What Do You Take Pride In/Are Proud Of?

I am proud of my tenacity, I never give up. No matter how many times CPTSD flattens me, I always get up, sometimes an inch at a time, but, hey, I am still here! 🤗🌈
That's great Shali! I know just how hard that can be and the perseverance is a great accomplishment in itself!

I'm proud of my oldest son Matt. He's a retired Special Forces Master Sergeant and did multiple combat tours to the middle east. He was also a pretty decent wrestler in High School and College. In High school he once wrestled Ray Lewis, who later became a star in the NFL, in a tournament finals in the 189 lbs class. Ray was a beast even then. According to his coach he was bench pressing 375 lbs at that time. He had to cut a lot of weight after football season to make 189 for wrestling, while my son's coach had moved him up from 171 for that tournament. So Matt was quite a bit smaller than Ray. Ray Lewis had wrestled a total of 23 seconds in his two matches leading up to finals. He pinned one opponent in 10 seconds and the other in 13 seconds. My son lost to him but he lasted 4 minutes and 55 seconds and gave Ray Lewis a pretty good match.

I'm proud of my oldest son Matt. He's a retired Special Forces Master Sergeant and did multiple combat tours to the middle east. He was also a pretty decent wrestler in High School and College. In High school he once wrestled Ray Lewis, who later became a star in the NFL, in a tournament finals in the 189 lbs class. Ray was a beast even then. According to his coach he was bench pressing 375 lbs at that time. He had to cut a lot of weight after football season to make 189 for wrestling, while my son's coach had moved him up from 171 for that tournament. So Matt was quite a bit smaller than Ray. Ray Lewis had wrestled a total of 23 seconds in his two matches leading up to finals. He pinned one opponent in 10 seconds and the other in 13 seconds. My son lost to him but he lasted 4 minutes and 55 seconds and gave Ray Lewis a pretty good match.
All I can say is Wow Trade! :giggle:

I've posted this before, but I'm still proud of my grandson

He's in the color guard now

a few picks from before;

jess on leave 2018.jpg

Jess, Basic training 2.jpg

aaaand, my great grand is due in Sept

him and his lady
lunch.jpg

something I put together back when he was sixteen;
QGvMmlI.png

Oh, and me
I'm proud of me

For keeping this woman for 50 years
my woman.jpg

I am also proud of my daughter.

I'm just going to be lazy and use the write up on her that her school put on their website.

http://paloaltoprep.com/faculty-and-staff
April Stallone – English
April Stallone moved to the Bay Area from the sunny, rainy swamplands of Florida where she grew up hiking, camping, kayaking, surfing and reading lots and lots of books. Childhood career considerations included human rights lawyer, field biologist and teacher. Teacher won when she helped one of her mother’s students learn to read. April attended the University of South Florida, earning a double B.A in English Literature/Professional Writing and Religious Studies. She then studied Eastern Religions and Sanskrit Language and worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at USF through grad school. She completed her Master’s in Education at Florida Southern College in 2014. She’s been teaching secondary Language Arts since 2010 and is endorsed in ELL and Gifted education.
On the side, she has kept up with professional writing working as a freelance copywriter and has also taught environmental summer camps through local animal shelters she’s volunteered with. She completed the Florida Master Naturalist program through the University of South Florida in 2014 and loves teaching students to love and respect the outdoors and it’s creatures. She lives in East Bay with her husband and four adorable dogs.

im proud , that after looking after my hubby after his stroke ,single handed, without any support from anyone, for 7 yrs , ive given him physio, cared for him and still kept strong...which has been very hard at times.......and i will carry on !! ..

I'm proud of my children. Two totally different people but wonderful caring,hardworking people. I haven contributed anything profound to society but I'm proud of all my little accomplishments,learning new techniques for my many projects and not giving up when I get stuck. I'm proud that I am so organized. At any given moment I can tell you right where something is and I do keep my house spotless

Back