Up to 18 people shot at Walmart El Paso Texas

The sad truth is .... I doubt we will ever stop it. There is just no way to do it. If a person is hell-bent on doing such a thing, there is no way to stop him. Incarcerate everybody that shows the first sign of mental imbalance? That'll never sell, besides we closed up all the asylums . Stop the sale of "those" weapons ? Won't make a dent, again a person hell-bent on doing it, will find a way, find a weapon.

IMO deterrent is the only option to try. When one of these killers is caught alive, such as El Paso , or Arizona [the one that shot the congress woman] ............ who by the way was standing there literally smoking gun in hand. Order the police to execute him immediately .

A trial is for the purpose of determining guilt or innocence , these people do not need a trial ..... period, they are guilty. So .... lets go straight to the penalty phase. If a potential killer is watching, sees this ? That might deter him, give him pause. Nothing else is working, removing guns ? that would take a thousand years, closer mental evaluation ? I myself know two teens in families that I think are way-the-hell out there ... should they be institutionalized ? Maybe, but they might be totally innocent as well. Should they be institutionalized on my word? No.

So again, lets go hard, harsh & swiftly after the ones that have committed such a thing, and perhaps send a message to those that might be inclined to do such a thing...........jmo

Well, as for your instant justice, there is a little thing called the Constitution that stands squarely in the way of that.

Well, as for your instant justice, there is a little thing called the Constitution that stands squarely in the way of that.

If we can change the constitution regarding gun ownership ? ......... We can change it regarding swift justice.

Some of you have questioned the need for "assault rifles that hold lots of ammo."
How 'bout this? I'm not the bad guy; I'm one of the good guys. Rats sometimes run in packs. In a home-invasion robbery situation, I want all the firepower edge I can get, since I'm probably already outnumbered. And the bad guys might have high-capacity magazines. In that scenario, a 4-shot hunting rifle or a 6-shot shotgun won't do. Neither will a 6-shot revolver. We don't get to choose how many armed assailants victimize us.
So, if my magazine holds 30 rounds, that's because I haven't found one that holds 60. That's MY business. I'm not responsible for any nutcase mass shooter, so I have no intention of being at a disadvantage because some people don't like the looks or magazine capacity of my rifle.

I'm lucky enough to live in a "nice" neighborhood - many celebrities as neighbors. Next door, an elderly couple was renting a nice home owned by a big NBA star. Four home-invasion robbers pulled up in a NEW BMW SUV, broke in through a sliding glass door & robbed and beat the couple - who, of course were helpless due to their ages & being unarmed. Both were hospitalized for several days. They never returned to the home & it was sold.
I spent a considerable amount of money on security gates, bars, cameras and weaponry and training. Maybe the visible security discouraged them & they chose an easier mark next door - who knows. There is NO WAY I will ever be at the mercy of thugs.

I live in the real world, whether I like it or not. And the real world is a MESS.

Last edited:
Some of you have questioned the need for "assault rifles that hold lots of ammo."
How 'bout this? I'm not the bad guy; I'm one of the good guys. Rats sometimes run in packs. In a home-invasion robbery situation, I want all the firepower edge I can get, since I'm probably already outnumbered. And the bad guys might have high-capacity magazines. In that scenario, a 4-shot hunting rifle or a 6-shot shotgun won't do. Neither will a 6-shot revolver. We don't get to choose how many armed assailants victimize us.
So, if my magazine holds 30 rounds, that's because I haven't found one that holds 60. That's MY business.

I'm lucky enough to live in a "nice" neighborhood - many celebrities as neighbors. Next door, an elderly couple was renting a nice home owned by a big NBA star. Four home-invasion robbers pulled up in a NEW BMW SUV, broke in through a sliding glass door & robbed and beat the couple - who, of course were helpless due to their ages & being unarmed. Both were hospitalized for several days. They never returned to the home & it was sold.
I spent a considerable amount of money on security gates, bars, cameras and weaponry and training. Maybe the visible security discouraged them & they chose an easier mark next door - who knows. There is NO WAY I will ever be at the mercy of thugs.

