in foster homes. We don't know how they were treated, but we do know what goes on in some foster homes.
yes it's often written about abuse in foster homes ( my own mother was a victim in the orphanage where she was raised).. however the honest truth from me is that on several occasions I was in foster care as a child, and I was treated better than I was at home...

Kids, who perform armed robberies, and shooting at cops aren't usually up for the Nobel Peace Prize, when they mature. Sadly, these kids will live out their lives confined to penal institutions. However they got to this point, they are way too dangerous to be ever unsupervised.
My sentiment to a T!

Too dangerous to ever smell or taste freedom ever again!

Two words... lethal injection!

I am so sick and tired of the young offenders act!

Who knows the true backstory of these children? If they have mental health issues, this may speak to child abuse. They may very well be deemed permanently unsuitable for release, far too dangerous to walk among us. Their youth does raise some questions, also. I hope every effort is made to unravel the mystery of why they perpetrated such crimes.

We need as much knowledge as possible, in order to learn ways in which we can hopefully lesson the chances of such behaviours happening again. I also hope these kids have the opportunity for mental health services while in jail.

My sentiment to a T!

Too dangerous to ever smell or taste freedom ever again!

Two words... lethal injection!

I am so sick and tired of the young offenders act!
While I can certainly understand your rage and pain, I stop far short of capital punishment re anyone, particularly children. It is barbaric, and has never been proven to deter anyone. A revenge society is not a democratic/just society

If, Divine forbid, our country ever considers reinstating the abomination of Gov’t sanctioned murder, Canadians from across the board will fill the streets to protest. We will embrace civil disobedience, go to jail, whatever it takes. This is not my Canada. 🇨🇦

Last edited:
While I can certainly understand your rage and pain, I stop far short of capital punishment re anyone, particularly children. It is barbaric, and has never been proven to deter anyone. A revenge society is not a democracy. If, Divine

forbid, our country ever considers reinstating the abomination of Gov’t sanctioned murder, Canadians from across the board will fill the streets to protest. We will embrace civil disobedience, go to jail, whatever it takes. This is not my Canada.
I will never be in support of coddling evil regardless of age.

While I can certainly understand your rage and pain, I stop far short of capital punishment re anyone, particularly children. It is barbaric, and has never been proven to deter anyone. A revenge society is not a democracy. If, Divine

forbid, our country ever considers reinstating the abomination of Gov’t sanctioned murder, Canadians from across the board will fill the streets to protest. We will embrace civil disobedience, go to jail, whatever it takes. This is not my Canada. 🇨🇦

I'm with you. I'm very conservative on many issues but don't buy into capital punishment at all. It flunks many legal, ethical and practical tests as far as I'm concerned.

This is a shocking story, but these are abused, "dead end" foster kids. They shouldn't have done what they did but the system (and the adults in their lives) failed them at every level.

At this point, we do not know why these children did as they did.
How do we know these children are evil? They may be so traumatised by their experiences in foster care etc, that they are in the throes of CPTSD. In that state, people of all ages can commit violent acts. Children would have even

less control of their impulses than traumatised adults would. What they did was terribly wrong, but evil is a whole other ball game. Ted Bundy was evil. Paedophiles who rape, torture, kill children are evil.

At this point, we do not know why these children did as they did.

How do we know these children are evil? They may be so traumatised by their experiences in foster care etc, that they are in the throes of CPTSD. In that state, people of all ages can commit violent acts. Children would have even

less control of their impulses than traumatised adults would. What they did was terribly wrong, but evil is a whole other ball game. Ted Bundy was evil. Paedophiles who rape, torture, kill children are evil.
You can slice it any way you like, they're evil in my eyes.

That's the problem with society today, looking past the true problem in an attempt to find an underlying problem dating way back to excuse evil acts and behaviour of today.

It doesn't wash with me, nor do I buy into that sort of mentality.

Capital punishment is barbaric, and should have been banned years ago. It has never worked as a deterrent; the countries that still practice this ancient form of vengeance have the highest crime rates. All it does is make those in favor of it feel smug.

And after DNA testing proved that many of the people on death row (many black men in Texas) were in fact innocent, that alone should have been enough to get the practice banned.

Life without parole ought to be enough of a punishment, it seems to me.

You can slice it any way you like, they're evil in my eyes.

That's the problem with society today, looking past the true problem in an attempt to find an underlying problem dating way back to excuse evil acts and behaviour of today.

It doesn't wash with me, nor do I buy into that sort of mentality.
I am terrified to think under the society you envision, what would happen to the unmedicated mentally ill, the veterans suffering from PTSD, or abused individuals pushed to the edge by rapists, domestic violence etc, who

sometimes snap and commit acts of violence because the system has failed them. Yes, there are consequences to such acts, but to label all such as evil, with respect, I disagree. During Middle Ages, hungry children were hung for

stealing a loaf of bread. During nineteenth century, barefoot children were jailed and beaten, half starved for stealing food, or shoes to protect their feet during the winter. During the Depression, one mother, unable to pay the rent, sold her children. No one did anything to prevent it. Those were not the good old days.

Last edited:
Who knows the true backstory of these children? If they have mental health issues, this may speak to child abuse. They may very well be deemed permanently unsuitable for release, far too dangerous to walk among us. Their youth does raise some questions, also. I hope every effort is made to unravel the mystery of why they perpetrated such crimes.

We need as much knowledge as possible, in order to learn ways in which we can hopefully lesson the chances of such behaviours happening again. I also hope these kids have the opportunity for mental health services while in jail.
It's unlikely the kids will ever get any help. These days, there is no funding for mental health. In my area, many homeless people with mental health issues are roaming the streets everywhere, endangering everyone. Including "Nice" neighborhoods with 5 - 10 million dollar homes.

A twelve year-old's brain isn't even fully developed yet. With the right therapy and a good home there's a decent chance they both could turn into good citizens.

The person I would like to see in jail, for a while, is the adult who allowed his AK-47 to end up in a child's hands.

A twelve year-old's brain isn't even fully developed yet. With the right therapy and a good home there's a decent chance they both could turn into good citizens.

The person I would like to see in jail, for a while, is the adult who allowed his AK-47 to end up in a child's hands.
Agree 100%. Anyone who leaves a gun lying around or "Hidden" is irresponsible & stupid. There are quick-access lock boxes available for both handguns & rifles.
Mine are in these:
original pistol box

Back