What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I drove home from the Blue Ridge. 9 hours ...... it rained torrents through South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Semis, semis and more semis.....throwing up water so at times the wipers couldn't keep up.

I'm always afraid to pull off the highway (though there were a lot that did) because I'm afraid someone will rear-end me.

I hate driving.

I got up earlier than usual. The dog thinks when some weak daylight peeps thru the blinds that it is time to get up. Today it was 6:10 am. No talking her out of it so got up, had my coffee, did some internet surfing, ate breakfast, then gave the dog her breakfast. Decided to go to Lowe's and get a few bedding plants and look at kitchen countertop materials, etc. Plants were super expensive because, they say, of the extended snow/ice and freezing temps several months back and many nurseries lost much of their wholesale stock. Guy in the kitchen area said prices for countertop materials had gone up as well and laminate is almost as much as quartz. Just my luck.

I got up earlier than usual. The dog thinks when some weak daylight peeps thru the blinds that it is time to get up. Today it was 6:10 am. No talking her out of it so got up, had my coffee, did some internet surfing, ate breakfast, then gave the dog her breakfast. Decided to go to Lowe's and get a few bedding plants and look at kitchen countertop materials, etc. Plants were super expensive because, they say, of the extended snow/ice and freezing temps several months back and many nurseries lost much of their wholesale stock. Guy in the kitchen area said prices for countertop materials had gone up as well and laminate is almost as much as quartz. Just my luck.
This is true for here-I saw Bonine plants at Lowe’s throw away most of their first delivery of plants due to late frost and I lost plants as well. I goggled it and while the plant may survive a freeze it will not bear as usual.

My Bella likes to go out at 5am. I think I’ll take her collar off tomorrow morning. She almost done eating it anyway. 😂

Read the report of my husbands CT scan, he has pneumonia in three lobes of his lungs. No wonder he was coughing up a lung. He is feeling much better. The smoke alarm in his room at home is beeping as the batteries need to be changed. 🤦🏻‍♀️ My son will have to do it.

Doing the usual today.

#1.......contacting the AC service man.
Last year when it refused to work.....he filled it up with coolant.....because there's a crack in the line....and was leaking out.....wasn't sure how long it was last.....got me through the summer..... new AC's were not even available because of covid.
AC went for the last couple days, then quit.
Hopefully something can be done shortly.

Going to be another 34 degrees today.....get things watered....and find something to do in the shade till it gets too hot.

Today is national donut day. Buy a beverage and get a free donut. Will hit the local Dunkin shop for our coffee fix. Need to buy some new belts and cargo shorts. Have gone from a 44 waist to a 40 and even those are a little large. Was 230 pounds, now as of yesterday, 193. So here I am talking about donuts… :rolleyes:
Have you tried these elasticated belts , pappy ?

My o/h has to sit down most of the day in his job and always found his leather belts cut into him.. so a couple of years ago he converted to these... and finds them really comfortable... They come in lots of colours...

https://www.amazon.com/Elastic-Brai...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It seems all building materials in the US have skyrocketed in price.

My days lately have revolved around studying the Radar Map of my area online .... We have had weeks of on and off rain.

It's become a game of finding that open time frame of 30 minutes or so, to get our dog walks in. (do this three times a day!) :rolleyes:
Last night it didn't work out so well ..(n).. but this morning was fine.

what type of tree is it ?
It's a Sycamore tree, Holly, and it's 37 years old.

I've read it's good for the environment that this tree does not hold pollution in it's tree bark, but sheds every year and has new bark.

There isn't another one on my street. My neighbor across the street said he loves this tree and wishes he had one in his front yard.
Maybe I should ask him if he wants to help me rake the fallen bark?😄

Not doing much today.It's a glorious sunny warm day but it's the last weekend of the holiday so those things which are free from lockdown will be packed.. beaches , etc..so I've just been sitting in the garden this morning chatting to my daughter..

Hubs downloaded the new FF update for me because I was expecting problems after reading all the woes on here about it..( I would usually downloadit myself)... but there was NO probs here at all.. Maybe it's because I'm on a MAC

I am planning on cleaning Rabbit's cage thoroughly today. Take it all apart, clean the tray that is underneath and put new boxes inside for litter. Take apart his water dish holder and clean that. Then vacuuming. He got hay all over the place now because for some reason he is taking a mouthful out of the cage and taking it somewhere he likes to sleep.

Supposed to get into the 90's here I heard, so staying inside. I cannot take hot weather.

Not doing much today.It's a glorious sunny warm day but it's the last weekend of the holiday so those things which are free from lockdown will be packed.. beaches , etc..so I've just been sitting in the garden this morning chatting to my daughter..
Do a lot of people take off the four days that straddle the holiday weekend and the following weekend, giving them nine days off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back