What have you bought recently?

A roast, 😂, probably not bought one in a couple years, but it’s Easter and we are eating at home now 🤦🏻‍♀️, so while I can’t eat much meat, my husband can. 😊. Had to look up how to cook it, takes hours apparently but smells good.
The roast came out really well, but I had to put the potatoes and carrots into the microwave. I waited too long to add them. Oh, well, my memory of how to cook is returning slowly. That roast cooked for over 4 hours.

Bought 6 different tomato plants yesterday, potting soil, and potted them. Since it is snowing today they are in the shed. Worked on turning my box spring into a raised garden bed 😂. Looks fine, got to fill it with potting soil and it is ready. I am nuts about summer tomatoes.

Ever heard of these? ... Robot cats and dogs
I bought an interactive tabby cat ... for my dog!! .. expensive, but so much fun and it's very lifelike, fur and all.
We call her Kitty.
Love all the movements and sounds, and it looks so real. Lil'Bear still can't figure Kitty out!
😀

White-Joy-for-All-Hasbro-Companion-Pet-Cat.jpg

https://www.interactivepuppy.com/hasbro-white-interactive-senior-companion-pets/

They make these especially for seniors with dementia..

I bought a pair of shorts. I’ve lost so much weight that my other shorts did not fit.
When my wife makes me a new shirt, she measures my neck, then my chest and finally my midriff. I hate it when she says: Definitely maternity. Here's a shirt that's a work in progress: Look closely at the breast pocket in the second picture and see how she makes it "disappear."
gary's aloha shirt 001.JPGgary's aloha shirt 002.JPGgary's aloha shirt 002.JPGgary's aloha shirt 003.JPG

Went for quite some time without the shopping thing.
But, catching up on that now.
Got 2 large soap dispensers, 28 oz......still waiting for shower curtains, have the heavy clear plastic ones on my showers, these are just the pretty ones to cover the other ones.....have birds on them of course.
Waiting for Gold Bond foot cream.......and just ordered 10 large bottles of Olay body wash, with being two of us, soon we're hoping, stocked up.
You may think i'm nuts.....i ordered 3 galvanized water troughs to use for raised gardens....2ft high, 2ft wide, 6ft long.....won't have to fence these off, they're to tall for my guys to get into......2 ft tall......will be really nice.....now i'll have to think of stuff to go in the very bottom, so i don't need to fill with dirt right to the bottom......probably, leaves, grass clippings, peat moss, maybe some small wood chunks.
The Love of my life loves gardening as much as i do, will be great to share that passion with him.
I didn't think of this idea myself.......got it from ideas on line.
I hope they come soon enough so i can get them in production this spring.
There....that's enough shopping for now, except for the soil to fill them.

I had a whole pile of music-related stuff that I wanted to get rid of. I have absolutely no desire to get into the selling game with all its associated hassles. So I took it all down to one of our Guitar Center stores. I found an expensive guitar that I wanted and they took in all my stuff and I paid $200 on top of that. I got almost $5,000 for my stuff, which surprisingly, is more than I had in it, unloaded it all hassle-free, and ended up with a very nice instrument that suits my needs very well.

Tony

Went for quite some time without the shopping thing.
But, catching up on that now.
Got 2 large soap dispensers, 28 oz......still waiting for shower curtains, have the heavy clear plastic ones on my showers, these are just the pretty ones to cover the other ones.....have birds on them of course.
Waiting for Gold Bond foot cream.......and just ordered 10 large bottles of Olay body wash, with being two of us, soon we're hoping, stocked up.
You may think i'm nuts.....i ordered 3 galvanized water troughs to use for raised gardens....2ft high, 2ft wide, 6ft long.....won't have to fence these off, they're to tall for my guys to get into......2 ft tall......will be really nice.....now i'll have to think of stuff to go in the very bottom, so i don't need to fill with dirt right to the bottom......probably, leaves, grass clippings, peat moss, maybe some small wood chunks.
The Love of my life loves gardening as much as i do, will be great to share that passion with him.
I didn't think of this idea myself.......got it from ideas on line.
I hope they come soon enough so i can get them in production this spring.
There....that's enough shopping for now, except for the soil to fill them.
I have done raised gardens in water troughs before, just keep in mind they require more water because the mental heats the potting soil up more and faster than non mental one. Anything can go on the bottom for drainage but make sure you drill the holes on the bottom first if it doesn’t have holes.

My carrots did not do well in them, but everything else was fine as I remember. 😍. I am using my box spring as a garden bed this year and a wooden pallet. So, we will see. You can plant a veggie into any container. I’ve put my tomatoes in flower containers. Because of my upcoming hip surgery, in June, everything needs to be higher.

I was going to ask you, can corgis jump very high? Will they dig under fences? BBL, off for my biospy 🙄.

The least exciting purchase ever. A pack of adhesive plastic nose pads to put on my many pairs of readers so they don’t slip down. I’d asked at Walmart eye wear shop and they wanted $4 for one pair. Ridiculous. The pack of 12 was less than $10 on Amazon. Even with Prime, it’ll be over a week for delivery.

A new phone. The service is too expensive for me, but after one month I can lower it, since the phone was "free", you have to agree to the big storage package for 1 month. I don't need the Internet on it, nor games.
My wife and I just recently switch from old style flip phones to 5G smart phones. We waited until the plans became more affordable. We have 5G, no limits on any of the services (data, text, voice), and all for $35 a month each, tax included. We went with T-Mobile because we have been with them for so many years already and their plan for seniors was the same price as everybody else's. We had to purchase our phones, so we got the least expensive Android 5G phones, which are rated higher than several of the much more expensive Samsung phones. I now use mine for just about everything I do on a daily basis.

So shopping around can yield some good pricing, but you will find that all these providers seem to offer similar prices and if you dig enough, you can find the cheapest plans from any of their offerings. Where T-Mobile seems to be better than some is that their cheapest plan for seniors includes 5G, where some of the others charge extra for that.

Tony

Back