What do you think was the purpose of your life?

I've had a pretty poor life... over all... altho' I try to make the best of it when I can... and despite the awfulness in much of life, I've not had to live a life with a serious debilitating condition as so many have. Just think how terrible life would be with locked in syndrome for example..

Given that I was stillborn, I always feel that I was never meant to be here, and the life I was given in my first 21 years proved that to me... my conclusion ultimately.. is that I was meant to be here to bring a better person than me into the world.. my Daughter..

You'll have to ask God the purpose of my being here. I had nothing to do with it.
good one!!!

i think our views of this change with time. when i was a hippie it was diff than today. when i was
ranching it was diff than today.
today...i do not know Wth any of its about.

as for kindness and love thats expected id say since we too are mammals and mammals are animals
who raise young and care for them. love and kindness is part of being alive, truly alive.
that dope in TX was not: the walking dead.

i look up at the vast nite skies and have not a clue how im standing there doing that.
its vast and we are, i am...here, now sitting in this chair.

it hardly makes any sense really.
maybe its all a game of craps....dice thrown and you and i ended up here.
i used to think i knew and now idk....

Last edited:
What would you say was the "purpose" of the life of Salvador Ramos, who just deliberately killed 19 children and 2 adults? Could such an act of pure evil have a purpose?

I think the question is meaningless.

That was Salvador Ramos's purpose that he chose for himself because he let Satan rule his life.
He allowed the devil into his heart, evil consumed him, and once again, man's sinful nature ended innocent lives.
`

Last edited:
I came here to experience this physical form and all the sensations available here. Hot-cold, Love-anger and all the things in between. As the time to return to a spirit existence comes nearer, I look upon all the moments of this life as gifts. This journey is about discovery of self and the moments of this life reveal them. As a spirit of thought and love, I was in constant communion with all and the Creator. It has only been through this life that I found the emptiness of solitude and the joy of quiet. My purpose is to feel everything this body can experience and to help others do the same. I once thought this life was like a PHD in relationships for the spirit, then I realized it was kindergarten.

What would you say was the "purpose" of the life of Salvador Ramos, who just deliberately killed 19 children and 2 adults? Could such an act of pure evil have a purpose?

I think the question is meaningless.
I do not know everything about his life so I can't reasonably answer his purpose. However, I do believe there can be a purpose in pure evil..to recognize and attempt to eliminate evil..I also get that some will feel the question is meaningless...we all see things differently and that makes the world quite interesting... :)

I came here to experience this physical form and all the sensations available here. Hot-cold, Love-anger and all the things in between. As the time to return to a spirit existence comes nearer, I look upon all the moments of this life as gifts. This journey is about discovery of self and the moments of this life reveal them. As a spirit of thought and love, I was in constant communion with all and the Creator. It has only been through this life that I found the emptiness of solitude and the joy of quiet. My purpose is to feel everything this body can experience and to help others do the same. I once thought this life was like a PHD in relationships for the spirit, then I realized it was kindergarten.
Thank you..that was awesome(y):)

Thought this post was about one's purpose in life.

What I am seeing is discussions about oneself, soul, spirit etc etc.
There is no one single purpose in life as far as I can see and I have lived a long and varied life.
I am hoping I served many purposes in life along the way ....all part of living life.

This is the first forum that I have been a part of that is devoted to the thoughts of old farts (love you all, by the way). I'm being continually surprised at how thoughtful and reflective people here are. It's not the stereotype I was expecting. I've often heard "wisdom comes with age," but I thought it was just something old people said because they liked the sound of it. I'm happy to be here. Or maybe I've just hit that age where I want it to be true. No really, I'm impressed.

Earth DNA organic life is merely born, then begins existing with innate instinctive behaviors they perform, like breathing, moving, eating, excretion, reproducing, existing in a productive useful environment to continue life. All life has instinct to live, avoiding things that are painful or dangerous that would end their lives.

The above noted, this person personally has come to understand many worthwhile purposes in my one chance of Earthly existence. Many of those purposes involve experiencing, exploring, understanding our amazing blue water planet in such an incredibly fine tuned universe we find ourselves within that there is significant reason to believe a God or Ultimate Intelligent Entity was at least at some levels involved. And if so, I greatly thank, praise, and adore him for his wonderful gift of creation.

Thought this post was about one's purpose in life.

What I am seeing is discussions about oneself, soul, spirit etc etc.
There is no one single purpose in life as far as I can see and I have lived a long and varied life.
I am hoping I served many purposes in life along the way ....all part of living life.
One's purpose can involve spirit soul oneself etc...I agree we can have more than one single purpose, but when I wrote the OP I was thinking along the lines of ..main purpose to have been born

Just a technicality but...
Why is the title to this thread using past tense..."What do you think WAS the purpose of your life?"
As long as we are living we still have purpose. When we no longer have purpose our life is over.
So keep on keeping on folks ;)(y)
I agree that as long as we are alive we have purpose and new purposes can develop..but when I wrote the OP it was with the thought of why were we born in the first place...what was the reason/purpose for us to be..was there one?...I was looking for opinions and am delighted to read so many varied ones!!
Thank you to everyone!!

Hadn't thought about what my life's purpose was . The lazy part of me doesn't want to invest the time to consider what it is now or will be for as long as I'm still alive.

Back