Walking!

Keesha, I walk everyday for over an hour altogether, but It's all within the property of my apartment complex. Nothing scenic ... some palm trees, shrubs and dogs and more dogs .... and people running around doing errands and stuff. I'll take a picture of the pool and waterfall for you one of these days. :) . the very bright sunlight isn't good for taking pictures on my phone though.

But I love the walking ... it's become a very natural habit daily.

Does nobody walk any more?
Do I post too many pictures in the walking thread?
Or are you all just tired of my same thread?
I guess I’m getting ignored. 🥺
I LOVE all your pics Keesha, and yes, I walk about 3-4 times a week. It's been lovely here, very moderate temps with a breeze. I haven't taken any pics and forgot about checking in here. You've encouraged me to shoot some so I will ;) and if they turn out (not blurry etc.) I'll share them. I have a bicycle too but like the difference in exercise, and, the easy ability to stop, smell the roses ( ;) ) and takes some pics.

The Mennonite photos are neat, and loved your latest as well ❣Here's a few of my fave area to walk (about 1.5 miles from my apt.).

Attachments

• unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 2
  • trespooping.jpg
    trespooping.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 2
  • beach 3.jpg
    beach 3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2
  • fishing boat Crescent City Harbor.jpg
    fishing boat Crescent City Harbor.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0
  • more fisherman coming in from a hard days work.jpg
    more fisherman coming in from a hard days work.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Keesha, I walk everyday for over an hour altogether, but It's all within the property of my apartment complex. Nothing scenic ... some palm trees, shrubs and dogs and more dogs .... and people running around doing errands and stuff. I'll take a picture of the pool and waterfall for you one of these days. :) . the very bright sunlight isn't good for taking pictures on my phone though.

I did that walk last night as I ate so much at dinner I didn't feel very good just sitting in my chair :rolleyes::LOL:. It is a little scarey for me to walk "beyond" when the Sun is going down.

Oh so cool. You’ve got the Bichon Frisée you walk daily. Good for you. Even if walking isn’t scenic it’s so good for the physical body, general mental well being and spiritual outlook. It gets the feel good brain chemicals circulating and usually helps decrease blood pressure, reduce heart disease , reduce fat and cholesterol as well as stress and anxiety. Having dogs is like the icing on the cake 🥰
Thanks for sharing your walking journeys with me.

I LOVE all your pics Keesha, and yes, I walk about 3-4 times a week. It's been lovely here, very moderate temps with a breeze. I haven't taken any pics and forgot about checking in here. You've encouraged me to shoot some so I will ;) and if they turn out (not blurry etc.) I'll share them. I have a bicycle too but like the difference in exercise, and, the easy ability to stop, smell the roses ( ;) ) and takes some pics.

The Mennonite photos are neat, and loved your latest as well ❣Here's a few of my fave area to walk (about 1.5 miles from my apt.).
Thanks Denise. Your pictures look beautiful. You truly have a very scenic walking area. I can really appreciate the breeze off a lake or ocean. It’s so refreshing while walking. It’s nice knowing the others walkers here at the forum. It IS nice stopping to smell the roses.

Please join in any day. I very much enjoy other people’s walking experiences and journeys.

Those doggy coats are so cute!! Not to mention the doggies! I'm going to make myself a dress, starting today, from a dress that fits me good. With the help of Youtube of course ;)
Oh thank you.
What type of dress are you going to make?
Are you making modifications or using the dress that fits you to take apart and use as a template?
It’s amazing what help you can find online these days.

I used to sew a LOT before and wouldn’t mind restarting again. My youngest dog needs a nice variety of coats and I do prefer handmade ones. 😍

Oh thank you.
What type of dress are you going to make?
Are you making modifications or using the dress that fits you to take apart and use as a template?
It’s amazing what help you can find online these days.

I used to sew a LOT before and wouldn’t mind restarting again. My youngest dog needs a nice variety of coats and I do prefer handmade ones. 😍
Never got an email alert on this one Keesha, and I've been on your "being ignored" thread :( I'll check my "settings" and make sure they are turned on from now on.

I didn't get started on a dress, but I wanted to make a summer-type for myself because the store-bought aren't made for my measurements. Does anyone actually have those measurements, lol ;) I was just going to lay the dress flat and draw a line about an inch bigger, around it. That's how the video showed me.

I can't agree more on what we have available to purchase on line these days. Clothing has been hard for me though. Had to send back everything I've bought so far, except a pair of boots. Couldn't believe how good they turned out, and fit!

Never got an email alert on this one Keesha, and I've been on your "being ignored" thread :( I'll check my "settings" and make sure they are turned on from now on.

I didn't get started on a dress, but I wanted to make a summer-type for myself because the store-bought aren't made for my measurements. Does anyone actually have those measurements, lol ;) I was just going to lay the dress flat and draw a line about an inch bigger, around it. That's how the video showed me.