I live in the real world, whether I like it or not. And the real world is a MESS.

Hate to say it but do i ever agree with the last sentence !

Sorry to hear about your neighbors......Stay safe.

So, if my magazine holds 30 rounds, that's because I haven't found one that holds 60. That's MY business. I'm not responsible for any nutcase mass shooter, so I have no intention of being at a disadvantage because some people don't like the looks or magazine capacity of my rifle.

Sad that you have to live in an area like that. Keep safe!

Win, in your eagerness to act out your Rambo fantasies, try not to shoot yourself in the foot. Or any other innocent people who happen to be around.

The last I heard, we still live in a country with law enforcement. Professionally trained police should be the people dealing with the heavily armed nut cases who are being encouraged and enabled by the NRA. Not civilians who have decided it's up to them.

And the NRA has to be stopped.

What about improving "detection". We are getting more and more satellite based cameras and such. Too bad we can't invent something that detects gunpowder. Every major courthouse has metal detectors and alarms and guards - guess we need cheaper and more efficient methods of early detection alerts.

(A bit of a side note to all of this)

Know what’s funny?

Folks get all upset with the very thought of changing the 2nd amendment

When the actual definition of the word is change

I’m on the wrong side of this thought, but considered it a bit disarmingly humorous

As far as I am concerned we should scrap the whole dman Consituion and start over from scratch. It's way over 200 years old and outdated. Besides that it was wriiten by a bunch of wealthy white dudes that made their money by killing off the native people and stealing their land and then bringing in African slaves to work it for them all while they treated their women like chattel. And I'm supposed to revere them and treat what they wrote as if they were the word of God? Gimmee a break. :rolleyes:

As far as I am concerned we should scrap the whole damn Constitution and start over from scratch. It's way over 200 years old and outdated. Besides that it was written by a bunch of wealthy white dudes that made their money by killing off the native people and stealing their land and then bringing in African slaves to work it for them all while they treated their women like chattel. And I'm supposed to revere them and treat what they wrote as if they were the word of God? Gimmee a break. :rolleyes:

Honest to Pete, if this isn't the ever-loving blue-eyed-truth, I don't know what is!

Win, in your eagerness to act out your Rambo fantasies, try not to shoot yourself in the foot. Or any other innocent people who happen to be around.

The last I heard, we still live in a country with law enforcement. Professionally trained police should be the people dealing with the heavily armed nut cases who are being encouraged and enabled by the NRA. Not civilians who have decided it's up to them.

And the NRA has to be stopped.

My need for self defense means I have "Rambo fantasies?" Only in the mind of a moron. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Perhaps you can't help it.
I'd gladly rely on "professionally-trained police;" as soon as police are able to be here 24/7 to prevent a crime. Even you (with your limited intelligence) know that's not possible.
My safety IS up to me. You are free to deal with your safety any way you choose. A smart person knows their limitations.

My need for self defense means I have "Rambo fantasies?" Only in the mind of a moron. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Perhaps you can't help it.
I'd gladly rely on "professionally-trained police;" as soon as police are able to be here 24/7 to prevent a crime. Even you (with your limited intelligence) know that's not possible.
My safety IS up to me. You are free to deal with your safety any way you choose. A smart person knows their limitations.

+1... (y)

Rats sometimes run in packs. In a home-invasion robbery situation, I want all the firepower edge I can get, since I'm probably already outnumbered. And the bad guys might have high-capacity magazines. In that scenario, a 4-shot hunting rifle or a 6-shot shotgun won't do. Neither will a 6-shot revolver. We don't get to choose how many armed assailants victimize us.

Looks like I hit a nerve with my labeling your Rambo fantasies for what they are, Win. Even us morons with "limited intelligence" can see it; look up Rambo and see if the definition doesn't sound like someone familiar. :rolleyes:

Win, you probably have your fingers stuck in your ears because you don't want to hear the truth, but the great majority of the American public (including the gun-owners) want more stringent gun control laws. It will just be a matter of time (and how many more tragic killings?) before the NRA and its willing slaves are forced to give in, and stop bribing our lawmakers. Whether you like it or not, that's what will happen.

