What have you bought recently?

Isn't Roundup that product that's been in class-action lawsuits????
It has been questioned for a very long time.....due to careless users....farmers had to apply for a user license from the company, believe they still do.....so therefore nobody coming off the street were able to buy it from chemical companies.....BUT.....retail stores are allowed to sell, but it is under a lock. The retailers don't question anyone who wants to buy some. It's premixed, not a concentrate.
There was a spell a few years back, that retails weren't allowed to sell it.
Then all of a sudden, the Roundup appeared in retails.
Go figure......doesn't make sense, either, or. Ok......now i'm confused.🙃😞🙃

wow, @hollydolly
What is cheap for you, would be considered very high, here.

It is only that high, here, in remote areas, where it has to be trucked from afar, but not in populated areas....

though each State in the USA is different, and I am sure it is much higher than here, in the higher income cities and States, etc.....

wow, @hollydolly
What is cheap for you, would be considered very high, here.

It is only that high, here, in remote areas, where it has to be trucked from afar, but not in populated areas....

though each State in the USA is different, and I am sure it is much higher than here, in the higher income cities and States, etc.....
It's not cheap for us..it's expensive, it's just less expensive than usual since Covid... we're used to paying around £1.30 per Litre .. £6.50 per gallon... we have some of the most expensive fuel in the world..

It has been questioned for a very long time.....due to careless users....farmers had to apply for a user license from the company, believe they still do.....so therefore nobody coming off the street were able to buy it from chemical companies.....BUT.....retail stores are allowed to sell, but it is under a lock. The retailers don't question anyone who wants to buy some. It's premixed, not a concentrate.
There was a spell a few years back, that retails weren't allowed to sell it.
Then all of a sudden, the Roundup appeared in retails.
Go figure......doesn't make sense, either, or. Ok......now i'm confused.🙃😞🙃
There are often news spots on t.v. about these lawsuits https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-05-25/bayer-weedkiller-deal
yet not too long ago, I also saw a commercial pushing it to farmers.

Roundup had a bad press here too... and we never use it.. but there's no ban on it's use now..apparently scientist have said there's no proof it causes cancers... hmmm..I won't be risking it , we stopped using it years ago

The Environmental Protection Agency reaffirmed that glyphosate, the active ingredient in the herbicide Roundup, is safe to use and unlikely to cause cancer.

“EPA has thoroughly evaluated potential human health risk associated with exposure to glyphosate and determined that there are no risks to human health from the current registered uses of glyphosate and that glyphosate is not likely to be carcinogenic to humans,” EPA said in an interim registration review decision announced Thursday.

The decision, which drew both praise and criticism, comes as lawyers representing Roundup manufacturer Bayer and plaintiffs who claim exposure to Roundup caused their cancer are discussing a settlement of thousands of cases nationwide.

The agency also issued proposed interim decisions containing mitigation measures for five widely used neonicotinoid insecticides — acetamiprid, clothianidin, dinotefuran, imidacloprid, and thiamethoxam.

The glyphosate decision includes mitigation measures to reduce spray drift, including prohibitions on spraying during temperature inversions or when the wind speed exceeds 15 miles per hour, and applying with medium or coarser droplets.

https://www.agri-pulse.com/articles/13115-epa-says-glyphosate-safe-to-use-probably-not-carcinogenic

As this was the last day the city buses run free (before they charge fares again), plus being out of virtually everything, I went to the grocery store and bought necessities:
milk, yogurt, candy bars, cat food, and black olives so I can make egg salad. :)

I want to say, "that sounds like some salad, with all those ingredients" ;) Janice.....
but perhaps I ought to reign in my ridiculous humor somewhat?
:rolleyes::unsure:

Back