Trying again... I hate to think that I went down without a fight...

I think I would find it very daunting after spilling my guts on a new forum to read all the doubts posted here. I understand people have opinions, and a right to them, but my concern is the damage such voiced concerns can cause a person already in crisis. I have been that vulnerable. Words have power.

My Lady,

Your concern is touching. But please worry not. I am a "big boy" and as I have I said already, one has to try really hard to offend me. People have the right to be cautious. It's their defense mechanism. I hope that in time I will be given a fair chance to prove to them that I am as real and as genuine as one can be.

Always grateful for your support! 🤗

I’ve got no idea what time it would be in Cyprus ..just curious cause I’m another Aussie
I play games on another site and my game playing mates say good nite after a few games …..and I usually say WHAT it’s only mid morning and you are going to bed :ROFLMAO:

The time now is 09:10 (or 9:10 am). What games do you play? :)

The time now is 09:10 (or 9:10 am). What games do you play? :)
The same as the games thread on here , you never know you may like to get involved in the games section but you don’t know unless you take a peek

You are still too new to be playing matchmaker. New chums rush in where the ice is too thin and wind up taking a cold shower. How's that for a mixed metaphor?

I'm not trying to play matchmaker Auntie. I'm trying to bring peace. Peace in the forum translates to my peace of mind. And if the price is a risk of a cold shower... I'm ready for it. :)

Three time zones in Winter and a mosaic of zones in Summer.
Australia is sometimes referred to as the WIDE brown land.

I'm on Eastern Standard Time, Central Australia is half an hour behind that and Perth in the west is 2 hours behind Sydney. Because of the very different time zones of members of this forum I use the world clock in the phone to work out who's likely to be awake and who should be asleep. I've recently added Nicosia so I can nag you to go to bed. :sleep:

Butt out. Check!
No, I get where you were going
Rather noble
.....and I appreciate that

Seems my own words have upset a person or two
What do you hope to achieve by taking swipes at Shalimar? She doesn't do that to you.
Not worth it to me to tiptoe around, trying not to upset anyone

I meant......you two play.....enjoy....have fun

That's all (no hidden agenda....no underlying crap)

GEEEEZE

No, I get where you were going
Rather noble
.....and I appreciate that

Seems my own words have upset a person or two

Not worth it to me to tiptoe around, trying not to upset anyone

I meant......you two play.....enjoy....have fun

That's all (no hidden agenda....no underlying crap)

GEEEEZE
You may say I'm a dreamer....

Australia spans over two time zones? (I know I could google it but...)
Technically 3 ….however daylight saving changes some
For example look at this photo ….this is where we normally go for a month each winter however We’ve stayed home for 2 winters now ..no need to explain why .

This area is called Tweed Heads New South Wales ( see photo ….road has no painted pedestrian crossing )
Other side ( shops ) is Queensland

The trees are the boundary

In Summer there is an hours time difference depending in which side of the road your on
Cause Qld refuses to participate in DS

DBAE1D4E-505F-4B93-B2CF-93CC9DE9C4F1.jpeg

Technically 3 ….however daylight saving changes some
For example look at this photo ….this is where we normally go for a month each winter however We’ve stayed home for 2 winters now ..no need to explain why .

This area is called Tweed Heads New South Wales ( see photo ….road has no painted pedestrian crossing )
Other side ( shops ) is Queensland

The trees are the boundary

In Summer there is an hours time difference depending in which side of the road your on
Cause Qld refuses to participate in DS

View attachment 176313

These Romans are crazy! - Obelix

Thank you for the info!

Heal yourself first.

Do you know what a new chum is?
It is an old Australian term for a newly arrived Englishman in the Outback who doesn't understand the land and its hazards. New chums tend to get into all kinds of trouble until they acquire a minimum of local knowledge.

New Chum -
1 A newly arrived immigrant; a new arrival to an area. Now chiefly historical.
2 A novice, newcomer, or beginner; a person inexperienced in a particular occupation, activity, etc.

Last edited:
Heal yourself first.

It is an old Australian term for a newly arrived Englishman in the Outback who doesn't understand the land and its hazard. New chums tend to get into all kinds of trouble until they acquire a minimum of local knowledge.

New Chum -
2 A novice, newcomer, or beginner; a person inexperienced in a particular occupation, activity, etc.

Do you really think that the Earth should stop spinning until Mr. Unreal heals himself? :p

Heal yourself first.

It is an old Australian term for a newly arrived Englishman in the Outback who doesn't understand the land and its hazard. New chums tend to get into all kinds of trouble until they acquire a minimum of local knowledge.

New Chum -
We will have @CAKCy speaking like a Aussie soon :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back