What do You Do to Get Yourself out of a "Crap" Mood?

its hard sometimes to get out of it ' especially if somebody has made u so angry '
my self I need distraction so I find a tv film to watch mostly so I dont have to think!
if not I do adult shading books calms me so much … or if all fails -- chocolate lol....

What is Hell? People!

i broke my shoulder and bruised many other areas. pain med makes me a little depressed and doesnt help the pain. its hard. thank you for this thread. good reading while i try to mend. can't type caps on keyboard one handed. can't do a lot of things. my family and faith are helping my mood right now as much as possible. bringing flowers, dinner, doing chores i can't do now.

i broke my shoulder and bruised many other areas. pain med makes me a little depressed and doesnt help the pain. its hard. thank you for this thread. good reading while i try to mend. can't type caps on keyboard one handed. can't do a lot of things. my family and faith are helping my mood right now as much as possible. bringing flowers, dinner, doing chores i can't do now.
Oh wow, I bet that must've and does hurt bad! This thread has helped me, too. Family is a great thing to have. I hope you will mend okay and feel better. I know what it's like to break something--a few years back I broke my ankle and foot. My mood was affected, too. 🌹 🌷🌺🌸🌼🌻

I'm sorry to hear that, Lara. Wishing you to heal quickly as possible and that your pain subsides soon.

Lara, I'm sorry. I know that life one-handed is really hard -- been there. How did it happen? Were you in an accident?

thank you @Butterfly, i was running playing ball with 4 dogs on an abandoned school track. i didn't know there was a man laying down on the grass field inside the track at the other end of the field so i had let all dogs off leashes. all of a sudden all 4 dogs were barking at him at the other end of the field. he sat up.

i ran fast to get all the dogs and yelling to him that they are all friendly and not to worry. he was kind and sweet. it was in the 90s and humid so my glasses got fogged up. i ran fast to get the ball from the track. Where the inside grass field meets the asphalt track, the track was about 6 inches higher than the grass which i didn't notice and tripped over the edge.

i fell flat on my face, got a black eye, abrasions on forehead nose cheek-bones and lip, bloody elbow, swollen knee, bloody thumbnail...but the worst was the broken shoulder with multiple fractures and splinters. ct scan showed my head was okay and X-rays showed my knee is okay. my glasses didn't break, not even a scratch...what?

Last edited:
I usually call one of my grandchildren to say Hello and hear their voice. That always puts me in a good mood. If it's too late to call them then I head right over to youtube and watch any funny thing. I love watching Don Rickles. That guy always makes me laugh.

thank you @Butterfly, i was running playing ball with 4 dogs on an abandoned school track. i didn't know there was a man laying down on the grass field inside the track at the other end of the field so i had let all dogs off leashes. all of a sudden all 4 dogs were barking at him at the other end of the field. he sat up.

i ran fast to get all the dogs and yelling to him that they are all friendly and not to worry. he was kind and sweet. it was in the 90s and humid so my glasses got fogged up. i ran fast to get the ball from the track. Where the inside grass field meets the asphalt track, the track was about 6 inches higher than the grass which i didn't notice and tripped over the edge.

i fell flat on my face, got a black eye, abrasions on forehead nose cheek-bones and lip, bloody elbow, swollen knee, bloody thumbnail...but the worst was the broken shoulder with multiple fractures and splinters. ct scan showed my head was okay and X-rays showed my knee is okay. my glasses didn't break, not even a scratch...what?

Oh Lara!!!!!! I just saw your posts. So sorry for what you are going through.. hope you get healed up quickly.

My exercise routine on the floor first. Which includes some yoga like stretches and deep breathing.
Then I ask the dog what he wants to do. he usually answers "ball game in the backyard". he always has the same answer.
After that search for something interesting on YouTube or watch sport on tv.
Then there is always something to read, if I can concentrate that is.

Our dogs are great for stress relief. So is music this song picks me up as do many others of all kind of music from rock to classic.

thank you @Butterfly,

....i fell flat on my face, got a black eye, abrasions on forehead nose cheek-bones and lip, bloody elbow, swollen knee, bloody thumbnail...but the worst was the broken shoulder with multiple fractures and splinters. ct scan showed my head was okay and X-rays showed my knee is okay. my glasses didn't break, not even a scratch...what?

Oh, hate to read this! I feel your pain re the shoulder and can say that literally. I slipped on a wet camper step in December and landed shoulder first. Broke the head of the humerus completely off and the head had multiple cracks. A broken shoulder is No Fun!!! Prayers for a speedy recovery and that you find good therapists. Therapy is really painful at first because the shoulder is so complex and all that soft tissue gets all 'stove up' and doesn't want to start moving again. I was blessed to have two really good occupational therapists.

Back