What have you bought recently?

Bought a voice recorder yesterday because as I drive I see something like a business I will use it to remind me instead of waiting until I get stopped to write it down. Also to record things I need to do but later forget what it was. My short term memory needs help from time to time.
We've had one for years .. record our grocery list and other things on it. Handy little device.

Bought several 2" x 8", 3/4" thick recycled rubber walkways. They are an exclusive of a garden supply company and wonderful for stopping weed growth and providing a great non slip walkway. Have had some for years now. They are heavy and the company had buy 3 or more and save on each, plus"free shipping over $125 so it was a good deal.

PermaMulch-PHFA19-AF2593.jpg

I've bought a lot this last week or so.. chief among those is a whole room of office furniture.. which will be installed after the old office is redecorated which hubs is in the process of doing now in his last week off from work ..not sure if it'll all be ready before he returns to work but I can only hope. 🤞

Bought lots of paint and accessories for the decorating.. also got some very nice realistic looking fake plants..

Discovered some fab wide edged picture frames in the barn which I bought ages ago and forgot about, still in their wrappings so they'll be going on the wall in the newly renovated room

Yesterday I also got a new Patio door Glass Canopy, we've had the same one for about 25 years, so time for a change and get one a little larger..

I've been searching for a new extra firm innerspring twin mattress that is built for an adult.

I wasn't able to find anything locally at a price I was willing to pay.

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to take a chance on a compressed twin mattress in a box from Brooklyn Bedding.

It arrived yesterday and I was very fortunate that the young FedEx driver was willing to carry the 65-pound carton up the two flights of stairs to my apartment.

I let the mattress out of the box and allowed it to rest for the afternoon.

I was a little skeptical but I slept on it last night and I think it will be fine.

1597150922748.jpeg

Last edited:
We bought a new Maytag washing machine our 11 year old front loader just "gave up the ghost" and at some point repairing them is just not economical. I will have a pile of wash to do by the time it gets delivered this Friday.

@Pecos .. I'm thinking about getting a new Maytag washing machine too, as my old Maytag is getting up there in age and acting up some.
Hearing that the wait time for new appliances can be quite long now. True?

Bought lots of paint and accessories for the decorating.. also got some very nice realistic looking fake plants..

Discovered some fab wide edged picture frames in the barn which I bought ages ago and forgot about, still in their wrappings so they'll be going on the wall in the newly renovated room

I love that you got real fake plants. :ROFLMAO:
Consider setting an ornamental watering can, near them..... but do not water!
:LOL:

Those frames sound nice. Do you have some of your own wonderful, taken photo's to put in them?

I love that you got real fake plants. :ROFLMAO:
Consider setting an ornamental watering can, near them..... but do not water!
:LOL:

Those frames sound nice. Do you have some of your own wonderful, taken photo's to put in them?
LOL... funny you should ask I actually do have many of my own photos and some of my own art to go into those Frames, how could you have guessed? :LOL:...the realistic looking fake plants are actually fake plants rather than fake flowers.. of which I have some of those too... but not going in the new office..

here's some that I have in a tall rattan planter which sits outside my back door... ( taken in the dark just a few minutes ago).. :D

IMG-7260.jpg

I bought a new foot rest for under my desk. If I don't use a foot rest then my lower back hurts when I'm using the desktop..and this one is super cheap yet solidly made, best on the market IMO

71-WCn9ph-T5-L-AC-SL1500.jpg
ordered it at 12 noon and it was here at 3.30pm...how's that for service ?

Also one of our biggest chain of quality department stores has called the adminsitrators in ( sadly, one of the many stores which have hit the wall since Covid-19)... and they have a big sale on, so I bought my husband 2 linen shirts for work which were a third of the price they usually retail for... again, ordered direct from the store last night, delivery was first thing this morning!!

Back