What about improving "detection". We are getting more and more satellite based cameras and such. Too bad we can't invent something that detects gunpowder. Every major courthouse has metal detectors and alarms and guards - guess we need cheaper and more efficient methods of early detection alerts.

We already have something that detects gunpowder. They are called “dogs.”

Looks like I hit a nerve with my labeling your Rambo fantasies for what they are, Win. Even us morons with "limited intelligence" can see it; look up Rambo and see if the definition doesn't sound like someone familiar. :rolleyes:

Win, you probably have your fingers stuck in your ears because you don't want to hear the truth, but the great majority of the American public (including the gun-owners) want more stringent gun control laws. It will just be a matter of time (and how many more tragic killings?) before the NRA and its willing slaves are forced to give in, and stop bribing our lawmakers. Whether you like it or not, that's what will happen.

As a responsible gun owner, I'm as much to blame for mass shooters as drunk drivers & street racers are for manslaughter, since I also own a car. Even you can see where the "stupid" comes in. You think my driving privilege should be restricted because Ted Kennedy drove drunk & killed his passenger? And, I should be required to have a vasectomy because my neighbor has too many kids?

Whether or not the "great majority of the American public wants more stringent gun control laws" is of no concern to me. My concern is my safety & that of my loved ones. Nor is the NRA; I'm not a member. I live my life how I choose & the great majority can live theirs as they choose. As you can.
No, you didn't hit a nerve. You hit a funny bone. Ignorance tends to do that.

We already have something that detects gunpowder. They are called “dogs.”
Wasn't talking about the living kind...lol. Hard to have that many "trained sniffing" dogs available you know...like at every big box door. Necessity is the mother of invention so perhaps we will see more "device" inventions in this area. We can only hope, I guess.

Just FYI,Win, I have been called many things, but "stupid" has never been one of them. My response to that is the same as Forrest Gump's: "Stupid is as stupid does."

Win, we've already covered all your red herrings. Dragging cars, knives, and anything else into the argument in an attempt to deflect attention away from military-grade weapons that the mentally deranged are permitted to buy apparently with no restrictions, doesn't work as an argument; it never has. Those other things exist for other purposes than killing. They are tools, or to use one of your examples, body parts. Anything can be abused. But only one of the things under discussion exists to kill as many people as possible in the shortest span of time, and has no other purpose.

Good grief, a kindergarten child could understand this! Do you go into name-calling mode when your argument is obviously getting weaker and weaker? Or are you a mouthpiece for the NRA, providing fodder for those pathetic men who need to prove, at least to themselves, how macho they are?

(And by the way, all this name-calling you are directing my way does absolutely nothing to support your argument. It just shows how weak that argument is. Only schoolyard bullies resort to that when they are losing an argument. So much for our "friendly" forum.)

You keep repeating the fact that I am free to live my life as I choose. That's very nice of you, to give me permission, but I really don't need your permission to do exactly that.

So try taking a deep breath and focus on the issue. Let's do without the childishness.

Good post, Win. I got more laughs out of this than anything else I've seen lately. I can see where being quite wealthy and living in a crime ravaged neighborhood can be tough. You should send this post to the NRA's "Rifleman" magazine. They've got a monthly page, "The Armed Citizen", I believe. They have all kinds of bad situations including one wheel chair bound old lady, who's always got her piece handy in case of an invasion. I doubt if she could handle a high capacity assault rifle. A few rounds and the recoil would roll her out of the room and back into the bedroom.

Good post - -keep 'em coming.;)

Wasn't talking about the living kind...lol. Hard to have that many "trained sniffing" dogs available you know...like at every big box door. Necessity is the mother of invention so perhaps we will see more "device" inventions in this area. We can only hope, I guess.
Hey, 911... good idea though...how 'bout "Robomutt"...lol. That would be and easy keeper.

Back