What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes @hollydolly it usually is here too..I hate it!
We usually go early when it opens and still crowded, plus free samples aren’t even out yet, lol.
That's a good idea.. because the weekends are soooo crowded.... at least they are here..

yesterday when I went all that was being offered was tiny portions of Croissants... I think some people go there to get a free lunch lol... walk around taking free samples from every stall

Good to hear you had a decent night's sleep fora change @hawkdon
It's raining here today... not going out, having been out running around yesterday..

Doesn't matter what day of the week or what type of weather we have.. there's someone.. can't see who.. who is hammering or drilling something... :rolleyes:
Do you have woodpeckers there nearby?
It is likely not that, but it came to my mind, as they are very plentiful here. About 4 different types.

No matter what the source, the hammering would drive me batty.:oops:o_O:rolleyes::eek:

Laundry tumbling in the dryer... homemade granola cooled and put away.... enjoying my 2nd cup of caffeine while checking y'all's posts.

I need to get back on the "sorting-and-putting-aside" for my yard sale.... previously done items are in danger of being sucked back into the household. I will set a deadline and go from there

Looking at my Indian cookbook (long neglected) and thinking about making some of the dishes, since I now have more of the ingredients (cardamon pods, fresh ginger, etc) handy. I tend to do one Indian dish and the rest bland or at least minimally spiced, otherwise it's too much of a good thing.

Lastly, this time of year in Georgia I need a Dial-A-Closet that has an automatic weather station in it... just when you think it's safe to bring out the shortsleeve shirts and sandals, BOOM, it's cold again and I have to dig out the winter stuff again. But like @Georgiagranny says, this is probably our last cold-snap.

closet-clothes.gif

That's a good idea.. because the weekends are soooo crowded.... at least they are here..
I avoid shopping on weekends if at all possible. If not, I try to get there within an hour of opening time.

@hollydolly, I worry about stairs, though there are only two steps in my house - part of the house is on a raised foundation and part isn't. I fall frequently. No balance issues - just don't pay close attention to where I'm going. I've been known to crash into people, fire hydrants and poles when walking! It's always been thus. DGD is the same, I'm sorry to say.

Anyway, I don't understand "learning how to fall." I'm always surprised by falling. Gravity is so quick that I'm on the ground before I even know I'm falling. My reflexes take over and usually get my hands out in front to help break the worst of it, but there's no conscious thought process involved.

Sure, stunt people know how to fall, but their falls are planned and can therefore be orchestrated. Mine are not.

I avoid shopping on weekends if at all possible. If not, I try to get there within an hour of opening time.

@hollydolly, I worry about stairs, though there are only two steps in my house - part of the house is on a raised foundation and part isn't. I fall frequently. No balance issues - just don't pay close attention to where I'm going. I've been known to crash into people, fire hydrants and poles when walking! It's always been thus. DGD is the same, I'm sorry to say.

Anyway, I don't understand "learning how to fall." I'm always surprised by falling. Gravity is so quick that I'm on the ground before I even know I'm falling. My reflexes take over and usually get my hands out in front to help break the worst of it, but there's no conscious thought process involved.

Sure, stunt people know how to fall, but their falls are planned and can therefore be orchestrated. Mine are not.
Abolutely Star... couldn't agree more.. I have fallen several times in the last 3 years.. trip over anything that's there to trip over and even when there's nothing to trip over , and the ground comes up to hit you in a split second.. no way of falling in any correct manner in time...

Last edited:
I've started clearing out drawers. Well specifically Drawers in my bedroom. I have a Big dresser with deep wide drawers.. and my goodness are they full of stuff..

I've emptied the top one, and tbh with you , and even with throwing lots away, I will never need to buy another hair band, comb, hairbrush, or any type of hair Ephemera for the rest of my life..lol...

I found tickets for concerts, and receipt for things in Spanish stores from 8 years ago... so much stuff lol... anyway, I've got rid of some stuff, cleaned out the compartments in the drawers and now got it refilled all where I can see everything at a glance

dresser-drawer.jpg

Has now been a year since I was diagnosed with the rare polycythemia vera blood neoplasm and 8 months since after 3 phlebotomy's brought my blood test levels back into normal range. Since then have daily just been on hydroxyurea that seems to have no negative effects. So today went down to the local Kaiser Permanente hospital for another every other month poke a needle in my arm blood test and am happy to report all my levels remain nicely steady in the normal range. Had I lived a couple decades or more ago, I'd not last more than a short few years. Thanks to my two women doctors, KP, and modern medical science!
So happy for you @David777 !

Too many things going on these past few days, and over the next few days. Meetings/preparing for meetings, extra tasks and errands, etc. Each thing is easy and doesn't take much time, but I find it overwhelming.

Plus, a change in the weather, so I have to change my habits (e.g., sit outside instead of inside).

I bought some ground beef on sale, hoping to make meatballs. There is no way I'll have time, so I'll cook it the easy way.

Today, I'll do as much in the way of exercise as I can. Talk to my local language partner, talk to my long-distance language partner. Today could be a laundry day, but I doubt it.

Hey, y'all. Did I mention the union charity that said all of the employees working in industries represented by the union could apply for a $600 grant? I missed the original window to apply and truth to tell, thought it was a scam. Our union rep came by one day last week and said the window would open again but just for a week. As it happened, DSIL was off the day the window opened again so he helped me fill out and submit the forms. I got a confirmation email a few hours later that said I qualified (had to have been employed during the worst of the pandemic), and would get a check in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah. Sure. And...I got a check today! Yup. It wasn't a scam. Heck. I'm not proud. I'll take charity. If I hadn't got it, it wouldn't have broken the bank, but geez...it's nice to have. Best part is that it isn't taxable!

My EF is getting fat.

@hollydolly How's the tooth today? Has the soreness gone away?

@Furryanimal Do we want to know how it's possible to drop a spoon into the toaster?

@CinnamonSugar After looking at the picture of that closet again, I remembered that one of my clients had one sort of like that. Actually, it was bigger...like the dry cleaners use. I swear that closet was bigger than a bedroom. He had it all organized by style, color, season. There was a section for formal wear (yeah, more than one tux!), others for just his shirts (on hangers from the laundry so no creases except the sleeves), slacks, jeans, sport jackets, suits. Just press the button to start it, press the button to stop when he got to what he wanted.

Of course, that closet also had a full length triple mirror so he could check to make sure he looked as good as he thought he should...

Wut wo! Sore from being poked and prodded or sore like how it felt as a toothache?
yes it's kinda both tbh. I thought at first it was vecause it was sore from being poked around and also the 2 different drills she used.. one was for cleaning the other for filling.. but I'm still getting toothachey twinges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back