UFO Over N.J. Slows and Stops Traffic

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
Of course an unbelievable explanation was provided as to what it was....the Goodyear blimp. First of all, I've seen the Goodyear blimp several times. This thing looks nothing like it, no words are emblazoned on it and it's not even the same shape. Some speculate it's a secret government ship or new type of drone. Watch the video and you'll see it is standing still and further down there's a picture of the Goodyear blimp, clearly two different objects. Another person who spoke in Spanish also posted a video about this event from a different vantage point. It was hovering over the MetLife Stadium in Rutherford.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/12672965/ufo-sighting-new-jersey-video/

Of course an unbelievable explanation was provided as to what it was....the Goodyear blimp. First of all, I've seen the Goodyear blimp several times. This thing looks nothing like it, no words are emblazoned on it and it's not even the same shape. Some speculate it's a secret government ship or new type of drone. Watch the video and you'll see it is standing still and further down there's a picture of the Goodyear blimp, clearly two different objects. Another person who spoke in Spanish also posted a video about this event from a different vantage point. It was hovering over the MetLife Stadium in Rutherford.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/12672965/ufo-sighting-new-jersey-video/
Fascinating!

I live for the likes of stuff as this!

HOW HARD IS IT TO HOLD ONES CAMERA STEADY! :mad:

As usual with UFO claims, the video is of such low quality that you really can't tell what you are looking at. However, although it's a low resolution, poorly focused, shaky image, the object is the correct shape for a blimp, and it has lights going on and off on the bottom just like the Goodyear blimp does. Furthermore, Goodyear has confirmed that it was their blimp.

As usual with UFO claims, the video is of such low quality that you really can't tell what you are looking at. However, although it's a low resolution, poorly focused, shaky image, the object is the correct shape for a blimp, and it has lights going on and off on the bottom just like the Goodyear blimp does. Furthermore, Goodyear has confirmed that it was their blimp.
My first thought, too!

Looks pretty obvious that it is the G/Y blimp, but I suppose in this time of "not much to do" .......it becomes a UFO ..... LOL!!

With all of the secret cover-ups and lying that goes on, I typically don't buy into the nonsensical excuses we hear, that being, "it was a weather balloon", or "it was a blimp", or "it was a new plane being tested".

In this case it actually does look like a blimp after further examining the footage.

With all this talk of UFOs and it being an election year, how about a new slogan:

Make American strange again. Welcome to the new Roswell. :)

I have only met two people in my life who have real UFO stories. Both were engineers and very level-headed people. Neither of these people knew the other. One was a co-worker and the other was retired from Honeywell, a neighbor in our condo association who has since died. Each of these guys, when telling their respective stories never claimed what they saw was from space or alien in nature.

The retired guy saw a disc over the tree tops in Seattle in 1947. He said that the next day, the paper listed over 1200 people who saw it. All he could say was that everybody thought it was something the military had developed for WWII, but that he never saw anything fly like that ever again.

The co-worker and a couple of his buddies in high school saw these glowing balls and when he described them, they exactly matched the description of what were called "Foo Fighters" as seen by fighter pilots during WWII. I found lots about these via google search. Here are two examples:

https://www.history.com/news/wwii-ufos-allied-airmen-orange-lights-foo-fighters

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/foo-fighters-learn-to-fly-ufos.html

Other than these two people, I only have heard the over-the-top stories and have no connection to any of that.

Tony

Well, it WAS an unidentified flying object.....until it was identified......….as the Goodyear blimp. I would think that the fact that Goodyear said it was their blimp should settle the matter.

I've seen the blimp a lot of times (and even took a flight around town in it once) and it sure looks like one to me.

As fuzzy as the video was, it could have been Rush Limbaugh up there floating around. He has enough hot air to do it.

With all this talk of UFOs and it being an election year, how about a new slogan:

Make American strange again. Welcome to the new Roswell. :)

I have only met two people in my life who have real UFO stories. Both were engineers and very level-headed people. Neither of these people knew the other. One was a co-worker and the other was retired from Honeywell, a neighbor in our condo association who has since died. Each of these guys, when telling their respective stories never claimed what they saw was from space or alien in nature.

The retired guy saw a disc over the tree tops in Seattle in 1947. He said that the next day, the paper listed over 1200 people who saw it. All he could say was that everybody thought it was something the military had developed for WWII, but that he never saw anything fly like that ever again.

The co-worker and a couple of his buddies in high school saw these glowing balls and when he described them, they exactly matched the description of what were called "Foo Fighters" as seen by fighter pilots during WWII. I found lots about these via google search. Here are two examples:

https://www.history.com/news/wwii-ufos-allied-airmen-orange-lights-foo-fighters

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/foo-fighters-learn-to-fly-ufos.html

Other than these two people, I only have heard the over-the-top stories and have no connection to any of that.

Tony
I have watch a lot of UFO documentaries, many with very credible witnesses (ex-military and commercial pilots, military that had some sort of high clearances, governors and officials from both the U.S. and other countries). Many feel to not take this seriously is a potential threat to our safety.

I have watch a lot of UFO documentaries, many with very credible witnesses (ex-military and commercial pilots, military that had some sort of high clearances, governors and officials from both the U.S. and other countries). Many feel to not take this seriously is a potential threat to our safety.

It would be foolhardy of me to state as a fact that none of these sightings is true or false either way. I always have to come back to what is it that I REALLY know for a fact? There is simply too much that I don't know, and I have to respect that.

In my case, I have never seen a UFO and have only met two people whom I personally know who have seen them. There may well be many more credible witnesses. Unfortunately, so much of what grabs the media's attention is stuff that is exciting and (to me) over the top. I suspect that if I were to meet more people who have actually seen UFO's, they would probably sound very much like the two people I personally know - completely rational and without hysteria, and perfectly willing to state that they have no idea what it is that they saw, hence, unidentified.

Edit: I do believe that the best way to discredit any and all UFO sightings is to create a level of hysteria so that it all has an aura of "kookiness" to it. So, I would conclude that there is a possibility to the idea that there may well be orchestrated rhyme and reason to what the media feeds us regarding UFOs, and the result is that we collectively do not take this seriously. Outright flat denial that UFOs exist by anybody in an authoritative capacity would only serve to make people wonder what it is they are hiding from us. So to me, the way it is generally presented in the media and perceived by the public, makes perfect sense.

Tony

Last edited:
There were a couple of youtube videos very similar to the previous poster's video just a few months ago as the result of files on these kinds of sightings by military pilots being open to the public through the Freedom of Information Act. The one thing I find curious is that there was no sonic boom. I remember hearing those a few times a week growing up in Los Angeles as planes flew out of Edwards AFB in the desert. How do these things remain so silent while accelerating at such high speeds?

By the way, those high speeds and flying unlike anything ever seen before or since were very much a part of the descriptions from the two guys I know that I mentioned in a previous post.

Tony

Back