What have you bought recently?

I bought a food processor so I don’t have to chop my veggies by hand since I am cooking a little lately. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I am not an expert at making my morning pancake which I enjoy so much, and don’t have to get him to go to McDonald’s once a week for pancakes. Cheaper this way as well.

But I am out of strawberries, sad. I could walk to the store this morning but it is extremely windy and hard to walk with a walker that far when it is windy. 😢

I bought a food processor so I don’t have to chop my veggies by hand since I am cooking a little lately. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I am not an expert at making my morning pancake which I enjoy so much, and don’t have to get him to go to McDonald’s once a week for pancakes. Cheaper this way as well.

But I am out of strawberries, sad. I could walk to the store this morning but it is extremely windy and hard to walk with a walker that far when it is windy. 😢
When you do get out buy frozen strawberries... and then you can just defrost a couple at a time

When you do get out buy frozen strawberries... and then you can just defrost a couple at a time
Sacrilege! How dare you @hollydolly? Frozen strawberries?-the horror 😳. 🤣🤣🤣. We now have fresh beautiful strawberries and the little market where I shop gets them from a wonderful grower so all the strawberries in the package have no mold or squishy spots and are big beautiful and perfect. Hmm, like me 😍

Buy them, bring them home, put them in the hand slicer, husband slices them, each slice perfection, add fake sugar, stuff them in my face. 50 calories a cup, better than gummy bears and almost nothing is better than gummy bears. But now I am out of strawberries and gummy bears. My life is hell. 😢

Sacrilege! How dare you @hollydolly? Frozen strawberries?-the horror 😳. 🤣🤣🤣. We now have fresh beautiful strawberries and the little market where I shop gets them from a wonderful grower so all the strawberries in the package have no mold or squishy spots and are big beautiful and perfect. Hmm, like me 😍

Buy them, bring them home, put them in the hand slicer, husband slices them, each slice perfection, add fake sugar, stuff them in my face. 50 calories a cup, better than gummy bears and almost nothing is better than gummy bears. But now I am out of strawberries and gummy bears. My life is hell. 😢
Yup. but you don't have any now do you ?...whereas...if you had frozen.... :sneaky:...freeze the fresh ones from the little market shop then...

Goodness....what haven't I bought, LOL? We are Amazon Prime members and hardly a day goes by without us ordering something. Excluding groceries and take-out, in the last week we ordered:

espresso powder
Crisco cooking spray
Pashmina poncho
kitchen glove (the kind that stops knife cuts)
chicken bouillon
homeopathic allergy pills
band-aids
- all from Amazon, not including 11 books on Kindle

2 pairs of house slippers
pair of sapphire & white topaz earrings (gift)
tealight candelabra

I've found that although our supermarkets' shelves are stocked, what they are carrying is a bit more limited than before. There was cooking spray, for example, but only the PAM brand. I don't use that brand any longer, the Crisco is more economical and works just as well.

The band-aids also are a certain size and type I prefer, as I'm always getting cuts and dings on my fingers. I have a hard time finding them, even though the drugstores and markets have boxes of different bandages - but not the kind I want.

I really find it so much easier to shop on-line, even for clothes and shoes. I always used catalogs a lot pre-Internet, so going on-line to order was a natural segue for me once technology made it possible.

Question:

What have you bought recently?​

Answer:

I don't know, but the money sure goes fast, doesn't it? :ROFLMAO:

Another of life's sillier moments from...

Tony

Chocolate as an extra present for my baby son who will be 41 tomorrow! He was mad that last year Covid took away his fortieth BD party so tomorrow his wife designed a clever party for him. I will watch my grandson (YAY!) and she will take son to a friend's place, then to another, and another, etc. At each, the friends are waiting with a toast.

So, I won't be writing here tomorrow 🥰

Chocolate as an extra present for my baby son who will be 41 tomorrow! He was mad that last year Covid took away his fortieth BD party so tomorrow his wife designed a clever party for him. I will watch my grandson (YAY!) and she will take son to a friend's place, then to another, and another, etc. At each, the friends are waiting with a toast.

So, I won't be writing here tomorrow 🥰
My daughter is 45 years old in a weeks' time, she too was mad as thump when she missed the celebration of her birthday last year...this year we're going to be able to do something, don't quite know what, but the lockdown is being lifted on the 12th the day before her birthday

Happy Birthday to your baby boy... (y)

Last edited:
My daughter is 45 years old in a weeks' time, she too was mad as thump when she missed the celebration of her birthday last year...this year we're going to be able to do something, don't quite know what, but the lockdown is being lifted on the 12th the day before her birthday

Happy Birthday to your baby boy... (y)
Without children and their stages in life, time spans appear different. You have a daughter coming up 45, you probably think: "Where did the time go?" But you have seen her throughout her life. We used to have neighbours who had two little girls born with a year of each other. They were five and six at the time, almost like twins. These two found our dance clothes wardrobe, well they found my wife's. A little girl's dream, all these ballgowns, great for dressing up. Their parents marriage broke down and they moved away. I worked out the other day that their ages are now 28 and 29. Talk about freak me out.

Without children and their stages in life, time spans appear different. You have a daughter coming up 45, you probably think: "Where did the time go?" But you have seen her throughout her life. We used to have neighbours who had two little girls born with a year of each other. They were five and six at the time, almost like twins. These two found our dance clothes wardrobe, well they found my wife's. A little girl's dream, all these ballgowns, great for dressing up. Their parents marriage broke down and they moved away. I worked out the other day that their ages are now 28 and 29. Talk about freak me out.
yep you're right, it's really only when I write my daughters' age down, that I think... how on earth can she be almost 45, it's impossible....

A new coffee maker. Absolutely hated the one I bought in the winter. It ran the water through so fast there was no flavour in the coffee. DH doesn’t like waste so I didn’t say anything until yesterday. He agreed and now we’re back to the original one we had. Yay to good coffee.

Two iphone12's and now we are spending a whale of a lot of time getting them connected to everything and fully running. They are quite an upgrade from our old iPhone 4's. We got the larger screens which helps the eyesight.
They are a tad expensive, but we tend to keep ours for a long time.

Two iphone12's and now we are spending a whale of a lot of time getting them connected to everything and fully running. They are quite an upgrade from our old iPhone 4's. We got the larger screens which helps the eyesight.
They are a tad expensive, but we tend to keep ours for a long time.
you should have waited till August for the new S model..that's what I'm doing.I have the 10x Iphone, hubs has the 11 we'll both upgrade at the end of summer , costs me nothing...

Back