Two LA deputies shot , ambush style

"That was a cowardly act," Sheriff Alex Villanueva said. "The two deputies were doing their job, minding their own business, watching out for the safety of the people on the train."

"To see somebody just walk up and start shooting on them. It p*$$es me off. It dismays me at the same time. There's no pretty way to say it."

Welcome to the real world, sheriff, villaneuva, the same world where innocent people die at the hands of cops, and that just so happens to p*$# me off, too!

And just like yourself sheriff, villaneuva, there is no pretty way to say it, other than for me to say it like it is!

"That was a cowardly act," Sheriff Alex Villanueva said. "The two deputies were doing their job, minding their own business, watching out for the safety of the people on the train."

"To see somebody just walk up and start shooting on them. It p*$$es me off. It dismays me at the same time. There's no pretty way to say it."

Welcome to the real world, sheriff, villaneuva, the same world where innocent people die at the hands of cops, and that just so happens to p*$# me off, too!

And just like yourself sheriff, villaneuva, there is no pretty way to say it, other than for me to say it like it is!
I'm fairly certain "cop-haters" would have an entirely different viewpoint if their kids were out there in harm's way on a regular basis...........

"Welcome to the real world, sheriff, villaneuva, the same world where innocent people die at the hands of cops, and that just so happens to p*$# me off, too!"

It P/O's me too. Article doesn't say if officer's were black, white or pink with purple polka dots, doesn't matter they were not personally harming anyone that we know of or have in the past.

I have to assume the shooter was only interested in inflaming an already volatile race relationship with law enforcement. Some idiots want a race war and will do anything to make it happen. So sad.

We need change yes.....but none of this is moving forward to achieve that change. :cry:

"Welcome to the real world, sheriff, villaneuva, the same world where innocent people die at the hands of cops, and that just so happens to p*$# me off, too!"

It P/O's me too. Article doesn't say if officer's were black, white or pink with purple polka dots, doesn't matter they were not personally harming anyone that we know of or have in the past.

I have to assume the shooter was only interested in inflaming an already volatile race relationship with law enforcement. Some idiots want a race war and will do anything to make it happen. So sad.

We need change yes.....but none of this is moving forward to achieve that change. :cry:
Indeed, I noticed that, too.

Absolutely disgusting, but not the first time and won't be the last.

When I worked in EMS, which emergency medical services wasn't called that back in the 70's, part of the areas I covered was Compton, Watts, South Central/Los Angeles. I would get calls from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. The officers were super nice! But, back then, there was much more crime in the city of Los Angeles than in Compton, Watts or South Central.

Actually, I was very lucky..........my ambulance partner was a black dude named Judd who lived in Compton. One great guy to work with!

We live in an extraordinarily violent society where too many members are armed to the teeth and think nothing of snuffing out other lives.

Police, military, corporations, leadership, and the general public have plenty of innocent blood on their hands. When we say "human life is sacred," I've noticed we place the most value on the lives we know and those of our "tribe." Whatever that tribe happens to be.

Diversity and inclusion expands those tribes, helping us understand and value more lives.

Just as racists punish innocent "others" with ugly prejudice, people who hate or fear law enforcement punish innocent police officers. This is a tragedy for those officers, their families, and the entire Compton community.

We haven’t seen nothing yet. Here’s another person of color being shot by a city cop over the weekend. The cop was called for a domestic violence incident and the man ran at the cop cursing and holding a knife in the air. You be the judge.

Lancaster, PA

Cops sometimes overreact or act badly when confronted with difficult situations. They may not be well trained, they may be racist, they may just be human. There are a number of possible solutions, including better screening of personnel, better training, and attacking root causes such as poverty and inequality.

I don't know of any cops who have walked up to random citizens and opened fire. This is a disgusting act and the behavior of the idiots at the hospital is just as bad.

The question I ask myself is, when you do something like this (shoot a cop, burn down a store, scream at someone eating dinner) do you think you are helping convert me to your way of thinking?

The question I ask myself is, when you do something like this (shoot a cop, burn down a store, scream at someone eating dinner) do you think you are helping convert me to your way of thinking?

