What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought down about 20 reams (some have many more sheets than that) of packs of paper from from the attic. They are from a local paper mill that went OOB in 1971 (50 years this year). My dad worked there and got free samples as did other employees. After being in the attic for 50 years, they aren't in the best condition. Some packs busted open when I tried to carry them.

View attachment 164270
well done for getting them all down tho'...you're really making strides...

This afternoon I have an appointment about my prostrate cancer and hope to be told that it is completely gone. That would mean that all I have to do is just wait for the effects of this hormone treatment to completely wear off. This particular Doctor tends to overbook and the wait time in his office is alway very long so my kindle is going with me.

Wish me luck.
It does seem that the effects of those powerful hormone shots may be starting to taper off. I am getting fewer hot flashes and that fatigue is not as bad.
Who knows, I may get my Mojo back before I turn 79.

Booking and unbooking stuff.Cancelled my hotel in Hove and booked one a short distance away in Haywards Heath instead after a heads up from a friend.£194 for five nights instead of £410!
A fifteen minute train ride into Hove every day.And booked the all you can eat Premier Inn breakfast too.
Before anyone asks the Brighton one is much more expensive!
Also booked to see Western Storm v Thunder (Womens🏏) in Bristol on May 29th.Need☀️not🌧️.
No storms or thunder.
So next I have to renew my Seniors Railcard ,much underused in the year to March when it ran out!
And I cleared some more stuff that was in my collapsed shed.Nearly ready to order a new fence.The old one also collapsed!

Last edited:
I brought a braided rug down from the attic. It was much heavier that I thought - it must weigh 100 pounds (50 kilos). It's HUGE - probably meant to cover a good part of a room's floor. Good thing it was going down rather than up, but still going around corners was problematic. I can already tell it's not in perfect shape. If it isn't raining tomorrow. I'll try to unroll it and take a photo, but for today, I've had enough to do with it. For now it's out on the front porch.

Took hubs shirts to the Dry cleaners in our town, ... then drove over to a Mall several towns away and collected 2 pairs of sketchers which I ordered online to be delivered to the store, that was a needless hassle that shouldn't have been... :rolleyes:.. and while I was in the Mall I spotted a beautiful velvet covered Chinese Bird pattern foot-stool... so how could I resist..?.. it was a third of the original price...(y)

Booking and unbooking stuff.Cancelled my hotel in Hove and booked one a short distance away in Haywards Heath instead after a heads up from a friend.£194 for five nights instead of £410!
A fifteen minute train ride into Hove every day.And booked the all you can eat Premier Inn breakfast too.
Before anyone asks the Brighton one is much more expensive!
Also booked to see Western Storm v Thunder (Womens🏏) in Bristol on May 29th.Need☀️not🌧️.
No storms or thunder.
So next I have to renew my Seniors Railcard ,much underused in the year to March when it ran out!
And I cleared some more stuff that was in my collapsed shed.Nearly ready to order a new fence.The old one also collapsed!
Buy me something in the Lanes while you're there will you ?...:sneaky:

You've reminded me I have to renew our 2 for 1 rail-card as well..I always use the Tesco vouchers for it ..so it costs me nothing..

Cleaned off and underneath a desk in the front upstairs bedroom. Found a basket filled with antique bottles and a few more items for the upcoming sale. Here are a few of the bottles. One is dated 1897 which just happens to be the same year my house was built.View attachment 162880
I have maybe 5 or 6 of these. Years ago, I lined them on my kitchen window sill, sometime with a wild flower in them. What do you hope to sell them for?

I forgot I even have them, in a box over the washer and dryer.

Had to wait around for the motorsports dealer come and pick up SIL's bike, which has been siting for yours. It needs new fluids, shoes and a checkup. While wating for that, I finally cleaned out the trunk of the 2010 Miata. It is a small trunk to begin with and had about a 5 year accumulation of travel stuff (pads, maps, road atlas, tire patch items, tire air cartridges, etc.) filling up the space. Then, I did the same thing for the panniers and packs on my bike, reorganizing everything for the first time in several years. Then it was off the store to get stuff for tonight's cooking episode - smothered chicken, which is really an experiment in combining chicken breasts with cheese, mushrooms, onion, wine and other stuff as done by a ham-handed old nerd who really can't cook and get something to come out the same way twice.

Got my nuclear heart scan done, I am not glowing so I must be fine. This one was exceptionally painful and, like a baby, at the very end I started yelling telling them I’d had enough and let me out. Course they wouldn’t and tears started rolling down my face; it hurt so much.

I never cry, so I wouldn’t call it crying, but just my bodies‘ response to extreme pain. The test always makes my stomach hurt really bad; exceptionally so this time. Not agreeing to have it again-ever. Anyway, stomach still hurts but I lived through it.

Waiting for results.

Got my nuclear heart scan done, I am not glowing so I must be fine. This one was exceptionally painful and, like a baby, at the very end I started yelling telling them I’d had enough and let me out. Course they wouldn’t and tears started rolling down my face; it hurt so much.

I never cry, so I wouldn’t call it crying, but just my bodies‘ response to extreme pain. The test always makes my stomach hurt really bad; exceptionally so this time. Not agreeing to have it again-ever. Anyway, stomach still hurts but I lived through it.

Waiting for results.
((((Gentle Hugs)))))....

I went on my early walk this morning around 6:50 to drop off bill at mailbx down the street.It was 45,sun was out,no wind was refreshing
This morning,my friend,Mary&I are going on our weekly'road trip' someplace different.We're going to local matress store,I need a new one,mine is beginning to feel saggy
The rest of my day take a walk,read NYT,my book

Well, the rug was preying on my mind. When I rested up enough, I went back out and unfurled it on the front lawn. It's 14 x 11 feet (4 x 3 meters), but has some condition issues (frayed in a few places and a small area is missing (I guess that's the part that goes under the couch). I wonder how much it weighs (I can barely move it)?

View attachment 164413
I put the rug for sale on FB Marketplace and I thought my message box would be flooded with people wanting to buy it. Not one response except one person that said they could get a new undamaged one for what I'm asking for an old, dusty, falling-apart dumpster filler. Why do people do that? If they do want it, just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back