I can't agree more on what we have available to purchase on line these days. Clothing has been hard for me though. Had to send back everything I've bought so far, except a pair of boots. Couldn't believe how good they turned out, and fit!

Hey Denise,
I haven’t quite figured out the email alerts either.
I’ve somehow subscribed to the night dreams one as well as walking shoes but have no idea how I did it. Lol .

There are several dresses I have which I’d love to duplicate with a different fabric etc., I think what I’d do is take each section apart, duplicate them and see them together like the original. Some summer dresses would work perfectly as such.

How’s your walking program doing? Are you still taking photographs ? I’d love to see some of them. Two other things we have in common.
Some pictures I take on the way to my parents house like this cute billy goat? Isn’t he the cutest?

And we are in the midst of a thunderstorm so nothing is uploading at the moment. I’ll try later.

I’ve stepped up my walking routine significantly and am really feeling the difference. Unfortunately it’s becoming difficult for my youngest girl. Quite often I’m carrying her; trudging through the snow.
I’m not sure whether to go for longer walks and bring the dog troller or just take them for a good but shorter walk and go for a second one on my own so I’m going to experiment with it some.

Another problem we are encountering is accumulated snow sticking to the fur on their paws. Every ten or 15 minutes I have to break up the snow otherwise it gets in between the pads on the paws making it difficult for them to walk.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our walks

8409B81F-9CFE-4646-8C5B-386004B32DFD.jpegE8EA9CDA-CE0F-4E28-8943-4E451D1645DD.jpeg63D46CDC-10CE-4856-B1C2-4FDF5B21C14B.jpegBF9D6E5D-15C2-4948-A11B-FB85F2DD1604.jpeg5B895BF8-C106-40C4-BDB2-1C7DC4D905FE.jpeg
This above picture is our backyard.

I’ve stepped up my walking routine significantly and am really feeling the difference. Unfortunately it’s becoming difficult for my youngest girl. Quite often I’m carrying her; trudging through the snow.
I’m not sure whether to go for longer walks and bring the dog troller or just take them for a good but shorter walk and go for a second one on my own so I’m going to experiment with it some.

Here's an exercise video for your dogs.

Nice pics Keesha. Would dog booties be an idea (don't have a dog myself)?
Thank you. I never thought I’d put booties on my girls however I did go out and spend $40 per pair to try on them one day. They lasted no more than 20 seconds on their precious paws 🐾 😂 but it was a moment my husband and I will laugh forever and a day ❤

Great idea though so thanks 😊 👍

Another problem we are encountering is accumulated snow sticking to the fur on their paws. Every ten or 15 minutes I have to break up the snow otherwise it gets in between the pads on the paws making it difficult for them to walk.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our walks

View attachment 81301View attachment 81302View attachment 81303View attachment 81304View attachment 81305
This above picture is our backyard.
Cute pics Keesha, I have to stop often to crush the snowballs from my boy's paws. Sometimes after a walk I'd fill the kitchen sinks with tepid water high enough to melt his paws.....haven't had to do that yet this year.

Cute pics Keesha, I have to stop often to crush the snowballs from my boy's paws. Sometimes after a walk I'd fill the kitchen sinks with tepid water high enough to melt his paws.....haven't had to do that yet this year.
Thanks Seabreeze.
Yes you ‘would’ know about this due to fur type on your baby. Snow readily sticks to their fur. Sometimes I wonder if I’m better off walking on the country roads but then I’ve got the possibility of salt pellets stuck in their paw pads which I think is worse.

I take them downstairs and plop them in front of the wood stove on a huge dog bed.

Anything for our babies. 🥰

Okay okay okay. I'll walk, dammit! Actually, DH and I walked a minimum of three miles a day every day, even in a sNOwstorm, even in a blizzard. After he died and I came down here, I enlisted DD to walk with me, but we didn't walk three miles a day. The walking fell by the wayside for whatever reason. Doc told me this morning that I MUST walk for at least 30 minutes three times a week. I won't walk alone so told DD to sharpen her walking shoes. If it's not raining, we start tomorrow. At least it's cool weather for the next 3 months or so.

ETA: I just thought of why we stopped walking. It was the heat one summer a couple of years ago. If we weren't out the door by 6 am, it was just too darned hot to walk. By the time the weather cooled off, we'd gotten out of our routine.

For the record, I offer support to all walkers and members wishing to exercise. 👍
I will probably have to badger DD. She's put on a lot of weight and really doesn't like to walk anymore. We have bikes that we got for Christmas a couple of years ago, but I won't ride alone and...wait for it...the last time she got on hers the tires flattened too much to ride. A good bit of her weight gain is due to meds she has to take but a lot of it is because most meals are either in restaurants or from a drive-thru unless I cook. I rarely go out to eat with them and almost never go the fast-food route.

Back