We are all here, cause most of us are in the same boat....We are swimming along to keep safe...

Clyde
What?
I don't think Sue likes you?
That may be, but there are billions of Chinamen that hate your sorry ass
and your to damn dumb to know it.

It's sad that some take a quote a different way....We all have our say when we are here....Maybe we post something that someone doesn't like.
We are all different souls....I posted here when I found this A friend told me about....
Anyway, I just got blasted from a person I don't even KNOW.....We know it's a cruel world at this time in our lives....I've been in forums
for a very long time...I don't do face book….Maybe we have to lower our standards OR MINE....But I always said, Speak your mind even though
someone doesn't like you...We are all different in many ways....If that person doesn't like me....SO BE IT..

I can't believe someone would blast you. I have known you for a long time and you didn't deserve to be treated like that. I had a similar exsperience on another forum and was insulted many times,even friends with me turned on me because I had a different view on things then they did.So I just ignored it and moved on. It isn't worth the time with ignorant people.

I have brought this point up over and over again in forums where I was attacked for a post. Rarely was I ever attacked on the basis of my intention, but instead always on the basis of what somebody else's interpretation is. I think communication is the most difficult thing we do and I suspect that talking about the weather or sports is a "Safe" way to stay in contact with other people without "going for the jugular". :)

We may think we know what somebody else is saying, but until/unless we seek to be sure by asking, we simply can't know.

It is hard enough to do this in person, but in a forum, all we have is words - we are missing all the normal aspects of communication that give our words context such as tone of voice, facial expression, and body language. We can use smileys and that sort of thing, but these still don't convey what we are trying to say.

So just maybe, instead of attacking, our response post should be something along the lines of "did you really mean to say...?", to which the other person can say "no, I meant ...", and so on. In face to face conversation, such clarification takes only a second or two, but in a forum it is clunky as heck, and therefore people don't do it and instead assume and attack.

Tony
In all fairness that works great as long as the other person is willing to communicate the issue. If you ask what the issue is and get nothing in response that's hardly fair to the person being attacked.

If they don't know what's goin on they have the right to be upset if they choose to. Especially if it's a character attack with no reasoning behind it. I've had that kind of thing happen before. I'm not sure why but it's happened.

If you don't like something someone said that's understandable. But when it turns into a personal attack because you may have misread something then why not ask them what they meant before attacking a persons character? Or for that matter why attack their character at all? Most of these boards have ignore features. Why not use those instead of starting trouble? You get me?

In all fairness that works great as long as the other person is willing to communicate the issue. If you ask what the issue is and get nothing in response that's hardly fair to the person being attacked.

If they don't know what's goin on they have the right to be upset if they choose to. Especially if it's a character attack with no reasoning behind it. I've had that kind of thing happen before. I'm not sure why but it's happened.

If you don't like something someone said that's understandable. But when it turns into a personal attack because you may have misread something then why not ask them what they meant before attacking a persons character? Or for that matter why attack their character at all? Most of these boards have ignore features. Why not use those instead of starting trouble? You get me?

If I understand what you are saying, that is what I said in the post you quoted, and if not, I agree nonetheless and thanks for the advice. It is very possible I misinterpreted what you are saying here, and if so, please do correct me. My point was simply that instead of firing back, why not simply seek clarification? I personally would choose the ignore feature if I could not resolve such issues. Fortunately in this forum, that has not been a problem. People here seem much more kind overall than I have seen in some other forums.

Tony

Last edited:

Back