What have you bought recently?

I really like using Tea Tree Oil products (mouthwash, toothpaste, bar soap) so ordered those plus herbal ear oil, natural laundry liquid, lipstick and Gluten free cereal from an online health food store. Have shopped their retail store many times in the past but they don't always the items I need in stock so thought I would try their online store this time.

Do you buy much online?

Do you prefer to shop in the brick & mortar stores...?

Did you recently get a great bargain, or feel you've paid too much for something ?

Come and share what you've bought in either ....

This week we bought a new Electric telescopic Pole tree saw.. .. which arrived today..alongside a gallon of oil for it..

electric-pruner-8-amp-telescoping-2-in-1-pole-saw-tree-trimmer-chainsaw-high-speed-grape-pruning-s.jpg

Still waiting for half the order to arrive even tho' we paid for a specific date for delivery

hi hollydolly. i bought masks online. they were almost $15.00 a piece. the shipping and handling was not bad. i would have preferred being in store for the purchase but, due to coronavirus i chose to order in.

Much to my surprise and delight, I found a package in our mailbox the other day .. it was a blouse I'd forgotten I'd ordered online. It was on sale, free delivery, and bought with a gift card :)
same thing happened to me this week. A blouse style jacket I ordered way back in March and forgot all about arrived this week... and it fits beautifully too, so I'm pleased about that.

I just remembered , I also bought 2 posters from the USA for my daughter, she'd asked specifically for this type...

ETA forgot also that I ordered 2 pairs of water shoes on recommendation from another poster, on how to not slip in the shower..

Just ordered my dog a new Donut bed to bury himself in .... He has one now, but after several washings it looks a little ( a lot) worn out.
He better enjoy the new one when it gets here later this week.

@hollydolly ... I ordered some copper-infused face masks that cost a bundle too. .... $45 for two of them (also reusable)
.. should get them this week also.

Just ordered my dog a new Donut bed to bury himself in .... He has one now, but after several washings it looks a little ( a lot) worn out.

@hollydolly ... I ordered some copper-infused face masks that cost a bundle too. .... $45 for two of them (also reusable)
yes I had to buy re-usable mask from Russia, at £12 each ... just couldn't get them here at all... and still not, but I did manage to get a box of 50 triple layer single use masks for £30

About 6 weeks ago I bought some online handmade reusable masks from Etsy Canada and am quite pleased with the quality of the workmanship and the materials used. The masks have a liner with an inside pocket to insert your own type of filter (eg. coffee filter) if you wish. Obviously not medical grade but the fit is also good and they wash well.

They were somewhat higher priced than other similar masks on Etsy but were worth it IMO. The Etsy owner also owns a fabric shop in a tourist area I'm familiar with. As a result of the sales of her masks she's able to contribute materials to help the local hospital. I'm considering ordering a few more soon.

Bonnie, does Lil Bear's bed look like this?
iu
I've been thinking of getting mine a new one

My recent acquisition was a 22-quart pressure canner. I have always feared pressure canners, but I need to can more varieties of food that won't go in a water bath canner. I have successfully canned 3 pints of beef roast, 4 pints of potatoes, and 7 pints of hamburger. I'm going to master this!!!!;)

Filled the petrol tank up.. petrol still at an all time low.. £1... per litre...
Cute - "Petrol." I had fun with an aunt from England who stayed with us. She always LOL'd when I teased her about the different words she used for things, like: "Bonnet" for a car's trunk. I'd ask, "What's a bonnet?"
She never used the word "also." She always said, "As well." "Are we going out for lunch as well?" I'd reply, "As well as what?"

Cute - "Petrol." I had fun with an aunt from England who stayed with us. She always LOL'd when I teased her about the different words she used for things, like: "Bonnet" for a car's trunk. I'd ask, "What's a bonnet?"
She never used the word "also." She always said, "As well." "Are we going out for lunch as well?" I'd reply, "As well as what?"
it always amuses me as to why you guys never learned these words back in the day.. Bonnet=Hood...petrol - Gas ( why gas I wonder ?).. Boot= Trunk..lorry-Truck.... ... we do say ''also''...as well .. as '' as well '':D

Back