What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my Hubby just got home from my Daughters. She wanted to celebrate our Wedding anniversary by having us over to spend the day with us. We had a wonderful time. She had some of our friends there which was a surprise for me and my husband. We just were shocked at all the trouble she went through and was able to keep it all a secret from us. In the background, she played the song my husband and I danced to the day we met.

Last edited:
Morning folks.....a bright sunny day here, however I slept
rather poorly for some reason, kept hearing critters outside
2 or 4 legged don't know....anyhoo no biggie plans yet...altho
I see that those danged dish fairies took the nite off, durn 'em....
and gonna see about returning this chromebook I got off amazon, too old to try and learn a new system...will get a windows laptop instead....scouts are out putting up flags across
the street......make it a great day folks!!! :love:

Our coffee maker is dying!!!!!!!
emoticon
It's only 30 years old! They sure don't make things to last anymore!!! 😡

So, this is me...off to Wal-Mart. Certainly not the way I wanted to spend my Memorial Day!
emoticon

I'll try to come back later. I hope everyone has a great day! Bye!
emoticon

I'm home. Why is it that working from 5-10 isn't as tiring as working 6-11 or 6-12? Getting up at 3am wasn't fun at all.

We were supposed to go to lunch at 11:30, then 12, now it's 1pm. I'm hungry now.

It's downright cold here. And overcast. What? It was supposed to be sunny with a high temp of 79 today. It's too cold and gloomy to work in the garden so I won't. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. And I'm off tomorrow.

Been for a walk down the lane..another glorious day... then came back put the washing on, and while that was doing it's thing I repotted some flowers in the tall pot by the back door..

IMG-1456.jpg
IMG-1469.jpg
..it's not as warm as yesterday but still very warm in the sun... the Mustard Rape seed down the lane in the fields is looking glorious...

mustard-rape-4.jpg

mustard-rape-5.jpg

mustard-rape-lane.jpg

Last edited:
There's a vast amount of rapeseed being grown here this year. It's not only rapeseed, but vast acres of barley and wheat. Land that was fallow for years has been ploughed and planted, so I recon there must a good demand for grain.
Once on my travels, I was chatting to a farmer who told of the ridiculous situation regarding rapeseed. Apparently they were given government subsidies for growing it, but the value was so low that they would plant rapeseed, claim the subsidy and then just plough in the crop. It was cheaper than harvesting it.

I did a lot of deep housecleaning yesterday but stopped when my lower back started complaining extra loudly. It's much happier today.

Only remaining tasks are sweeping and mopping the foyer, kitchen and bathroom floors. That'll take 45 minutes, maximum.

Beyond that, the day belongs to me. Thinking of lounging around with a good book!

I did a lot of deep housecleaning yesterday but stopped when my lower back started complaining extra loudly. It's much happier today.

Only remaining tasks are sweeping and mopping the foyer, kitchen and bathroom floors. That'll take 45 minutes, maximum.

Beyond that, the day belongs to me. Thinking of lounging around with a good book!
well I know we're good friends, but I didn't realise that your back comes out in sympathy with mine...:LOL:..or maybe it's the other way around... .

Ive fell through the green house smashing through a pane , managed to get away with just a couple of minor cuts on my finger .
It made such a noise , my dog came out to check on me , after giving her a hug she went back in .
how did you fall ?.. were you inside the greenhouse and trip, or outside ? thank goodness you're ok, that could have been very nasty

Me and my Hubby just got home from my Daughters. She wanted to celebrate our Wedding anniversary by having us over to spend the day with us. We had a wonderful time. She had some of our friends there which was a surprise for me and my husband. We just were shocked at all the trouble she went through and was able to keep it all a secret from us. In the background, she played the song my husband and I danced to the day we met.

cake.jpg

well I know we're good friends, but I didn't realise that your back comes out in sympathy with mine...:LOL:..or maybe it's the other way around... .
I have some age-related disc degeneration and arthritis. The pain flared up when I was bending at the waist for more than 1/2 hour while deep cleaning the double Jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom.

We haven't used the tub in at least 15 years (requires so much water to fill it to the jets), but every 6 months I have to rid it of the dust and grime that's collected. In between deep cleanings I swipe it with a dust mop to clear the most egregious of the accumulation.

TBH, I get a little butt-hurt when this chore needs doing since we don't even use the blasted tub anymore! DH"s back is far worse than mine and his balance isn't nearly as steady, so I wouldn't dream of asking him to do it. Would have to have paramedics standing by...

A weekly acupuncture session keeps most of my back pain at bay, especially with carrying a 20+ pound baby many hours a day, three days a week. Sometimes more.

Don't forget, we're card-carrying members of the same osteoarthritis-in-finger-joints club, too.

Talk to me about lower back. It's a doozy. I repotted a houseplant into a large stone pot, very heavy. Even heavier with soil. Then tried to lift it into the living room from the deck. I did it, but I need to rest my back now.😯
As soon as I feel pain I try to stop doing whatever is provoking it. No long term good has ever come to me when soldiering through physical pain of that sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back