What Did You Have For Breakfast?

I had a pancake made with a little rolled oats ,1 egg 1 med banana and 100 grams of unflavoured yoghurt ...they were so nice a light tasting ..I topped with fresh lemon juice.

Added .....comment , I have a NutriBullet that make it easy to make the pancakes ...just put it all in a whizz

Last edited:
One thing we've fallen in love with lately is muesli ... a sort of rolled oats and nuts mixture that can be eaten cold with milk (or heated like oatmeal, I guess, but we never do). We may add extra nuts (walnuts, sliced almonds), and maybe a few raisins. Very yummy and ... rather addictive, so I have to watch it (due to the type II diabetes).

Once I turned my husband on to muesli, I noticed we had more and more, and now a variety of flavors are stored in our pantry. :love:

One thing we've fallen in love with lately is muesli ... a sort of rolled oats and nuts mixture that can be eaten cold with milk (or heated like oatmeal, I guess, but we never do). We may add extra nuts (walnuts, sliced almonds), and maybe a few raisins. Very yummy and ... rather addictive, so I have to watch it (due to the type II diabetes).

Once I turned my husband on to muesli, I noticed we had more and more, and now a variety of flavors are stored in our pantry. :love:
We like Muesli as well I believe it’s good for diabetics in moderation as long as you don’t buy the stuff that’s loaded with sugar ,we buy the raw ( unbaked ) version with no added sugar @Devi

• To make a souffle omelette, the eggs are first separated. The egg whites are then beaten until stiff peaks form.
  • The egg whites are gently folded into the egg yolks, along with some cheese.
  • The egg batter is then poured into a skillet and cooked until the egg is cooked through. More cheese is added at the very end to give the omelette a melted cheese center. You can also add herbs to flavor the dish. I added chopped chives.

The way I do it is to use vegetable spray in the frying pan 1st and heat up the pan and crack two eggs open on to the pan and after it starts to turn a little bit white I put about a tablespoon or two of water in the pan and cover it and I put the timer on for 2 minutes and then it's done.
Have you ever tried poached scrambled eggs @Ruthanne I used to make them often but it’s a bit of messing about
you mix the eggs ..meanwhile have a saucepan of boiling water on the stove ( water must be boiling before adding eggs ) swirl water ..add egg mix ..lift out with a slotted spoon when done . drain on paper towel ..it’s nice fat free cause you don’t need to add any butter / fats but it takes time to make
We have / love poached eggs for our evening meal once in a while

Have you ever tried poached scrambled eggs @Ruthanne I used to make them often but it’s a bit of messing about
you mix the eggs ..meanwhile have a saucepan of boiling water on the stove ( water must be boiling before adding eggs ) swirl water ..add egg mix ..lift out with a slotted spoon when done . drain on paper towel ..it’s nice fat free cause you don’t need to add any butter / fats but it takes time to make
We have / love poached eggs for our evening meal once in a while
Yes I've made them that way before.

The way I do it is to use vegetable spray in the frying pan 1st and heat up the pan and crack two eggs open on to the pan and after it starts to turn a little bit white I put about a tablespoon or two of water in the pan and cover it and I put the timer on for 2 minutes and then it's done.
@Aneeda72 I forgot to add that the frying pan should be heated to medium. Also, it may not take exactly 2 minutes for them to be done. Often, for me it's about a minute in a half.

Back