Unvaxxed discrimination?

Between the vaccines and the Russia-Ukraine war, I did pretty good in the market. A friend if mine is a high market trader, meaning that he buys large blocks of stocks when he buys. When the government first started talking about shutting the country down, he advised me to buy as much gaming stocks as I could. The first one that came to mind was Nvidia. I just kept buying it and buying it. Between Pfizer, Microsoft, Nvidia and Amazon, I could have retired in those 2 1/2 years, if I already wasn’t.

People ( we were told were experts) made decisions and rules and whatever based on small bits of ever changing information......
that have been proven to not always be accurate..... i think we can all understand that .........
NOW with 20/20 hindsight and more information ....... some are twisting things like crazy to say they were not wrong .... and those who bought into whatever was peddled support total hypocrisy
i want people to stick by their words and decisions and not pretend they did not say things.......

guess who in recent interview asked people to show even ONE school he personally shut down ........ it was his words and suggestions that total shutdown was needed ......... same person who admits masks probably were about 10% effective ........ but that needed to be mandated........ Masks caused all the insane fights and even deaths over a possible 10% protection.

The fall out between ordinary people .... the divisiveness caused friendships or family lost over debates on masks etc... lingers.
the "OOPs maybe we were wrong.." barely helps................................ but the steadfast denying of what was said or done is keeping embers of discord smoldering.
Being Mature is admitting errors off limited information ............and taking the backlash ..................not changing the story to make it seem you were blameless that is adolescent at best.
Maturity was lacking throughout the whole situation

The fall out between ordinary people .... the divisiveness caused friendships or family lost over debates on masks etc... lingers.
I managed to avoid that one. I have lots of friends and family on both sides of this, I tried to convince some of what I thought was right, but not to the point of divisiveness or lost friendships. Never seemed worth that to me.

In Pfizer's clinical trials 23% of the vaccinated ended up with a vaccine injury as compared to the placebo group. Now all cause mortality is up 23% in the vaccinated. Coincidence?
Sorry Chic, but the way you expressed that does not make sense in that it is too vague.

"23% of the vaccinated ended up with a vaccine injury as compared with the placebo group"
What was the placebo group given? Nothing? An injection of sterile salt water? Which vaccine was being tested, and is it still in use now? What vaccine injury or injuries were recorded?

I am dubious about the convenient figures of 23%.

"Now all cause mortality is up 23% in the vaccinated" . Are we still talking about the people in the clinical trials or in the general population, assuming that the death certificates recorded vaccination status which is highly unlikely.

It would be significant if the same people who suffered "a vaccine injury" later died. I think that is highly unlikely. Can you confirm that this was the case?

My thinking is that some, or all, of this claim of injury and/or death has little to do with any actual clinical trial results. Sounds too neat to be true.

Sorry Chic, but the way you expressed that does not make sense in that it is too vague.

"23% of the vaccinated ended up with a vaccine injury as compared with the placebo group"
What was the placebo group given? Nothing? An injection of sterile salt water? Which vaccine was being tested, and is it still in use now? What vaccine injury or injuries were recorded?

I am dubious about the convenient figures of 23%.

"Now all cause mortality is up 23% in the vaccinated" . Are we still talking about the people in the clinical trials or in the general population, assuming that the death certificates recorded vaccination status which is highly unlikely.

It would be significant if the same people who suffered "a vaccine injury" later died. I think that is highly unlikely. Can you confirm that this was the case?

My thinking is that some, or all, of this claim of injury and/or death has little to do with any actual clinical trial results. Sounds too neat to be true.
It is hard to evaluate the claims in @chic 's post without citation to sources. I doubt that Chic makes this up, but as you say the wording and meaning is a bit confusing.

As to the "23% of the vaccinated ended up with a vaccine injury as compared with the placebo group" claim, if she is talking about sore arms and related reactions then this could be right. Studies have shown that people who get the vaccine are more likely to have sore arms and some flu like symptoms than people who get a placebo injection. This is probably true of most vaccinations. However it does not lead to true "injury" and certainly not death in but a very small fraction of cases. Studies have generally shown this risk is lower than the risk of getting Covid.

As to the "Now all cause mortality is up 23% in the vaccinated" claim, this one is confusing. What really matters is all cause mortality rates vaccinated vs unvaccinated. It is not at all clear this is what Chic is talking about. If in fact credible data showed all cause mortality to be higher for the vaccinated that would be important, but I can't find evidence of that. In fact the best large population epidemiological studies show the opposite. All cause mortality is lower for the vaccinated as compared to unvaccinated. Not by a large margin. We have discussed this here before, and I cited the studies and data to support what I just said here in previous posts. Will not do it again. If there is some new information that contradicts what I just said I would really like to see it, but I cannot find it.

My mother died from it in Dec of 2021.
I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.

We (husband and I) both got it, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the flu, and we're still here. A few weeks of feeling kind of cruddy, slightly feverish, and coughing. And we're elderly, and I'm diabetic and ::cough:: not so slim. Just sayin'.

No vaccinations (there wasn't one at the time).

Not saying our choice must or should be anyone else's choice. Just telling our story.

We (husband and I) both got it, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the flu, and we're still here. A few weeks of feeling kind of cruddy, slightly feverish, and coughing. And we're elderly, and I'm diabetic and ::cough:: not so slim. Just sayin'.

No vaccinations (there wasn't one at the time).

Not saying our choice must or should be anyone else's choice. Just telling our story.

If/when I catch it I shall hope to develop a case such as you went through. Of course now no one need go through it because there is no vaccine. Plenty of that to go around now. But I still mask indoors to avoid contagion because I live with someone who has lost the ability to recover and I don't want to be the vector that takes her out. Besides they still don't know why some get long Covid and some just get flu like symptoms and I don't bank on winning the lottery.

People choose to wear masks either in public places or outside or both and people decide not to be vaccinated. That is an individual choice that each person chooses for themselves. This is not the problem. Each person should also respect the other person's choice of what they decide on their own. This is the problem. It isn't about whether someone chooses to wear a mask or someone chooses to not be vaccinated, it is all about respecting one another and that is where we as a society fall short.

Were you ever discriminated against for being unvaccinated for covid 19? I wasn't in my real life where everyone treated me decently and respected my choice but online? OMG. There were, and probably still are, people who wanted to see me and other unvaccinated people detained and segregated from the rest of society until we submitted to vaccination.
noteworthy! "safe and effective" seems to have disappeared from the official narrative,,,Hmmmmm

We do not allow anyone without being currant on vaccinations to fish with us at all including recent testing for Covid it was a mutual decision of our regular crew that goes weekly, no exceptions at all, we keep a log book on dates for all of us.

Back