Quite the opposite, IMO. Every time I see these riots and unruly protests taking place, I become more convinced that these stupid lawbreakers deserve any and all punishment the law allows.
There is a Real Simple solution to eliminating the vast majority of police related shootings, IMO, Obey the Laws.

Last edited:
Cops sometimes overreact or act badly when confronted with difficult situations. They may not be well trained, they may be racist, they may just be human. There are a number of possible solutions, including better screening of personnel, better training, and attacking root causes such as poverty and inequality.

I don't know of any cops who have walked up to random citizens and opened fire. This is a disgusting act and the behavior of the idiots at the hospital is just as bad.

If you're anything like me, no, but what I get a charge out of, is I seem to pick-up on a general notion that when it comes to the shooting of a police officer by someone in the general public, everyone get's all up in arms over it, but when a police officer shoots someone in an unauthorized fashion, the general public should clap their hands.

My rage for police brutality and corruption is stratospheric, and I will not for a second, dilute or downplay my outright love of, an eye for an eye.

Last edited:
Can anyone recall such hatred being spewed during previous administrations? Since the end of WWII when I became an adult, I've never seen or heard the acts of hatred and divisiveness carried to the extent that it is today.

If we continue to carry on in this fashion we'll soon have neighbors and family members gunning each other down, AND have it sanctioned by our leaders if it allows them to gain or remain in office. The hate card is becoming the best card in the deck for gaining votes.

If you're anything like me, no, but what I get a charge out of, is I seem to pick-up on a general notion that when it comes to the shooting of a police officer by someone in the general public, everyone get's all up in arms over it, but when a police officer shoots someone in an unauthorized fashion, the general public should clap their hands.

My rage for police brutality and corruption is stratospheric, and I will not for a second, dilute or downplay my outright love of, an eye for an eye.

Emphasis mine

At least you're honest. Scary, but honest.

The Psychology of Revenge

Excerpt:

As Kevin M. Carlsmith, Timothy D. Wilson, and Daniel T. Gilbert note, anecdotally, people tend to believe that retribution of some kind effectively releases the tension and anger someone feels toward the transgressor and his action, and that payback helps to assuage negative emotions, supplanting them with positive ones. But, in their own studies, while participants thought they’d feel better after exacting revenge, the researchers found the very opposite. It wasn’t just that punishing the transgressor didn’t provide a release but that it in fact made participants focus on and ruminate about both the transgressor and the transgression more, especially if the person had taken revenge himself rather than simply witnessing it.​
The last sentence is why it's good to let the legal system--flawed though it may be--handle it rather than slamming the sheriff condemning the shootings. Two wrongs have never made a right.

We haven’t seen nothing yet. Here’s another person of color being shot by a city cop over the weekend. The cop was called for a domestic violence incident and the man ran at the cop cursing and holding a knife in the air. You be the judge.

Lancaster, PA
NO ONE in their right mind disapproves of an officer's actions in situations like that. Those are not the incidents that generate hatred for law enforcement.

So is mine. The hatred for police officers is understandable.
And, no, I do not condone expressing it by randomly shooting anyone. But there are people who will & I wish bad cops would think about that before they commit murder.
Example: (5 officers killed, 9 wounded)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

So is mine. The hatred for police officers is understandable.
And, no, I do not condone expressing it by randomly shooting anyone. But there are people who will & I wish bad cops would think about that before they commit murder.
Example: (5 officers killed, 9 wounded)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers
A sensational shooting that was. I remember it well.

I really like your words... "I do not condone expressing it by randomly shooting anyone. But there are people who will & I wish bad cops would think about that before they commit murder".

I absolutely 100% agree.

I must quote Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot: "Murder is a sign of a wounded soul."

I like the quote, but do not think it applies to the social climate were currently involved.

There are a lot of wounded souls in our nation, that does not mean killing another person is acceptable.

There is a division between murder and killing; I strongly support the police, but they need to
adjust their behavior.
We must decide are the cop killing a matter of their own safety or are they killing people.
I fear it involves both categories.

Back